General Changes To Vodafone Warriors For Away Game Against Gold Coast

cornelius_sulla_old

I agree with sebastian and Iafeta that Rapira looks out of sorts, and that Tuimavave should take his spot. I think that he (Tuimavave) has outshone all of the front rowers this year so far, including Price when he was on the field.

I'm dissapointed also that Fai has not been perservered with, but he is young and this demotion probably has more to do with team strategy that Fai's performance per se. I'm convinced that the young man is a future star.

But that said, the teams been announced and I'm in behind it 100%; win, lose or draw, just like every other week of the year.
GO THE BOYS!

Matrix_old

I agree with sebastian and Iafeta that Rapira looks out of sorts, and that Tuimavave should take his spot. I think that he (Tuimavave) has outshone all of the front rowers this year so far, including Price when he was on the field.

I'm dissapointed also that Fai has not been perservered with, but he is young and this demotion probably has more to do with team strategy that Fai's performance per se. I'm convinced that the young man is a future star.

But that said, the teams been announced and I'm in behind it 100%; win, lose or draw, just like every other week of the year.
GO THE BOYS!

Yeah i'm with you about Sonny others in the team can play shockers & still keep there spots but Sonny hasn't stepped a foot wrong & he gets dropped Whats the haps Ivan I'm not buying into this bringing him along PC rubbish If he's good enough (& we know he is) he's old enough. I think it will screw with his confidence being in the team one week & dropped the next

Skinny_Ravs82

He's been in the team since round 2 hasn't he?

I don't think he's done what everyone keeps saying he can. Maybe that takes time, I don't know...but still..hmm

Kid-Dynamite_old

He's been in the team since round 2 hasn't he?
I don't think he's done what everyone keeps saying he can. Maybe that takes time, I don't know...but still..hmm

Yip, he's been in since our round 2 victory over the Eels.

In 5 games he's played 178 mins, made 24 runs for 204 metres, made 57 tackles, missed 13 tackles, 6 tackle breaks and 3 errors.

Jesbass_old

GO THE BOYS!

On Sonny Fai, Cleary has made it very clear in the media, (or at least I think he has).

Fai hasn't done anything 'wrong' per se. But he hasn't had much game time. He's had 178 minutes across five weeks: 28, 50, 26, 33, and 41 respectively.

That's not much time on the field.

In a lower grade, he'll be able to keep up with the play, and have a lot more time on the field to retain his fitness levels. Once he's been there for an appropriate amount of time for his fitness to build back up, he'll return to the top squad.

AmieJ_old

Lets hope these changes can help us on the road - Big game this wkend against the Titans :s

Iafeta_old

Yip, he's been in since our round 2 victory over the Eels.

In 5 games he's played 178 mins, made 24 runs for 204 metres, made 57 tackles, missed 13 tackles, 6 tackle breaks and 3 errors.

Unfortunately, they're pretty ordinary stats, particularly the missed tackle ratio and error to meterage ratio.

JustinKings_old

JK, are you saying that in terms of for his own sake, (so that he isn't distracted by his off field court case), or for the sake of the team? I suppose they both go hand in hand, but I imagine you're leaning more one way than the other?

First and foremost for the team, but also for Crockett himself. He needs to get his off-field dramas sorted. He can't be in and out of the team due to his court case or any complications. Down the line in the future, he may be having to fly back and forth Sydney and Auckland for court purposes, causing off-field distractions.

The whole thing would be easier on everyone if he's just let go from the warriors at the end of the year and he can find another club or go to the UK Super League and build some career for himself, gain some much needed maturity. Besides, we don't need him with all the young talented wingers we have coming through and obviously he'll cost more than the young guys, which takes up more of the salary cap and every cent counts. The money could go towards a better signing.

westie stylz_old

Do we blood enough young guys?

There never seems to be any faith in bringing up the next tier down.

Look at the Raiders, they should have beaten the Storm the other night with nearly ten regular first graders missing. Half the side v the Storm were their regular reserve graders when they have a fully fit squad and you would hardly have known it looking at them.

Those reserve graders we have will end up getting thrown in there when the coach has given up on the top side and we are in the poop and it will probably make things worse. I think it's better to drip feed them in when a guy is out of form and they are coming into a reasonably settled side rather than one that's got problems all over the place.

Plus basically our entire team know that they will never get dropped or if they do it will be to the reserve bench and I don't think that's healthy, especially when they have had 2 or 3 ineffectual games in a month. You can put up with one from four but anymore than that is unprofessional.

J_Hallow_old

On 2GB they said manu is swapping sides to play up against ben jefferey who is 40 kg's lighter than him.

they didnt say whether or not tate was swapping sides or not as well

Skinny_Ravs82

On 2GB they said manu is swapping sides to play up against ben jefferey who is 40 kg's lighter than him.

they didnt say whether or not tate was swapping sides or not as well
Oh, that's interesting will keep an eye on that tomorrow

Meh_old

Maybe its more to do with defusing bombs and kicks which Peterson scores off a lot.

Though i don't think Crockett is too much better than Manu in that department.