General Changes against Brisbane.

Spence_old

Last year we developed a game plan to put Manu in, I can't see why the same can't apply to Kemp.

Robster_old

My backline
if ropati and vatuvei are out

1: Mckinnon
2: Kemp
3: Mannering
4: Tate
5: Kirk
6: Moon
7: Jones

Spence_old

Mine would be...

1: Mckinnon
2: Kemp
3: Tate
4: Kirk
5: Ah Van
6: Moon
7: Fien

Locke a bolter?

Etern0L_Warrior_old

Theres no way i would drop Denan Kemp. He has not reached his 2008 form, but its only 2 games into the season. A lot of improvement in him, has all the skills and attributes to be a representative winger. Hasnt even been playing that bad. I wouldnt replace him with Aidan Kirk - hes rubbish. Stick with Denan Kemp, he will come good.

kirk= The only reason why he's not in 1st grade is because hes at the warriors. Alot better than ben farrar

☆ИITЯO ßOY✯_old

What you just said was so awesome and legendary, that I might it in in my sig

Spence_old

I think that it is pretty logical, as whenever Jones plays Kemp would play, and the amount of tries that Kemp scores would proportional to the number games he played.

staceyjones4life_old

As much as I'd love Stacey to start, he's not fit enough. I think we should go with yesterday's team until Lance comes back, gradually giving Stace more minutes each game. By the time Lance comes back Stacey should be fit enough to play the full 80. And then based on their form during those games we can drop Fien or Henderson, and Matulino to bench upon return, in for Ah Mau/Ta'ai/Royal to give us the best possible team. In regards to Kemp, I say keep him for now. Unless his form does become dire. We have goalkickers. Fien has kicked before, as has Jones of course. Apparently Evarn Tuimavave is a pretty handy goalkicker too.

So that's my evil premiership winning plan mwahahahahaha!!!!

Round 3

1. McKinnon
2. Kemp
3. Tate
4. Ropati (although if his form reaches mid last year's heights and he keeps making mistakes then in comes Kirk)
5. Vatuvei (Kirk if injured)
6. Moon
7. Fien
8. Packer
9. Henderson
10. Price (c)
11. Mannering
12. Lillyman
13. Luck

14. Jones
15. Rapira
16. Royal
17. Take your pick. Probably Ah Mau.

Spence_old

As much as I'd love Stacey to start, he's not fit enough. I think we should go with yesterday's team until Lance comes back, gradually giving Stace more minutes each game. By the time Lance comes back Stacey should be fit enough to play the full 80. And then based on their form during those games we can drop Fien or Henderson, and Matulino to bench upon return, in for Ah Mau/Ta'ai/Royal to give us the best possible team. In regards to Kemp, I say keep him for now. Unless his form does become dire. We have goalkickers. Fien has kicked before, as has Jones of course. Apparently Evarn Tuimavave is a pretty handy goalkicker too.

So that's my evil premiership winning plan mwahahahahaha!!!!

Yes, he has had a kick. He missed it.

Tuimavave has also had one kick, and got it. So he is 100% better than Fien :lol1:

staceyjones4life_old

Yes, he has had a kick. He missed it.

Tuimavave has also had one kick, and got it. So he is 100% better than Fien :lol1:

That is a good point :) . But if Ropati and Manu are injured this week I think Moon should go to centre, Witt to 5/8 and Kirk onto the wing. I don't really think we'd be losing that much then, apart from Manu's size, and Kirk is still very good in the air. Plus, we'd be gaining a good kicker in Witt, and his form at the end of last year (barring the Manly game) was sensational, him and Fien combined well. And Witt would also bring more kicking options in general play, with 4 reasonable kickers on the field at once (Henderson is alright out of dummy half and Moon can just come inside as a 5/8 if Fien/Witt is tackled on 4, or if he feels like it).

DanKokoro_old

I saw this post I was dissapointed, Kemp won us the game with a pressure goal-kick & I feel there are neurotic people on this forum who every time someone has a quiet game, they want them dropped. It's like a lynch mob, 2 games into the season where players are still finding their feet & this mob want them dropped. This after we've won 2 out of 2 & we're currently 2nd after beating the World Champions at their home ground in a very hot & muggy day. The team obviously is in good spirit & I have faith in Ivan & so far the team.

Couldn't agree more.. It's not kemps fault he's not given the ball in space. I don't think anyone was expecting him to score as often as he did for brisbane because let's face it, we're pretty rubbish at going from right to left. I'm sure Ivan has identified this problem and signing kemp is probably an indication that he wants to use the right wing more. And i agree with whoever said that jones might be the key for this actually happening.
Kemp has also totally impressed me with his defensive reads. he's saved atleast 2 tries already by coming off his line and making pressure tackles.. Better than kirk who gave away 3 times as many tries late last year by coming off his wing when Tate CLEARLY has his man covered. Seriously tho.. give him a chance?? It's not even round 3

ToiletDuck_old

Yeah, just give him a chance! Like I said earlier...Rovelli got like 1000 games!