General Change

wenord

Waterboy
Sep 10, 2016
After the latest debacle in Christchurch lots of questions need answering. Why do our Maori and Polynesian players not preform as well as the same who are raised in Australia or coached in Australia they all seem to be far to complacent in the nz environment we need to import more australian raised players who have come through their competive environments if we ever want to win a comp home grown talent is not working why do our rejects flourish in an australian environment remember Kevin campion Michael luck Cleary and the rest who have shone. Stephen Kearney is he the answer he has repeatedly rewarded mediocre performances with selection again and again no accountability the lack of choice is not an excuse give someone with hunger an opportunity and see what happens. The old line follow processes is old hat give them a rocket or drop them after 25 years of looking forward to every game I have finally had enough heartbreak and will not bother to watch another game until changes are made spend the salary cap get rid of the under performers and give someone else a crack players and coaches

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
After the latest debacle in Christchurch lots of questions need answering. Why do our Maori and Polynesian players not preform as well as the same who are raised in Australia or coached in Australia they all seem to be far to complacent in the nz environment we need to import more australian raised players who have come through their competive environments if we ever want to win a comp home grown talent is not working why do our rejects flourish in an australian environment remember Kevin campion Michael luck Cleary and the rest who have shone. Stephen Kearney is he the answer he has repeatedly rewarded mediocre performances with selection again and again no accountability the lack of choice is not an excuse give someone with hunger an opportunity and see what happens. The old line follow processes is old hat give them a rocket or drop them after 25 years of looking forward to every game I have finally had enough heartbreak and will not bother to watch another game until changes are made spend the salary cap get rid of the under performers and give someone else a crack players and coaches
It is so tempting to bring the elephant into the room, and I am sure many believe it is still a factor.

I checked some stats:

Missed tackles 4th :eek:behind Cowboys, Panthers Broncos:oops:
Ineffective tackles 3rd :eek:behind Roosters and Sea Eagles:oops:
Set completion 4th behind Tigers, Storm and Dragons:oops:
Tackles 2nd behind the Broncos:oops:

I suggest that indicates something else is the problem here. Manly were shite last year, however they changed coaches and look at them now. So were the Tigers, and look at them now.

I watched the guys yesterday. I didn't wait to watch them smile and laugh afterward, that would have been too much to bear, but that is their way. They were trying, far too hard. They were not confident, they were just as fit as Manly. They were just as tough as Manly, but their attempts were not focused on a game plan. That was obvious from the stands.

So either they didn't follow the game plan, or they had no confidence in the game plan. That was obvious from Keighran in his first kick, lack of confidence.

One thing for sure was that if they had a game plan it wasn't working.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Why do our Maori and Polynesian players not preform as well as the same who are raised in Australia or coached in Australia
That goes for caucasian players as well.

The answers pretty simple. More players over there, means more competition, more resources, more clubs, more juniors, more development teams, more qualified coaches and trainers. More of everything...

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
It is so tempting to bring the elephant into the room, and I am sure many believe it is still a factor.

I checked some stats:

Missed tackles 4th :eek:behind Cowboys, Panthers Broncos:oops:
Ineffective tackles 3rd :eek:behind Roosters and Sea Eagles:oops:
Set completion 4th behind Tigers, Storm and Dragons:oops:
Tackles 2nd behind the Broncos:oops:

I suggest that indicates something else is the problem here. Manly were shite last year, however they changed coaches and look at them now. So were the Tigers, and look at them now.

I watched the guys yesterday. I didn't wait to watch them smile and laugh afterward, that would have been too much to bear, but that is their way. They were trying, far too hard. They were not confident, they were just as fit as Manly. They were just as tough as Manly, but their attempts were not focused on a game plan. That was obvious from the stands.

So either they didn't follow the game plan, or they had no confidence in the game plan. That was obvious from Keighran in his first kick, lack of confidence.

One thing for sure was that if they had a game plan it wasn't working.
Players or coach then?

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings