General change the salary cap

bigstuboy_old

change the salary cap so players can earn as much as they deserve from sponsors who a willing to pay them the big bucks why should the NRL be able to decide how much a player can earn at there job some players don't get to play for that long so they need to earn as much as possible so something happened they can take care of there family and more players might stay in the nrl longer instead of going to superleague instead.

Tajhay_old

from the threads you create, it seems you want to 'change the world' ;)

btw NO :p

and even comp is good for the game of league. if there was no salary cap, a lot of teams would die out. remember that all teams receive grants from the nrl to stay afloat. some also have leagues club generating income in order for them to pay their players.

warriorfaithful*_old

Tajhay said:

and even comp is good for the game of league. if there was no salary cap, a lot of teams would die out. remember that all teams receive grants from the nrl to stay afloat. some also have leagues club generating income in order for them to pay their players.

Yeah. You've got to have a salary cap in the game. Just to keep an even comp, as tahjay said.

bigstuboy_old

Tajhay said:

im not saying take away the salary cap change it so players can get outside sponsors do give them what they are worth instead of having someone tell you can only earn this much cause it will put the team over the salary cap.

AmeriKiwi_old

I think bigstu is talking about raising the salary cap and I agree with him. Players have a pretty short career compared to most others and we`d also lose far fewer players to the ESL, where they earn way more money.

Tajhay_old

one team cities like nz, broncos etc will prosper from that deal. sometimes you have to think of whats better for this comp rather than your own.

id much prefer to see us struggle to make the playoffs..and then finally win the damn thing through going adversity than winning every damn year or being thereabouts everyyear.

this club has gone through a lot, which is why its gonna be even sweeter to finally see our team hold that trophy high in the air and proudly say we did it.

AmeriKiwi_old

I think bigstu is talking about raising the salary cap and I agree with him. Players have a pretty short career compared to most others and we`d also lose far fewer players to the ESL, where they earn way more money.

Jesbass_old

AmeriKiwi said:

I took bigstuboy's post to be about changing the way it is set up - not necessarily affecting the main salary cap. In essence, the clubs would not require any extra money for the players, but the players could receive extra finances from individual sponsorship, much like how Sonny-Bill Williams missed out on a deal recently because it would have exceeded his individual sponsorship limit.

And, incidentally, the salary cap already is being increased, although, I would assume, at a much slower rate than AK would prefer.

AmeriKiwi_old

Jesbass said:
AmeriKiwi said:

I took bigstuboy's post to be about changing the way it is set up - not necessarily affecting the main salary cap. In essence, the clubs would not require any extra money for the players, but the players could receive extra finances from individual sponsorship, much like how Sonny-Bill Williams missed out on a deal recently because it would have exceeded his individual sponsorship limit.

And, incidentally, the salary cap already is being increased, although, I would assume, at a much slower rate than AK would prefer.

:lol: You`re right about that, Mr. James... dare to think LARGE!! :D