TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Joshua James (#7 for the Magpies today) & Ronald Volkman from the North Sydney Bears are 2 of the better ones. Former Warriors SG Ball player Sione Moala won that comp this year playing Halfback for the Raiders
Volkman is a good shout. Has star potential. Stuck behind Keary and Walker long term. Wonder what his contract status is for next year with Roosters. I’d throw him a top 30 contract to be our 4th string half and hopefully develop him.

Don’t think Moala would be an option after we outed him. I like Josh James’ kicking game, but does he offer enough in other areas? Could be what we need

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Nothing about Chanel Harris-Tavita says he would be a good centre, how was this argument even conjured up?

He had no pre-season, he then barely played all year. When he did play he was paired with Sean O'Sullivan or a disinterested Kodi.

He has a solid defensive game, and his ability to square up the defensive line is great. He is a solid goal kicker also. His lack of a quality boot on him is my biggest issue, and am unsure how you teach someone more punt either you have it or you don't.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Chanel's a hard one, there's something about the kid i like but cant quite put my finger on it. He's not really an on the ball 7, his game management and kicking game isnt strong enough for that.....but then he's not a running half either.....no explosive like speed and not much ability to put others into space.

So where does that leave him with us paired with Shaun Johnson next season? Well one thing i could see working quite well is he'd be the perfect first receiver when we're running shape and feeding Shaun Johnson out the back......Chanel is very good at squaring up and taking the ball deep at the defence.....this is vital to allow Shaun Johnson to pick and chose his targets on block plays.....i can see whoever's winger on their favoured side potentially scoring a lot of meat pies ala Fusitua like or Katoa at the Sharks last year.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Regarding Chanel, he can be taught to kick better, probably when and what type of kick is just as important

He cannot ru, has been under all sorts of leg strains and once again can train to be faster, especially off the mark

I am sure I have seen him pass long, as long as he can do it both sides all good.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings