General Challenge Cup 2017

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
How did Manu go?
Looked a bit ring rusty but OK. Most of his runs were from his own line as Salford never created space for him on attack. They kept turning inside. I'd give Manu 6/10

Wigan won it because they got their noses in front and kept possession better when some heavy rain blew in during the last 30 mins, Salford kept coughing the ball up in the wet. Shame because from about 20 mins into the game when they were 0-12 down, Salford played really well and were in front 14-12 at half time. Final score doesn't reflect the game, much tighter.

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
So this years final is Saturday August 26, Hull v Wigan. A repeat of the 1985 final when there were, at my count anyhow, 5 Kiwis in the starting 13's. Also 2 Wigan players who were subsequently used by international Rugby Union teams to teach them how to tackle

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 30, 2012
upload_2017-8-21_12-10-6.png

upload_2017-8-21_12-10-33.png

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
Challenge Cup Final at Wembley has always been viewed as British Rugby league in its Sunday best. In recognition of some of the great players and great matches played there, a bronze statue was erected outside the redeveloped Wembley in 2015 depicting 5 players who had each made their mark in the final, Billy Boston, Eric Ashton, Martin Offiah, Gus Risman and Alex Murphy. Commentator Ray French did a quick piece on four of the players, the first of these is here:

the others are:

It should have been called Frenchies famous 4 because I don't think he did a video of Offiah, here's his best Wembley try though:

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings