Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_Tevaga
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/jazz-tevaga/summary.html

tajhay

💙❤️💚
This thread is for the general discussion of the Item Jazz Tevaga. Please add to the discussion here.

Walker has grown his hair out..

I wonder if Jazz will too?

Trying his damnest maybe..

IMG_1121.jpg

I am sure he will get rid of it come the season, Jazz is still doing fundraising for his mate, and it's not like there is much left to keep for either of them lol

Even if he wanted to, I am sure the Warriors media manager would shave it off in his sleep- the bald bros brand must not, can not be stopped

Ummmm Jazz. I have a high opinion of his energy and enthusiasm. Mild opinion of his value as a hooker. Low opinion of his propensity for mistakes and low percentage plays.

I'm happy to eat my words if he has an awesome season.

I don't see a place for him anymore.
Just my 2 cents

Walker is better at every position, CHT is better at hooker and can play FB and 6.
Ale and Sika are better 13s
Lussick is a better reserve 9
No matter how hard we want to make it happen, Jazz is not a prop.

So where does he slot in? Genuine question.

I'm not prepared to write him off. Last year I was struggling to see where he'd fit in especially as we had to wait a bit due to injury.

Last year I was thinking it looks like we are going with a ball player at 13 and he can't fit that role. In 2022 as a prop it was more a stop-gap solution and couldn't see him fitting in there with who we had. Off the bench he wasn't playing much dummy half anymore and Walker could do that.

Walker played some dummy half as a substitute at the start of the season but was too valuable in the middle as the ball player. They made it work with Tevaga and Walker off the bench lifting the energy of the size and giving us leg speed through the middle. The end of the season was disrupted by injury or rushing him back for the finals.

We have a squad with a lot of competition. He may miss out at some point like anyone if he gets a chance he needs to perform.

I'm not prepared to write him off. Last year I was struggling to see where he'd fit in especially as we had to wait a bit due to injury.

Last year I was thinking it looks like we are going with a ball player at 13 and he can't fit that role. In 2022 as a prop it was more a stop-gap solution and couldn't see him fitting in there with who we had. Off the bench he wasn't playing much dummy half anymore and Walker could do that.

Walker played some dummy half as a substitute at the start of the season but was too valuable in the middle as the ball player. They made it work with Tevaga and Walker off the bench lifting the energy of the size and giving us leg speed through the middle. The end of the season was disrupted by injury or rushing him back for the finals.

We have a squad with a lot of competition. He may miss out at some point like anyone if he gets a chance he needs to perform.
Great summation snake. After he got injured Walker was not as good and we did lose a few games. When he came back (too early) he was not the same player. Good rest and a pre-season and I hope he will be back to his dynamic best.

Great summation snake. After he got injured Walker was not as good and we did lose a few games. When he came back (too early) he was not the same player. Good rest and a pre-season and I hope he will be back to his dynamic best.
Not only is he playing for another contract but the club is in a unique position in his time at the Warriors where there’s a genuine shot at doing something special. He was one of the guys to return early from his break and really think he will add all he’s asked to and more. Really needs to bring the aggression being prop and lock his sole roles but bring it measured.

Trying his damnest maybe..

View attachment 4704

I am sure he will get rid of it come the season, Jazz is still doing fundraising for his mate, and it's not like there is much left to keep for either of them lol

Even if he wanted to, I am sure the Warriors media manager would shave it off in his sleep- the bald bros brand must not, can not be stopped
Up the Balds!!!!

Jazz has linespeed, grit, energy to burn, an offload, leadership qualities. Need to minimise errors but he will be in the 17 i reckon, coz he wants it. Plays above his weight.
I am a one eyed fan Of jazz, so some of my jazz predictions are based on my man crush of course.

Last edited:
Jazz has linespeed, grit, energy to burn, an offload, leadership qualities. Need to minimum errors but he will be in the 17 i reckon, coz he wants it. Plays above his weight.
I am a one eyed fan Of jazz, so some of my jazz predictions are based on my man crush of course.
I used to hate the way he played, then he found balance and is a very good forward when fully fit, like you say he is mobile, which is why I could not understand people throwing him out with the bath water after he got injured and was a step or three below his best.

There is a dynamic that he and Walker had, which was as good as any bench impact in the NRL which Webster needs to reignite.

If Jazz was out there underdone that is the coach not the player, we will see this year eh after he has a proper preseason.

Jazz has linespeed, grit, energy to burn, an offload, leadership qualities. Need to minimum errors but he will be in the 17 i reckon, coz he wants it. Plays above his weight.
What wasn’t as effective last season might be very different next season hearing Webster wants everything done quicker and that offload you mention could be valuable. Was effective in the opening rounds of last season until injury, could he be a smokey for starting prop with AFB? Was one of the guys to return early and expecting a big one from him.

Nah he's a real champion of this club! A true Warrior!

Selfishly considered not posting it here to give myself a marginally better chance, but it is too good of a cause 😅

Jazz is currently doing a raffle to fundraise for Roman, $50 a ticket and the prizes up for grabs are:

2x Signed '24 Jerseys
2x '24 Memberships
1x W Zelezniak Watch
1x $500 Maia Ink Voucher
1x $300 Asics Voucher
1x Signed pair of RTS playing boots
1x Signed Engraved Gloves from KKF, Hooker and Adesanya

*You'll have to message Jazz on Instagram for details though

edit: The cause being to send his mate Roman (also a ex-Warriors junior) to the US for cancer treatment, jic anyone wasn't aware