General Celebrating Warriors Comebacks.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
It seems like we have been on the wrong end of some close finishes. That win against the Raiders is a timely reminder the Warriors have provided some great moments over the years snatching victory at the death.

Lets celebrate some of the clubs last ditch wins.

If we get enough we can open up a poll to find the greatest comeback. Dale Budge labelled last nights win against the Raiders as the Warriors greatest comeback. Do you agree?

Also your memories of these games.

Last edited:

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Warriors vs Storm 2008 Qualifying Final.

Down 15-14 in a semi final the Warriors go from the 20 to score in the last few minutes. Vatuvei to Witt who eventually put the ball down.

Also like Peter Sterling saying the Warriors are out on their feet. Not quite Sterlo.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Warriors vs Storm 2006
Melbourne seemingly undefeatable at Olympic Park. Warriors go the length of the field in the last 5 minutes for Brent Webb to score.

The best video I can find without being the whole game.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
One good one I have fond memories of is against the Knights in Newcastle. Pretty sure it was 2005.

The side is behind but you could feel the side had momentum. Felt like they would score just a matter of if they had enough time.

I was watching with my girl friend (now wife) at a sports bar in Takapuna. She's getting nervous and wandering why I'm quite calm. The side moves the ball around like crazy and score right at the end.

Remember everyone going nuts. Coach jumping up and down in the coaches box.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Yesterday was special, very special, and it got us a record winning streak. That semi final in Melbourne was special as well, and the RTS try at Gosford. So maybe Dale Budge is right because of the winning streak but the others were pretty good as well.

Reactions: leaguejunkie

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
I can't remember the year, but that game we played down in ChCh against the Rorters where Knobby flew onto a Hohaia grubber, toed it ahead, smoked the cover D, scored the match winner & smashed into the upright at the same time was a pretty awesome comeback

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Theres no video of it, but I saw it in a rewind match on Fox one day.

2007 Rabbitohs vs Warriors at ANZ

Seemingly down and out with nothing go their way in the 2nd half. 16-8 with 2 mins to go and McKinnon bursts through onto a Pricey bust and offload from the 30/40 and scores, Witt converted. We got a scrum on about halfway with about 40secs left. They work a few plays to around the 20 and off a quick play the ball Witt shows then puts a pearler grubber through for skinny Byrne to scream onto and score in the corner for the last play of the game.

Not a big defecit, but 2 trys in 2mins was great watch. Last play Warriors clutch efforts always give you goosebumps no matter how old they are.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Theres no video of it, but I saw it in a rewind match on Fox one day.

2007 Rabbitohs vs Warriors at ANZ

Seemingly down and out with nothing go their way in the 2nd half. 16-8 with 2 mins to go and McKinnon bursts through onto a Pricey bust and offload from the 30/40 and scores, Witt converted. We got a scrum on about halfway with about 40secs left. They work a few plays to around the 20 and off a quick play the ball Witt shows then puts a pearler grubber through for skinny Byrne to scream onto and score in the corner for the last play of the game.

Not a big defecit, but 2 trys in 2mins was great watch. Last play Warriors clutch efforts always give you goosebumps no matter how old they are.

Watched that game over the Xmas break, the bunnies were in shock and didn’t know what hit them. Funniest bit is Russell Crowe’s expression after previous looking smug when it looked like they were going to win lol

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings