Pick Your Team 2023 Warriors vs Knights - Week 2 Finals (Pick Your Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who has Siro over Ale, please explain what Siro has over Ale that Walker and Curran don't already cover.
Siro is an Aussie so is Webster. Its a subconcious bias towards Aussies with experience.

Has anything come out yet re Tohu being placed on report? It didn't look like much.
Tohu reckons he’ll be right. Promising on the SJ front as well!
———
While Johnson is expected to return, captain Tohu Harris may have some anxious moments this week, after he was placed on report for a crusher tackle on Panthers centre Luke Garner.

"I think that's the first time I've been put on report in my career, so I think my record's pretty good," Harris said. "I don't know how they'll judge it, but I should be good to go next week."

Tohu reckons he’ll be right. Promising on the SJ front as well!
———
While Johnson is expected to return, captain Tohu Harris may have some anxious moments this week, after he was placed on report for a crusher tackle on Panthers centre Luke Garner.

"I think that's the first time I've been put on report in my career, so I think my record's pretty good," Harris said. "I don't know how they'll judge it, but I should be good to go next week."

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him suspended. Can recall the tests of yesteryear when we had players facing the judiciary.

Same team with some minor changes.

SJ or Ronnie replace Walker. Not having a kicking game really hurt us and the walker at half hasn't worked the last 5 times and we need him in the middle.

Bunty to replace Barnett is the starting line up. Bunty is solid in defence and can wear down the opposition for the first 20min. It has worked so well in the past so I'm not sure why they ain't doing it anymore.

Bench of
Walker
Siro
Barnett
Curran

I would have Siro over jazz because to me jazz looked well under done vs the Panthers due to his recent injury and Siro can cover dummy half if needed.

The rest of the team stay. Believe me there is a couple of players I would like to drop but now's not the time to be dropping players that time was early on in the season not in the finals. What we need noe is consistency.

The team we have now has shown during the season we are capable of winning big games so let's go the mighty Warriors!!!

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him suspended. Can recall the tests of yesteryear when we had players facing the judiciary.
Agreed, most have probably not seen how the Judiciary behaves towards New Zealand players when they feel like it.

Would not surprise me at all for them to say 'no exceptions to the head and neck rule' and technically they are correct, technically the onus is on the player to avoid 'accidental' crushers.

Setting that aside, and based off what I saw yesterday, I think we will win next week even without Johnson.

Therefore if Johnson is not fully ready I personally think we should roll without him. If a calf injury is not fully healed, by playing Johnson, all you are guaranteeing is that he will take no further part if you win because I have never seen a lower leg injury guy go okay in an NRL game.

Anyway, I feel really good about this home game, the crowd will see us get parity from the whistle blower, and I saw enough yesterday to see how it would be possible with SJ for us to beat the Panthers in a return match. For phases of that game we out played them, for phases our defence was incredible, it shut down the Panthers best moves over and over and over, the problem was, without a territorial kicking game, we were camped in our own half.

No one can keep Penrith out that way. We can't score long range try's our game needs to be in their half for our share to unleash air Dallin and we need our halfback to set up that play.

I see our left edge players are copping a lot in here.

They were targeted and fatigue got them in the end. It happens, exhausted players against the best side in the comp will get carved up.

I see our left edge players are copping a lot in here.

They were targeted and fatigue got them in the end. It happens, exhausted players against the best side in the comp will get carved up.
What's their excuse for also getting carved up against the Dolphins?

Monty and Pompey have missed 19 tackles between them over the last 2 weeks. That simply isn't good enough.

They kept saying they didn’t stuck to the system and finals is about doing what’s worked, yet your team is the definition of what’s worked this year (except Metcalf out for uncontrollable reasons)
Yes, and we have been running teams off their feet by interchanging players with good leg speed. Hard to get over the top of teams if we are leaving Curran on the bench until late in the game and Lussick only get a handful of minutes. Panthers were clinical and we made too many errors, but they managed their interchanges well and didn't get put under fatigue or pressure often enough because of it.

Get Walker back on the bench and playing in the middle. Sironen OR Lussick not both. I go with Sironen because he can cover hooker but is utilised as a second rower - Lussick I like, but he is an out and out Hooker only. Curran or Ford, I don't mind who starts or who is on the bench but Curran needs more minutes. Barnett off the bench lifts us and Bunty can absorb 20 minutes of early game intensity.

It's worked well for us the majority of the season yet we seem to have gone away from it and our process for the last few games. Hearing Webster and Tohu talking about players going away from what we want to do raises so many questions. Are they not mentally tough enough to handle being where we are? Do they not believe in themselves and their team mates despite our great results? Have they just been hidden by the good results and not targeted by weaker teams? Whatever it is, AW has a week to get them back on track.

Last edited:
What's their excuse for also getting carved up against the Dolphins?

Monty and Pompey have missed 19 tackles between them over the last 2 weeks. That simply isn't good enough.
Fair enough. Should be better for sure.

Can only hope when SJ comes back our integrity as a wall strengthens because having guys winning the tackle on the other side dictates what comes at you on your side of the park.

Our centers and one of our wingers are shithouse but it is too late to change them. We should have changed them for the panthers game as that was lost the minute SJ got hurt anyway. Now we have to stick with it. You'd think Berry/Pompey will be out of the starting lineup next year, monty probably too. Sucks we're having to play those anchors. RTS/Ali and even Kosi at this point and shit we'd be looking fierce. Crazy that in one game Ali showed more than either of our centers have.

We need to look at that raiders game for a blue print. It had a finals intensity too it and we played it perfectly.

Please SJ be back. Same lineup but with Walker on the bench and one of Bunty/Ale in for Siro. We can't be running Jazz and Siro, one of em has to go.

If we are playing the knights, people rightly asking if we can contain there speed, but the other thing is can they contain our forwards. We were missing Harris and Barnett when they beat us early in the season.

Our physicality against the Panthers would have forced a lot of errors against a lesser team

If we are playing the knights, people rightly asking if we can contain there speed, but the other thing is can they contain our forwards. We were missing Harris and Barnett when they beat us early in the season.

Our physicality against the Panthers would have forced a lot of errors against a lesser team
My biggest memory from that game was Vailea jumping on Young’s back and being taken over the try line. We’ll be much better for the team we’re fielding at the moment.

On our sections at the back end of the season I think they are party based on the future.

Ford should be out based in the errors and penalties he gives away but in 2-3 years he will be a leader within the club. I don’t like him being named but short term pain long term gain. Lussick the same.

Bunty I don’t believe has a big future at the club. He does a role but the selections indicate he’s only a gap filler.

Ale for me doesn’t look like he’s progressed enough since a year ago. Others will surpass him next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back