• Storm 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mt.wellington

Contributor
Storm vs Warriors - [Round 2, 2024] GAME DAY

Storm7.jpg

Welcome to your NZWF game day thread for todays clash. Please note that this thread will be locked following the final whistle with or without warning. Discussion will then be shifted to the POST MATCH thread.
UP THE WAHS!!!

Last edited:
This has a feeling similar to last year where we had the game before Jazz got injured. Sometimes you have a string of losses but you are getting closer to a win. Other times, you are winning, but getting closer to a loss.

I reckon the Wahs are getting closer to Melbourne, and I have a feeling tonight could be the night we go there and shake the competition up again by knocking these bastards off.

We got stuck in 3rd gear last week - a lot of good things, but we should have put away the sharks and won by 20. On another night, that’s probably what would have happened. Similiarly, Storm played a grand final last week against the panthers. The net result is that we should lift our performance, whilst I expect theirs not to reach the same highs - they’ll expect to beat us so emotionally won’t be in the same zone.

This is why I have a feeling that we could go there and get the job done. No Nelson, no Munster. We eliminate errors and penalties, we certainly give them a shake.

This is a danger game for the Storm and if we get up early and squeeze with our defence, I reckon a boiler.

Wahs to break their 14 game hoodoo and bring home the Michael Moore trophy by 6.

I went Warriors 12 and under. Because i can't pick the Storm. But i don't think I'd put money on it.
If we beat the Storm I can't see it being by much.
Melbourne showed how good they can be last week. We showed how ordinary we can be. It will take a huge change in attitude from us to get the win. And that is the difference I think. We had the players and the individual skills to win last week but we didn't have a team that could make the most of what they had.
We'll put it together over the next few weeks but I don't know that it will happen tonight.
Please prove me wrong tonight boys

Probably the same line that I've said before every game we've played for the last 5 years but if we play to our strengths and minimise the errors and penalties, we'll win.

If the Warriors in that first 20 minutes last week shows up, we'll win handsomely. If the Warriors from that last 50 odd minutes turns up, we'll be beaten by 18.

My prediction: A spine with Lussick, Tuaupiki and Metcalf is going to struggle against a well oiled Storm team. Well get close and be in it for most of the match, with Storm closing it out for a 8 point win.

Unless SJ goes beast mode and sets up a bunch of tries....

I know it is a venue we haven't had any success at for a while. We had a quite a few games last year where we were all over against some of these teams we struggle against like the Storm and Penrith. Then injuries or a few sin bins made it hard.

Last year I thought we looked better in the games in Australia. I know for a side that traditionally struggles on the road that is a weird statement. But it seemed like with the conditions over there our ball playing worked a lot better.

I expect a big improvement tonight. Also over a longer period.

The big thing will be getting our defence right so we can repel them when they get six again within our 20. Also like last year our ability to scramble after the opposition make a break.

Looking forward to the game.
Probably feel sick when after a strong start by us, the Ref constructs a typical Melbourne win.
The Storm and Panthers get the most obvious special treatment in this comp.
Ruck infringements and offside ruled one way and not both etc.

Still, it is a Warriors Storm clash, the best there is, bring it on. Prepare to need to win with 12 players.

With no Egan its gunna be too tough, but then they havnt got NAS to do his random beast mode game against us.
Sitting on the fence here and going an 8 point win to either team.

Yeah hard out, the more I think about it the more I think we have a better chance - we were looking great last year until NAS went beast mode.
Take that out of their team, no Munster and a slightly green Papz at the back and it makes it slightly more interesting for us.

But then, Marata, CNK and Egan out are pretty huge....probably 3 of about 6 players I would say are key for us (SJ, Tohu and AFB the others).

We need to give Roger the ball on set plays not one off the ruck.

Capewell needs to run better lines like how Curran used to run.

Ale needs game time (and not just for my fantasy team 😭)

SJ needs to be way more directive and steer the ship with no Egan and Metcalf should be saying, this is my time to shine for 80 minutes and not 20.

Warriors 13+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back