Rumour Cappy's 2015 KPI's + Stacey Jones Waiting in the Wings

Care to define 'usually'? Has your source given the heads up on other movements???

Not so much in terms of player movements he's more involved higher up being very close to the Warriors board and NZRL, I have no reason to doubt what was said.

I don't believe for a second that Cappy was specifically told that Stacey would take his job... But I do believe that if he doesn't perform the club would certainly look at putting Stacey up even as temporary measure.

Nah I don't trust McFadden he seems all talk.. 'we trained well during the week boys have prepared well' bla bla, that cliche quotes type coach...

I trust the little general, the Ultimate Warrior Stacey Jones..

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Not so much in terms of player movements he's more involved higher up being very close to the Warriors board and NZRL, I have no reason to doubt what was said.

I don't believe for a second that Cappy was specifically told that Stacey would take his job... But I do believe that if he doesn't perform the club would certainly look at putting Stacey up even as temporary measure.
Cheers. Appreciate it.

It wouldnt surprise me if this is a directive from Jim Doyle himself. We expected accountability and it appears to be exactly what he's done. I love what Cappy has done to date and the things Im hearing from the boys but Im even more sick of the on field results we've all had to endure since the ill fated Cleary/Bluey experiment.

I would be flummoxed if Stacey Jones catapults straight into the hot seat though...

Sounds like BS. Who told Cappy this? Jim Doyle who hasn't even started yet? Wouldn't be a great way to set off their CEO/Head Coach relationship. Even if they don't make the 8 next year, which they should, they need to appoint a coach and stick with him for a few years. You are never going to win the NRL or recruit any decent players by sacking your coach every other year.

Need to finish top 8 this year no doubt about it but if we fail then it depends on the reasons why as to whether he goes. Plus, if he does then who is available? All this swapping and changing of coach can't be a good thing so I would hang fire unless he is doing an absolute dreadful job which I don't see happening or someone you just can't turn down becomes available like Maguire.

Reactions: Est95 and snake77

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Tough one, I think Cappys done a great job so far but im over us not achieving and if someone else can do it then so be it.
Not sure Stacy's the man (yet) to do it though so will have to make sure we have someone capable coming in otherwise we continue on the "bluey cycle"

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Boys, special request, shut this thread down now, it's embarrassing.

Can we as a fan base refuse to introduce rumours and innuendo about our coaching staff into our own nest, we've paid too big a price since Uncle Ivan left to start destabilising our own Coaching staff.

I for one am completely satisfied with Cappy, more so than I was at the same stage with Ivan.

Can't believe that post started this thread, enough already, unless we want to become our own self fulfilling prophecy.

(Edit - sorry for the rant but I fucking hate this thread...)

We signed him until 2017 so we looked like we were going to get some stability. Was that just to appease the media after the Elliott sacking, owner infighting and media highlighting our coach turnover?

This seems stupid even for some of the bone headed things this club has done in the past.

I hate sacking coaches if we fail to make the 8 it should be assessed why not just sack the coach and rebuilt again. Was it a bad year with injuries, a form slump at a particular time, players not fit enough, tactics, wrong type of players in the squad, some bad calls causing too many close losses. There are a number of reasons why a side can miss the 8 not all need to sack the coach.

Even if the driver for it is a major recruit coming, money spent giving him everything he needs like releasing players who he doesn't want, coaching staff he should still have the year to work with the team and fix any mistakes or recruit to fill any weaknesses. If some of the things he wanted have cost the club a lot of money I still find this ultimatum strange most coaches that comes in would do the same thing.

Jones should have a few more years as the NSW Cup coach first learning to run his own team. One Under 20's premiership does not make a super coach the only way that would work is if you are walking into a star studded roster like the Roosters, Rabbitohs, Storm or Bulldogs.

We had the hype of wanted to be the biggest club in the southern hemisphere since then we have gone from one mess to another and churned through coaches. Time for stability and if the players are happy with the current coach time to give him a decent run and this is coming from someone who thought McFadden would struggle and we should recruit to give him a longer apprenticeship.

If we fail to make the 8 again time to release players and recruit not sack the coach.

Reactions: Nahz
It will take monumental stupidity to sack him under those KPI's this far out.
I expect them to get in the 8 but really, for me, the more important appointment is Doyle. It appears the Warriors management have been cluster fucking everything but merchandising.

McFadden has to be given the length of his contract, if us (fans), players, Management, media etc don't like what he does, tough shit. He has the gig and deserves to succeed or fail for the full term unless something other than playing results comes to the fore.

Probably the most iconic Coach since Vince Lombardi, Alex Fergusson took years to get Manchester United successful when he took over. If he had the same spotlight put on him as the Warriors on Cappy and the ridiculous KPI's he wouldn't have lasted 3 seasons.

Manchester United believed in him and gave him the confidence to PLAN, and DEVELOP, plan FUTURE SUCCESSION of the playing group. No one at Man U called him by his first name , no one was protected or excused from team and club standards.

You guys want to build a Dynasty at the Warriors, cool. The main thing that Dynasties have is continuity. This sacking of Coaches hasn't got to EPL levels yet, but it is getting there. Since Cleary what has been acheived by the constant changing of Coaches other than uneasiness over the whole outfit.

From what I can see the Warriors are on the right track. They need continuity and planning to develop into a real force. That is not achieved by constant unheaval.

I'm probably jumping to far ahead. But I hope jones doesn't ruin his awesome rugby league reputation witha failed stint as head coach of the warriors.
Sounds like BS. Who told Cappy this? Jim Doyle who hasn't even started yet? Wouldn't be a great way to set off their CEO/Head Coach relationship. Even if they don't make the 8 next year, which they should, they need to appoint a coach and stick with him for a few years. You are never going to win the NRL or recruit any decent players by sacking your coach every other year.
Mathew Elliott told him of course...