General Can we win it this year or next?

Yes or no

• Total voters

playdaball

Heritage Member
Really ???

Id rate the Titans closer to the spoon than closer to a title. Cant think of any titans player i would take over a warriors player.

Off the top of my head:

Ash Taylor
Tyrone Peachy
Ryan James
Shannon Boyd
Kevin Proctor
Jarrod Wallace
Jai Arrow

The above guys would get a start in the Warriors 17.
I. Also like Anthony Don but rate our wingers better than him.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Really ???

Id rate the Titans closer to the spoon than closer to a title. Cant think of any titans player i would take over a warriors player. I think the Warriors will improve on 2018 and think we could do it in the next 3 years if we plug a few gaps.
You've got the blinkers on. James, Brimson, Taylor, Peachey, Boyd and Arrow would waltz into our team. Proctor would be a good chance as well and Fotuaika has a heap of potential.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Yeah just look at all guys we've got. We have some of best players NZ has ever produced in our side, Adam Blair, Agnatius Passi, Lesson Ah Mau, Issac Luke, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Tohu Harris, David Fusitua etc. Two well experienced Australians as our halves pairings, Adam Keighran and Blake Green, plus Stephen Kearney as our head coach. Dude if you don't think we can win it this year, you'll be wrong ... ;)

Love the optimism but those players you named are hardly the best NZ has ‘ever’ produced, only Roger Tuivasa-Sheck(Probably) Harris, Luke (possibly) and maybe Fusitua will even be in the conversation in years to come.
Green(solid but realistically a journeyman) and AK(untested first grader) aren’t exactly a top line halves pairing. I really wish I had your confidence

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Arent you guys sick of hearing that word “build”?

Yes, because we have heard multiple coaches talk about rebuilding, but we haven't had a leadership team with the balls to strip it right back to the pure assets and build back upon them. Because of that we seem to constantly be needing to talk "re-build."

I'm hoping that this is the first true rebuild in almost 20 years.

It is better than putting it all on a low-odds spin on the roulette wheel type approach that the club does halfway through each rebuild in desperation to win or not come last. If we keep being impatient and keep making low-odds bets then we will continue to be losers

Question...

Would we rather build a system like Melbourne that through culture, tactics, recruitment, fitness, long term planning, etc is top 8 every year. Put the teams growth before the individual. Knowing that with that system, you will keep building and win a title because your there or thereabouts every year.

Or put everything into the here and now, keep our superstar halfback at the cost of other areas of the squad. Go all in because we have a few great players currently in the team. Maybe if we’re lucky the stars align and we pick up a title but we fade away after as our focus is short term?

Honest question... what does everyone prefer?
Since the Warriors are the flagship in this country, you have to have a constantly competitve club, it is the only way the sport will ever thrive here.

One GF win followed by the usual struggle street will likely almost kill the sport off.

They have to be Melbourne like if they want to survive unions popularity, lap top tans, dick pics and fortnight.

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
Since the Warriors are the flagship in this country, you have to have a constantly competitve club, it is the only way the sport will ever thrive here.

One GF win followed by the usual struggle street will likely almost kill the sport off.

They have to be Melbourne like if they want to survive unions popularity, lap top tans, dick pics and fortnight.

You need to win the nrl first then build from there brother..... not the other way round.

That’s actually what Melbourne did. They won it in their second year then built their dynasty from there... salary cap breaches and all...

Top 8, top 4 thats still a fail in the majority of rugby fans eyes who are use to seeing their rugby teams winning it all every year... that’s what we are up against here...

wrighty

This year not a hope. Have lost our star half and haven’t replaced him, however promising our young halves are I don’t think they are near a Jones Shaun Johnson type where they can make a big contribution straight away. Top 8 would be awesome this year.

2020 possibly we could go very depending on player development this year and recruitment.

This answer for me however just to be colourful instead of saying we don't have a hope without our star half. I would have said "We don't have a shit show of making the top eight".

Really ???

Id rate the Titans closer to the spoon than closer to a title. Cant think of any titans player i would take over a warriors player. I think the Warriors will improve on 2018 and think we could do it in the next 3 years if we plug a few gaps.

Who would've thought that the Cowboys would win before the Warriors? That's highly embarrassing, since both clubs began in the same year and the worriers are still no closer to being NRL champions.

tajhay

🏉
Id like to think we can make some progress in the next 5 years to become a force and to realistically challenge for the title. Next 2 years is a pipedream. There's still a lot of improvements that need to be done. You won't get substantial change to be a perennial contender or force that is needed in a year or two. It will be a great result if we can make the 8 next year.

Warriors fans : "yeah we can win the title this or next year because we made the top 8 in a 16 team comp last season. But yeah don't ask about the previous 6 years".

Who would've thought that the Cowboys would win before the Warriors? That's highly embarrassing, since both clubs began in the same year and the worriers are still no closer to being NRL champions.
Embarrassing is harsh, Nth Qld have produced some pretty special league players, Billy Slater, Kerry Bousted, Gordon Tallis, Justin Hodges, Dale Shearer to name a few, have a pretty prolific talent base up there. Throw in JT and you are almost guaranteed a premiership.

I am positive and excited about the year ahead. Winning the title maybe a stretch, but stranger things have happened.

Reactions: Old Sid
Realistically losing Johnson has put us behind 2 or 3 years. Get used to hearing "it will take a few weeks", "a few months", "a few seasons" for this young man to reach his potential. Because AK cannot be expected to be an overnight sensation. He doesn't carry the promise of a Stacy Jones or Shaun Johnson. It's unheard of for a team to reach the finals and thrive without a top halves pairing. However, I think after an initial fail for the new halves, either of two things is going to happen: 1) Someone like Lino or Hingano comes back unexpectedly or 2) We get desperate and shuffle the seniors around by trying Hiku/Harris/Luke in the halves, maybe even Roache or Tevaga. I think we are going to scrap and scrape into the 8 off the back of a make-shift halves pairing and a dogged forward pack and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck inspiration. Next year we'll probably get Cleaver as it sounds like we are throwing money at him. We could do anything in that case IMO.