Staff Cameron George

Do you sack Cameron George

• Total voters

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
The top breeders do that.

Sir Patrick Hogan used to invite them out fishing with all the trimmings. If they didn't buy one of his horses they didn't get invited next year...he boasted about it!!!

What I heard about the trainers was they went to the sales at Karaka, buy something on account then spend a couple of months to syndicate it to people with stars in their eyes.

Watching the Karaka sales on TV is better than anything from Hollywood!!!

The opportunity of getting invited to the Presidents room and given a bottle of cheap plonk, and a framed photo of going past the winning post to keep for the rest of their life, really turns some people on, but whatever rocks their boat. :rolleyes:

If the thing turns out to be a dog they take it to the meetings to keep the good ones company on the float, and even skimp on feed for the poor things.
Not only breeders but trainers will try to get younger horses to win early and look for offers from places like Singapore. Even though they're not the owner there's good money in sending overseas and if they click for the new owner he will be after more.

• Love
Reactions: bruce

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
A little off topic but to all of those bagging this year's recruitment .... welcome, you must be new around here ... because other than a few exceptions it's been way worse than this most years the club has been in existence.

As for George, love or hate him he's just been through arguably the toughest run any CEO has had in the history of professional rugby league outside of maybe the Bunnies when they were turfed out so try to keep that in mind when you make up your mind on him.
I'm not saying that means you have to like him as there's plenty he's done I don't agree with but just don't lose sight of it is all I'm saying

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
A little off topic but to all of those bagging this year's recruitment .... welcome, you must be new around here ... because other than a few exceptions it's been way worse than this most years the club has been in existence.

As for George, love or hate him he's just been through arguably the toughest run any CEO has had in the history of professional rugby league outside of maybe the Bunnies when they were turfed out so try to keep that in mind when you make up your mind on him.
I'm not saying that means you have to like him as there's plenty he's done I don't agree with but just don't lose sight of it is all I'm saying
Hello Cameron, welcome to the forum, how many socks have you now? ;)

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Decades later I got invited to Ellerslie for a meeting, to the members area. When I used to go that was for very well connected people, all wearing suits and smoking cigars.
One year, late 1990s, my company sponsored a major race (The Easter Handicap or The Easter Cup can't quite remember) at Ellerslie.

I gave the after race speech to the crowd & presented the trophy and then retired with my wife to the member's lunch area and sat with a whole bunch of snobs talking about their beach houses etc.

I was asked by one "lady", dressed to kill I might add, did I go to my holiday home in a helicopter?

FFS I didn't, at that time, even have a holiday home!!

I couldn't wait to get out of there

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
One year, late 1990s, my company sponsored a major race (The Easter Handicap or The Easter Cup can't quite remember) at Ellerslie.
The Easter Handicap is always a big race, and the prize is as well.

I bet the crowd has changed since then though.

That woman is probably in a retirement home sucking through a straw or six feet under pushing up daisies. 🤣

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga

I gave the after race speech to the crowd & presented the trophy and then retired with my wife to the member's lunch area and sat with a whole bunch of snobs talking about their beach houses etc.

I was asked by one "lady", dressed to kill I might add, did I go to my holiday home in a helicopter?

FFS I didn't, at that time, even have a holiday home!!

I couldn't wait to get out of there
Ok so let's see. When the weather warms up a little bit. Why don't you get your helicopter to pick us up and go to your beach house 😒

• Haha

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Ok so let's see. When the weather warms up a little bit. Why don't you get your helicopter to pick us up and go to your beach house 😒
I sold my beach property years ago, worst investment I ever made. :rolleyes:

HornbyBrown

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2012
Cameron needs to go. The club has only gotten worse since he has been here. Culture is set from the top and filters down.

if I’m the owner I’m paying big money to get someone high up in the All Blacks management to take over the club. If you can afford it give them a blank check. What team in world sport has a better culture?

either that or I would think about going hard for someone like Steve Price. He understands the warriors and has a diploma in business management. Not sure what he is currently doing

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Cameron needs to go. The club has only gotten worse since he has been here. Culture is set from the top and filters down.

if I’m the owner I’m paying big money to get someone high up in the All Blacks management to take over the club. If you can afford it give them a blank check. What team in world sport has a better culture?

either that or I would think about going hard for someone like Steve Price. He understands the warriors and has a diploma in business management. Not sure what he is currently doing
He has an MBA from Southern Cross University. He could not be any worse than CG. Dunno what he is doing. He was doing a scholarship with Foodstuffs here so he might still be in that game over there.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland

Aussie cricket team 🤔

Lets not kid ourselves re ABs being the epitome of culture

I would suggest they have had more headlines in the last 26 years than the Warriors have for misbehaviour.

For example I can’t remember a Warrior shagging someone in a toilet at an airport a la Arron Smith?

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Reactions: wizards rage

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
For example I can’t remember a Warrior shagging someone in a toilet at an airport a la Arron Smith?
No, the last real scandal, I think, was Villisanti at the pokies at Sky City, which didn't make much noise compared with the Kangaroos tour.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
No, the last real scandal, I think, was Villisanti at the pokies at Sky City, which didn't make much noise compared with the Kangaroos tour.
Pretty sure Villasanti was sent to prison a couple of years ago for breaching an AVO.

Culture comes from standards. Are we even ready to have standards in place? I see people on here criticising George for apologising for how the team acted on the weekend. And so he should. If we want a sound culture, we need to have standards. None of the 'below the line' bullshit but actual standards. It was good to see Egan actually giving it to Walsh just on halftime for a stupid kick right before halftime. The club lacks leaders. As long as there are sympathisers or people making excuses for utter stupidity how can we move forward with the culture?

The club has shown time and time again that the players are mentally fragile. You take a snipe at them and they will try to punch or do something else that is stupid. Hell, you give them a marker and they will write something stupid on their wrist. These are adults. No excuses are necessary once you are of adult age. If you were an opposition club, you would definitely target their mental weakness. Does it really surprise we lost so many games by a few points because of our inability to close out/do something stupid? The way this club finished this year, you can bet your bottom dollar, smarter clubs will be targetting the same players again next year. Can understand people saying 'oh was good to see a bit of a biff' 'but what about the refs targetting us'....that is all a ripple effect because our players are stupid and mentally weak. You let it get to you, for sure you will be targetted again. If its water of a ducks back, and instead harness that energy into fucking winning, thats a different story.

At the end of the day, the players are paid to win the game. Not to be heroes who let their pride and ego get in the way of the actual result. Kane Evans has progressed from one stupid action after another. I fear what his next game will bring because he just doesnt get it. This club has always had a lower percentage of first graders who want to win above everything else. Unless that is your topmost priority in a game, we will always be the sideshow.

Brawn is great, but you do need to have brains to play the game too. And that is where this club really lacks. Our leadership has been non existent for a while too. The club could implode if we continue to lack game aware leaders. Not liking where I see Walsh is heading either. He needs to be spoken to and reigned in. The leadership in position 1-5 is barren next year, despite a kiwi captain in there.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
You take a snipe at them and they will try to punch or do something else that is stupid.
Thank you, as one who threw a punch or two in my time:eek:, I accept my mental fragilityo_O, maybe I should ask Dave for some counselling.;)

hacksaw

Waterboy
Jun 27, 2020
The Easter Handicap is always a big race, and the prize is as well.

I bet the crowd has changed since then though.

That woman is probably in a retirement home sucking through a straw or six feet under pushing up daisies. 🤣

The Easter Handicap is no longer a big race with a stake of $100k. It is also not even run at Easter. The crowd on the day would be lucky to be more than a few hundred. The Auckland Cup used to be one of the big two races of the year, the other being the Wellington Cup. Now the Tauherenikau New Year's meeting gets a bigger crowd than either the Auckland or Wellington Cups

• Wow

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Tauherenikau New Year's meeting
That was always a picnic meeting...heyzeuss spare me.

I can understand about Trentham though, such a dead end no fecker wants to take their horses all the way there...as for Auckland that really shocks me.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings