Staff Cameron George

Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Maybe as a CEO but is one of the most respected leaders in the NRL. From what I read he is still in high demand and was approached to move back to Sydney and work with owners and CEO's of the clubs. Can't be that full of shit if the key stakeholders in the game look to you for counsel and leadership
Links ? Anyone can say shit on here. But can we have proof? Thanks.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Like Muldoon used to say, when Kiwis go across the Tasman it raises the IQ of both sides. Many a true word spoken in jest. Australians score because they have a wealthy economy, we have to work for a dollar.

Reaction score
brightman

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Links ? Anyone can say shit on here. But can we have proof? Thanks.
You shouldn't talk about bruce bruce like that, he's about as old as he's stubborn and his memory is subjective if not questionable.

But just on GODoyle, he saved the NZRL then was headhunted to be the NRL's Chief Operating Officer(2IC), took on the Warriors and did far better than given credit for only to return to the NRL at their behest to head up the Integrity Unit. Pretty in demand and highly regarded..

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
You shouldn't talk about bruce bruce like that, he's about as old as he's stubborn and his memory is subjective if not questionable.

But just on GODoyle, he saved the NZRL then was headhunted to be the NRL's Chief Operating Officer(2IC), took on the Warriors and did far better than given credit for only to return to the NRL at their behest to head up the Integrity Unit. Pretty in demand and highly regarded..
and he like the jersey salesman kept the money in the till. I doubt he would have given away cheap memberships like George did.

Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

Nah, I thought the convo was in regards to CG......I liked Doyle, Sorry Uncle Bruce lol

Reaction score
ramraider78

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Did he blow the budget for 2019?

Reaction score
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I wonder if expanding the football department sans results caused that loss: O’Sullivan, Smith, 3 assistants, Kearney himself who probably got an upgrade... That salary would add up.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if expanding the football department sans results caused that loss: O’Sullivan, Smith, 3 assistants, Kearney himself who probably got an upgrade... That salary would add up.
SK was already on board, so were POS and Smith and even George. It would be very interesting to know. The xcrowd numbers were ok but the prices were giveaways so that might be it. Good question for the forum.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Thats what I would have put it down to. Peter O'Sullivan and Brian Smith were hired just before the sale process started. IMO to help the club seem more attractive and stable as they are appointments that should have happened a very longtime ago. You also have to count any recommendations both those knowledgeable men would want like Smith and his junior pathways program. The only reason we didn't have them earlier is because they would cost a small fortune to implement and maintain. You are talking about a whole different set of coaches, trainers, medicals, managers, nutritionists, uniforms, training gear and support as well as the travel, accomodation and player payments. Some of those players will also be getting their education paid for or subsidised. Not cheap...

Reaction score
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
So I guess if we didn't have that during the Watson years and have just now got into it with POS and Smith it will take a while?

Probably 3+ years. Let's face it, based on our record, location etc we aren't going to attract top flight Oz based NRL players. Recruitment strategy for us has to be different to any other club because like it as not we're in NZ

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Thats what I would have put it down to. Peter O'Sullivan and Brian Smith were hired just before the sale process started. IMO to help the club seem more attractive and stable as they are appointments that should have happened a very longtime ago. You also have to count any recommendations both those knowledgeable men would want like Smith and his junior pathways program. The only reason we didn't have them earlier is because they would cost a small fortune to implement and maintain. You are talking about a whole different set of coaches, trainers, medicals, managers, nutritionists, uniforms, training gear and support as well as the travel, accomodation and player payments. Some of those players will also be getting their education paid for or subsidised. Not cheap...
Are we not talking about a multi million shorfall? Hard to blame that on Brian Smith I think.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
After the developing scandal about Warriors members having to get in first for tickets for the Eden Park match my guess is Cameron George is going to face some hot questions at the next forum.

Knowing the guy, my guess is he hasn't even thought about it.

But my promise to Cameron is that bullshit won't work this year mate. You had better perform or else.

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I dont care what anyone says. IMO George destroyed a potential 3-4 years of top 4 Squad. Letting go too many quality players. If hes a man of his word he should live by it, "Nobody one person is bigger than the club". Now we have gone from a top 4 Spine to a bottom 4, I expect him to take ownership for it, the buck stops at the top, CEO.

If hes in demand elsewhere, coudnt give a ship. How he handled SJ was not CEO level of professionalism. We could easily have massaged SJ into staying, then all we would be shopping for is a quality hooker. Now we have no playmaker in the halves. I dont feel CHT has the X factor of SJ, Hayze might if trained right. Kodi whilst good at running the ball doesnt have the skill set to match a modern 5/8th and he also lacks X factor. Should have given CNK a chance before letting him go, idiots, he OOOZED intensity and WANT to play, that still pisses me off along with SJ. If we had SJ and CNK at centre and were shopping for a top quality metre eater hooker like Lawton, then our spine would be sweet. But its Doldrums unless CHT replaces green at 7 and Hayze turns out to be the X factor at 6.

Either way what was shaping up to be an exciting 2019 all falls on George shoulders and his lack of professionalism.

Im just glad thankful one of the new big wigs is going to be Hands on, Robinson, so he can see first hand what a mess George has created on field, which will reflect revenue. Im not paying any money for a bottom 4 side after 25 years of promises. Earn my money is what we should all be asking from the club, pay us back for the money we have put in.

Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I dont care what anyone says. IMO George destroyed a potential 3-4 years of top 4 Squad. Letting go too many quality players. If hes a man of his word he should live by it, "Nobody one person is bigger than the club". Now we have gone from a top 4 Spine to a bottom 4, I expect him to take ownership for it, the buck stops at the top, CEO.

If hes in demand elsewhere, coudnt give a ship. How he handled SJ was not CEO level of professionalism. We could easily have massaged SJ into staying, then all we would be shopping for is a quality hooker. Now we have no playmaker in the halves. I dont feel CHT has the X factor of SJ, Hayze might if trained right. Kodi whilst good at running the ball doesnt have the skill set to match a modern 5/8th and he also lacks X factor. Should have given CNK a chance before letting him go, idiots, he OOOZED intensity and WANT to play, that still pisses me off along with SJ. If we had SJ and CNK at centre and were shopping for a top quality metre eater hooker like Lawton, then our spine would be sweet. But its Doldrums unless CHT replaces green at 7 and Hayze turns out to be the X factor at 6.

Either way what was shaping up to be an exciting 2019 all falls on George shoulders and his lack of professionalism.

Im just glad thankful one of the new big wigs is going to be Hands on, Robinson, so he can see first hand what a mess George has created on field, which will reflect revenue. Im not paying any money for a bottom 4 side after 25 years of promises. Earn my money is what we should all be asking from the club, pay us back for the money we have put in.
Sure CG messed up the SJ negotiation/re-contracting but the rest of the stuff you wrote about are coach decisions, CG should be giving SK the freedom to make those decisions and holding him to account on results.

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I agree. BUT hes also making decisions on the 30 and hes trying to run it like a business by getting value for money mediocre players. 30 mediocre players in a club already handicapped and this year with the 2nd hardest draw = lucky not to get wooden spoon. IMO CG is accountable.

Reaction score

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Do you guys really think CG made the call on SJ. He was Kearney and Smiths mouthpiece he even said it himself. I have zero doubt the strategy to get SJ to take less money came from Kearney and Co

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I honestly think it was the right thing, but there was a way they could have had SJ see the light, that we needed him on unders the next contract, our best player is only $800k etc, do it for the club.

I think it was the riming and SK and George not wanting to interrupt their holidays to put SJ at ease that sent SJ into sulky pissed off mode, then CGs public comments pretty much sealed it.

They needed a better mediator to sit down with SJ, not the 2 ronnies.

Top Bottom