Staff Cameron George

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Streamlining can be dangerous, while it can reduce costs and cut some of the deadweight it often puts more pressure on those that were performing (for no extra money often) and they get disillusioned/burnt out and leave
There's been extra money but an extra $10K to do the some of the work someone in the high 5 figures was doing will definitely place extra pressure on workers.

Little Cameron George can do about that. Orders are from ARL and Autex...

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
I’m still waiting for Mr George to stand up and show some leadership. I’m not talking about telling fans to take whistles to the games but to address the sad state of affairs.

Reaction score

defensivebomb

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Who is Cameron George? Is he that guy that acts like a CEO when the team is winning?

I miss that guy

On a more serious note, is it normal to have so little comms from the club about structure, direction and strategy? I would have expected a lot better, and even more so that we are losing

Reaction score

PNG Kiwi

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I suppose we have to wait for the end of season review.
With 3 years on SK's contract to go I hope their is a business plan in place.
It is simple really, win games and this puts bums on seats, gives sponsors better return for advertising dollars, and makes recruiting easier.

Somehow they see SK and George being able to achieve this, where a lot of us keyboard Warriors cannot grasp the master plan.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Somehow they see SK and George being able to achieve this
I think hope is the correct word. If they can see it they are on something more powerful Rebel Yell.

Reaction score
Ranger

Ranger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

I agree with a bit of what Cameron George says in the article but this part didn't endear him to me much

"We've seen super human efforts over the last six weeks from the boys . . ."

R15 - lost
R16 - won
R17 - draw
R18 - won
R19 - lost
R20 - lost

If that's super human we're going to need Taika Waititi to have any chance

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score

I agree with a bit of what Cameron George says in the article but this part didn't endear him to me much

"We've seen super human efforts over the last six weeks from the boys . . ."

R15 - lost
R16 - won
R17 - draw
R18 - won
R19 - lost
R20 - lost

If that's super human we're going to need Taika Waititi to have any chance
Cameron George is beginning to rival Lyall Gorman as a comedian.

Reaction score
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Not as bad as this: the Glass Barbie must be getting fired up at Mt Smart...

You are right bro, that belongs at the London Palladium. Heyzeuss spare me!!! These guys are in denial. Trouble is that is only the first stage of grief, anger started to show last week, that is the second, then bargaining, dunno how that is going to work with this mob. Sad really. :sorry:

Reaction score
WA supporter

WA supporter

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I believe we are on the cusp of a golden period where George will get a lot of credit and I do believe he is the right man for the job going forward. We now have the right people which created an upwards spiral, dragging in the better players through recruitment and retention and I believe we will start seeing players taking unders to be with us as we will be seen as a career grower. The Blairs and Greens that we paid a premium for for their off field role as much as onfield will have been worth their weight in gold.

For the club and new owners, looking at the big picture, we have moved from a top 8 contender ever year, to having the foundations of a consistent top 6 team that will be challenging for a title every other year.

It’s a good time to be supporting the club :happy:
[/QUOTE]
First things first. I’m happy to admit that I wouldn’t know CG if he was giving me a blowie. Which is the very reason I’m reading up thru these back comments about the chap. Again I know that we all see things perfectly in hindsight which is why I try not to get caught up in pre/early season predictions about this team of ours. I understand that I am among like minded people in this forum and I find it amusing,laughable,angering,sobering,chilling. You get the picture with what people are thinking at any moment in time. Which brings me to my point here. Wizards rage stated back in February of this year “that we are on the cusp of a golden period” This in itself isn’t the butt of my post,whilst I do and will have no doubt in continuing to enjoy reading your views on football I can’t help myself and lol about you stating how “Blair and Green will have been worth their weight in gold”?, Green to my way of thinking hasn’t had the best of seasons this year but the the other bloke!! The only thing he has been worth in his own weight since he was signed up,is paekakariki,without the pae or the Riki. I know it’s easy to be negative and all that,but as I have stated before on this forum if I could walk away from this rabble I would,but.....!! Sorry wizards rage nothing would give me greater pleasure than for you to have proved me wrong this year. But like this season I can’t see the 2020 season being any better regardless of who our players,coach or CEO is. As I’ve said ad nauseam,stop pissing on our collective legs and telling us it’s raining. Would S Hansen or the NZRU CEO get away with what shit we’ve as RL supporters been force feed for 24 long fucking years? I don’t think so!! And if not,why not! Here’s a prediction for the 2020 NRL season. The NZ Warriors will struggle to get an average home crowd of over 9k people,I don’t think I need to explain why. But Emperors C Nero,Kearney and the board of directors will continue to fiddle,Rome burns. I’m used to being lied to by pollies ,used car salesmen,my kids when there’re caught dead to rights. But not Rugby League,for me this is a bridge too far. Keep the faith!! If I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard this expression from my follow leaguies,as those of you who are familiar with some of my posts know I have the faith,but like the Catholic Church here in Australia there is a crisis of faith,ie G “rock spider” Pell. I could go on,but I think you get my meaning (at least u hope you do). Anyhow,someone,anyone,somewhere please. Stop the rot,FAST!! For the love of footys sake!! Thank you for bearing with me✊🏽👌🏽🤞🏽

Reaction score
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
George showed his inexperience in the big time. You don't call out players in public without a convo with the coach. He not only undermined his coach which he recently resigned for 3 years, he may also have lost the players.

It puts Kearney in an awkward position with his players and kills team spirit. Yup they caved a couple of times. But the coach will have his own plan and timing as to when and who he wants to target for a rasping.

For all George knows even the ones who tried their guts out might get put off also. It's about the long game. Not knee-jerk reactions like this.

What's worse is that our fucked season was caused mostly by him leaving us without an fg half at a time we couldn't do anything about it. That was the biggest fuck up.

Reaction score
Fantail23

Fantail23

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I was hoping George was a league man, not another spinner feeding us line after line and walking around like the fans are stupid.

shame on you warriors, you don't deserve such awesome fans who care so much when watching a team week after week and year
after year not put in.

RTS give me 17 of him we would never lose a game

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
George showed his inexperience in the big time. You don't call out players in public without a convo with the coach. He not only undermined his coach which he recently resigned for 3 years, he may also have lost the players.

It puts Kearney in an awkward position with his players and kills team spirit. Yup they caved a couple of times. But the coach will have his own plan and timing as to when and who he wants to target for a rasping.

For all George knows even the ones who tried their guts out might get put off also. It's about the long game. Not knee-jerk reactions like this.

What's worse is that our fucked season was caused mostly by him leaving us without an fg half at a time we couldn't do anything about it. That was the biggest fuck up.
You are so polite to call it inexperience. Cameron George, just from that comment alone, has shown without any doubt that he is totally incompetent for the job.

Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Taking a step back there are a lot of off field thngs the club are doing good like the patways, community stuff, womens team etc and they are trying new things at the game with better food, entertainment, more member engagement, cheaper tickets to fill the stadium etc. This is where CG is getting it right or at least changing things up.
The SJ saga was his first blunder but I don't believe for a second that he made the call to give SJ the boot, Kearney,Smith and probably others had to be across that decision, he also apologised for the way he handled it and SJ also said he handled it badly through his manager. So effectivey bad decision from the club all round.
The 3 more years for SK also not looking like a great decision but at the time a lot of others thought it was, we did look on the up and again if Smith wasnt the author of that decision then he had to approve of it.
So what I guess I am saying is that in general he is doing ok imho but the 2 major decisions that he fronts that have gone bad are probably not his decision or at least not solely his decision. You can take that as he is doing ok overall or they are all shit so get rid of the lot of them.

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Taking a step back there are a lot of off field thngs the club are doing good like the patways, community stuff, womens team etc and they are trying new things at the game with better food, entertainment, more member engagement, cheaper tickets to fill the stadium etc. This is where CG is getting it right or at least changing things up.
The SJ saga was his first blunder but I don't believe for a second that he made the call to give SJ the boot, Kearney,Smith and probably others had to be across that decision, he also apologised for the way he handled it and SJ also said he handled it badly through his manager. So effectivey bad decision from the club all round.
The 3 more years for SK also not looking like a great decision but at the time a lot of others thought it was, we did look on the up and again if Smith wasnt the author of that decision then he had to approve of it.
So what I guess I am saying is that in general he is doing ok imho but the 2 major decisions that he fronts that have gone bad are probably not his decision or at least not solely his decision. You can take that as he is doing ok overall or they are all shit so get rid of the lot of them.
You do realise he’s the CEO right? the guy at the very top of authority, who is appointed by the owners to be accountable in some way, shape or form with what happens in a company.

CEO’s are paid very good money not to make mistakes. His decision/approval to let SJ walk and then to sign Kearney for 3 more years are serious blunders that will not go unnoticed by the owners.

Top Bottom