General Calling out Dave Taylor - Your Club Needs You!

Iafeta_old

Listen son, there's a bit of a mystery around Warriors HQ. Ivan Cleary dropped his phone a couple of months ago and unfortunately damaged the sim card. Sadly, the phone numbers of the following people were lost:

Alehana Mara
Daniel O'Regan
Bill Tupou
Leeson Ah Mau (I think he also forgot his number in terms of a contract....)
Upu Poching
Suiatonga Likiliki
Rusty Bristow
Sione Louisi

Without those numbers Ivan can't give them a quick call to let them know they're playing this weekend. Dave mate, can you do Auntie Ives a favour, you're pretty handy on Facebook and have built quite up the community of league players so perhaps you could send them all a private message to let them know to get in touch with Ives.

There, the truth is out, Ivan does want to make the changes, but its all up to Dave Taylor. Man up Dave, your club needs you!

ToiletDuck_old

Haha, I'd agree if I didn't give a toss about the fate of the U20's...

Also Bristow I have a question mark over at NRL level...not that he's played there yet. However I kind of see him as a player that has largely succeeded due to his size and power over other players thus far....maybe that's a bit harsh on Rusty, hopefully he can become our Junior Sau.

Jesbass_old

Listen son, there's a bit of a mystery around Warriors HQ. Ivan Cleary dropped his phone a couple of months ago and unfortunately damaged the sim card. Sadly, the phone numbers of the following people were lost:

Alehana Mara
Daniel O'Regan
Bill Tupou
Leeson Ah Mau (I think he also forgot his number in terms of a contract....)
Upu Poching
Suiatonga Likiliki
Rusty Bristow
Sione Louisi

Without those numbers Ivan can't give them a quick call to let them know they're playing this weekend. Dave mate, can you do Auntie Ives a favour, you're pretty handy on Facebook and have built quite up the community of league players so perhaps you could send them all a private message to let them know to get in touch with Ives.

There, the truth is out, Ivan does want to make the changes, but its all up to Dave Taylor. Man up Dave, your club needs you!

That's ridiculous. Why would Ivan in his right mind listen to his successor when it comes to lineup selections? Madness!

ToiletDuck_old

That's ridiculous. Why would Ivan in his right mind listen to his successor when it comes to lineup selections? Madness!

You'd have to hand the forum over to Skinny_ravs if you were the coach, you'd cop so much sh!t on here.

Iafeta_old

TBF Toilet-duck, I also dont' think Rusty will make it. Lacks acceleration and a bit of size. Makes up for it with mongrel, but I don't think that'll translate in a very professional competition like the NRL.

Jesbass_old

You'd have to hand the forum over to Skinny_ravs if you were the coach, you'd cop so much sh!t on here.

Actually, I'd be saved by just selecting the best looking players, regardless of ability. Skinny could bump her "hottest Warriors" thread, and that's what I'd base my selections on. in fact, I'd even sign up her favourite players....which means Rovelli's coming back! :puke:

ToiletDuck_old

Actually, I'd be saved by just selecting the best looking players, regardless of ability. Skinny could bump her "hottest Warriors" thread, and that's what I'd base my selections on. in fact, I'd even sign up her favourite players....which means Rovelli's coming back! :puke:

Well, the sad thing is, I think most people here would have given Rovelli another run over Jones at least some point this season...

ToiletDuck_old

TBF Toilet-duck, I also dont' think Rusty will make it. Lacks acceleration and a bit of size. Makes up for it with mongrel, but I don't think that'll translate in a very professional competition like the NRL.

Indeed. And when I said using his size, I meant more at age group level.

KeepingTheFaith_old

I've always seen Bristow as a potential NRL second rower but not a centre. Doesn't have the speed for it. Don't know what his defence would be like close in, but he's put in some pretty decent hits out wide.

Northern_Union

Well, the sad thing is, I think most people here would have given Rovelli another run over Jones at least some point this season...

Whats even sadder is that Rovelli is playing good football at 6 for the Cowboys. Why couldn't be have been in form for us at some stage? Coaching perhapes?

2big2strong_old

I'd put it down to the coaching.

Jonathon Thurston was only ever a fringe first grader at the dogs, Cowboys would of got him for a steal. It was Graham Murray that made him a star.

It's funny you know, a lot of other NRL clubs buy average players and turn them into stars, we take stars and turn them into average players.

Ivan simply doesn't have the massive genetalia needed to put a rocket up this teams posterior, the club needs to completely bottom out and then rebuild. Dogs have gone from wooden spooners to premiership heavyweights because they got rid of a complacent easy going coach and replaced him with a hard nosed task master that is obviously getting the job done.

Hey NU, a few more available coaches to add to that list we started....

Graham Murray
Michael Hagan
Shaun McRae

Northern_Union

Graham Murray would get my vote of the three. He's very good tactically and is the type of coach that players want to play for.

KeepingTheFaith_old

Murray would get my vote as well.

I know there's a lot of people keen on Kearney, but I would take an experienced coach over Kearney in a heartbeat. Murray is a coach who has proven he can crack the whip when needed but is also a coach who will work hard for the players who are working hard for him.

I'm not saying Cleary isn't doing that. We'll probably know by this time next year though.

sebastian_old

I'm sticking with Kearny, he's been with the 2nd best coach in the comp.(Some say the best) for years, helped the Storm to 3 Grand Finals & a Premiership. He must have had a strong influence on the results, devolpment & the massive success they've had. His polynesian heritage has seemed to help bring up some fantastic NZ players & I'm sure the Kiwi boys honestly would respect him more than Cleary now anyway. Murray on the other hand had been rumoured to have left the Cowboys on very bad terms with the players, he is experienced but during the last month before he left the Cowboys he was rumoured to have had verbal fights with various players & a huge blow up with Thurston. If the club decides to give Cleary the flick I'd like a fresh start, hence why I'd be hoping for Kearny.

Last edited by a moderator: