Post Match 2023 Penrith vs Warriors - Week 1 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Knights vs Raiders will be interesting. I wonder if Raiders can actually beat them away. We shall find out tomorrow.

Tomorrow will tell us a lot. Injuries/judiciary will be key too. The Knights shouldn't be underestimated, they have been playing really, really well.
Yes they are a very good team. Not much finals experience though. A very good defence.

09B9E133-1CAC-4FD5-9437-0FB08A805816.jpeg

We pretty much fucked it from the start.offsude on the first kick chase is what webby singled out.
Weather that's enthusiasm or whatever it's a lesson he will drill.
Whenever we dud anything good we would be penalised etc.
Great set, good kick , great kick chase - tough crusher penalty....

Little things.

Do you really think the coaches had no intention of winning?
His intention went from 100% to 20% when he rested SJ lol, Walker at 6 and doing half the kicking? 😂 He had an eye on week 2, if they pull off an upset then great, but seriously, his selection wasn’t helping his intent, if it’s a do or die, do you think he would have scratched SJ?

That’s why I am not upset about the result, it was done on Thursday

His intention went from 100% to 20% when he rested SJ lol, Walker at 6 and doing half the kicking? 😂 He had an eye on week 2, if they pull off an upset then great, but seriously, his selection wasn’t helping his intent, if it’s a do or die, do you think he would have scratched SJ?

That’s why I am not upset about the result, it was done on Thursday

I'm not sure rested is the right terminology

Soft tissue injury. No gurantee he gets through the first 5 minutes.

The luxury of a non-sudden death allowed them to be cautious.

I genuinely fear it is worse than what is being mentioned, I'm certain he plays if he is even 90%

The whole situation has just come off as weird from the top down.

lol blaming the coach is laughable.
only thing I’ve ever second guessed webby about is ford over Curran. But he’s got them up and going so what do I know, could be an attitude thing.

That game was just frustrating because warriors never got a chance to play like we know they can. We definitely won in spells during that game , and we weren’t too bad close to the line. Defense was immense for large periods too. (Although disappointing when some players gave up towards the end)

Don’t get me started on the to’o try or the ruck. Every top tier team is bending the officials their way, we need to be able to counteract that. This is what guys like Reynolds, Cameron smith, Munster are really good at.

Anyway, fk Penrith…

lol blaming the coach is laughable.
only thing I’ve ever second guessed webby about is ford over Curran. But he’s got them up and going so what do I know, could be an attitude thing.

That game was just frustrating because warriors never got a chance to play like we know they can. We definitely won in spells during that game , and we weren’t too bad close to the line. Defense was immense for large periods too. (Although disappointing when some players gave up towards the end)

Don’t get me started on the to’o try or the ruck. Every top tier team is bending the officials their way, we need to be able to counteract that. This is what guys like Reynolds, Cameron smith, Munster are really good at.

Anyway, fk Penrith…

Laughable?

They pick the team and run the subs.

Both of which left a lot to be desired.

This match does not define an amazing season that is not over yet. I expect us to win next week and head to suncorp with a GF on the line, that in itself is mind blowing!

But to me it was a good reminder this week we have a rookie coach too. I have great faith they will internally acknowledge their mistakes from this game.

DWZ and Berry were beaten by the speed of the ball, Pompey and Montoya were beaten by the speed of the feet.
Cleary set it up. For the first half he punched and punched the short ball. Made Pompey/Berry commit to the front runner.

Then once he knew they were in the zone he pulled backdoor plays and the winger has to bite or give the centre a free run to the line.

Last edited:
Penriths ruck control is top class. I haven’t looked at the stats but I imagine their PTB speed outshone ours by a big margin.

Our 5th tackle option went to Walker when we were deep in our half far too many times - not sure if Walker was over calling or TMM wasn’t?

Our attacking line often seemed disorganised in the middle and edges as well I thought.

Lots of work ons and growth from to come from this game - is exactly the reason I wanted Penrith first up; I think we learn a lot more from them as opposition than we could have from the ponies.

On to next week!

edit: just checked the stats and our average PTB was marginally faster, must have been the beers 🥴

Last edited:
Back