Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fair call. Though at the time, when Key was in government, foreigners were not banned from buying residential property (which is crazy when you think about it, knowing what has happened with home affordability).

That ban came in under Jacinda, and at the time, was welcomed across the political spectrum. I'm no Jacinda fan, but that was something they got right.

So what National is now proposing is somewhere between the two regimes.
Understood. The policy is causing differing opinions between so many experts.
The answer is probably somewhere in the middle also.
Depending on one's own political stance.
Willis said that she didn't have a plan B because she was confident that she was right. Lots of financial people disagree.
Guess we will find out soon enough šŸ™‚
Interesting times

Understood. The policy is causing differing opinions between so many experts.
The answer is probably somewhere in the middle also.
Depending on one's own political stance.
Willis said that she didn't have a plan B because she was confident that she was right. Lots of financial people disagree.
Guess we will find out soon enough šŸ™‚
Interesting times
To be honest, I don't fully believe in the numbers. I trust they've calculated them somehow, but sure, they'd be subjective

I'm probably coming to the view that there, on balance, National is putting forward some new ideas

And at the same time, Labour is putting forward some nice ideas, but, given the last 6 years, they are just that. Ideas. A good example is the recent announcement about doctors. File it away with other nice ideas like the airport tram, 1bn trees, fixing mental health, ending child poverty, skypath, transforming the tax system etc. Great if they did them.

Tbf none of them fill me with any confidence.
Fanciful figures and promises are the norm for each election.
Shameful..
My pet gripe is our young people who are not working or studying and still getting a pension of some kind.
Saw groups of them a while back going around the different pokies venues in Tauranga.
Apparently they text each other when the jackpots are about to pay out.
They're the root of all our problems. Give me a party who will set criteria before these people can get any type of benefit.

So Nationals numbers MIGHT be out by $2bā€¦ maybeā€¦. If you talk to a lefty economist.

Labours numbers have PROVEN to be out by $29b as per the recent update based on the last 9 months..

Whereā€™s the media ripping into the known problem instead of finding economists that point to maybe a relatively small issue?

And the mainstream media wonder why people go elsewhere for their news nowadaysā€¦

So Nationals numbers MIGHT be out by $2bā€¦ maybeā€¦. If you talk to a lefty economist.

Labours numbers have PROVEN to be out by $29b as per the recent update based on the last 9 months..

Whereā€™s the media ripping into the known problem instead of finding economists that point to maybe a relatively small issue?

And the mainstream media wonder why people go elsewhere for their news nowadaysā€¦
My point is simply that if National want my vote I need to see how their major tax policy for tax cuts and how that's going to affect me and my family.
Their answers are always trust us. We have done the figures.
Plenty say they are wrong

I don't know if you can read at all but I left leaning economist and a right leaning economist did the deep dive into Nat Policy.

I don't know if you can read at all but I left leaning economist and a right leaning economist did the deep dive into Nat Policy.
Yawn.

Here you go: ā€˜The Government increased its borrowing programme by $2 billion for the current fiscal year, with borrowing over the four-year projection period lifted by $9b.ā€™

Your government has wasted 4 1/2 time more than the whole POTENTIAL 4 year National tax discrepancy that your so worried about, just in the last 9 months.

I donā€™t think you really get the relative scale where 1 party might be a little bit out and the other party is many multiples of times worse based on real data šŸ¤£

Yawn.

Here you go: ā€˜The Government increased its borrowing programme by $2 billion for the current fiscal year, with borrowing over the four-year projection period lifted by $9b.ā€™

Your government has wasted 4 1/2 time more than the whole POTENTIAL 4 year National tax discrepancy that your so worried about, just in the last 9 months.

I donā€™t think you really get the relative scale where 1 party might be a little bit out and the other party is absolutely drowning us in debt šŸ¤£

No it's actually ok to want to know - if a party is proposing tax cuts - exactly how that will be funded and where the shortfall / cuts would come from.

Just before you go on another rant about "mainstream" media or bring up Grant Roberston's parents and acting all covid thread AGAIN.

They also didn't base their numbers on pre-ban volume. Bit of a storm in a tea cup IMO but it appears the media are getting used to the idea that this will be the new Government so are focusing all the attention on them rather than the mess of the current one

They also didn't base their numbers on pre-ban volume. Bit of a storm in a tea cup IMO but it appears the media are getting used to the idea that this will be the new Government so are focusing all the attention on them rather than the mess of the current one
I don't believe that a highly flawed 3 year tax policy initiated to grab votes by promising taxpayers cuts is a "storm in a teacup "
While I am not happy with Labour I want more credibility for my vote.

No it's actually ok to want to know - if a party is proposing tax cuts - exactly how that will be funded and where the shortfall / cuts would come from.

Just before you go on another rant about "mainstream" media or bring up Grant Roberston's parents and acting all covid thread AGAIN.
They should have just said they would cut back on the huis and farewell parties.

Iā€™m interested in the derision being thrown at labour for announcing a policy re increase in Dr numbers due to the current shortage as if it is their fault

How long does it take to become a Dr?
According to Akld University med school to become qualified is 6 yrs and then there is hospital residency

So doesnā€™t the fault lay with the Government in power over 6 years ago?

Iā€™m interested in the derision being thrown at labour for announcing a policy re increase in Dr numbers due to the current shortage as if it is their fault

How long does it take to become a Dr?
According to Akld University med school to become qualified is 6 yrs and then there is hospital residency

So doesnā€™t the fault lay with the Government in power over 6 years ago?
Doesnā€˜t it take even longer than that to become a GP?

After all the times Andrew Little dismissed concerns from the college of gpā€™s about the number of doctors due to retire and overwork, I think people are wondering if this is Labourā€™s version of Nationalā€™s no housing crisis before the 2017 election.

Back