Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Nice call guys on Sao for Hurrell, and in the Team List forum too.

Now if you could just let us know the result, I can decide whether to bother watching or not...
Just take your experimental medicine that is the Warriors. It could bring you a sense of joy or a heart attack.

But just like the car wreck ppl in the forums speak about, you just can't take your eyes off it.

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Wellington should be sold out tonight just like mount smart should be every week I can't understand how a 1 team country doesn't have sell out crowds you'd be suprised how the warriors would play with a sell out crowd
From experience: The Warriors get on a winning streak, everybody who's not already addicted goes "Oh, Warriors are going good, let's go and watch!" and lo and behold Mt Smart Stadium is heaving with the addicted and the newly impressed looking to see their team continue their streak and it turns very brown and smelly.

The Warriors tend to save their really kick-arse performances for "two men and a dog" type crowds.

Reaction score
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
We need to stop the Bulldogs scoring more points than we do. Simple as that.

Thinking the other way is lazy and vain. Let them score1 and then we'll score 2. No team has ever won the comp with that philosophy.
It's not so much about let them score.

Its about ensuring our score is more.

Be that through defence, which we are still trying to strengthen.

Or through attack, which we are good at.

Or heaven forbid we get both attack and defence firing.

What I'm getting at is that our attack will be the most effective way of putting the bulldogs under pressure while we have defensive frailties.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Make tackles for eighty.....hold the ball for the duration......the Warriors will win if those conditions are met.

I have a good feeling, provided we are steady as she goes.....the Dogs will get rolled in a massive up set.

Warriors by Six.

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
It's not so much about let them score.

Its about ensuring our score is more.

Be that through defence, which we are still trying to strengthen.

Or through attack, which we are good at.

Or heaven forbid we get both attack and defence firing.

What I'm getting at is that our attack will be the most effective way of putting the bulldogs under pressure while we have defensive frailties.
I think our attack can take the game away from the Dogs (if all out dodgy offloads stick), but we can't put them under fatigue pressure by throwing the ball around.

We need to be draining their energy levels during the game so that they can't bully us coming down the stretch. Repeat sets, good kicking game, good ball security, high completion rates, and sharp defense to keep them out of our red zone.

Then we can exploit holes in their fatiguing D line without having too much problems from their attack to defend...

This is the exact strategy used to defeat us most of the time.

Reaction score
Defence

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Mutts needs a massive game if we're to be any chance.

Reaction score
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Make tackles for eighty.....hold the ball for the duration......the Warriors will win if those conditions are met.

I have a good feeling, provided we are steady as she goes.....the Dogs will get rolled in a massive up set.

Warriors by Six.
Completion rate over 80% as well.

Just complete every set. Repeat sets. Build pressure. Play territory.

Reaction score
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Hurrell named to play in NSW Cup team.

ISP LATE MAIL | v Newcastle
Richard Becht

Sat 16th April, 11:08AM

Konrad Hurrell during a Vodafone Warriors training session. NRL Rugby League. Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand. Tuesday 1 March 2016 Copyright Photo: Andrew Cornaga / www.photosport.nz
Konrad Hurrell faces an 80-minute hit-out today after being brought into the Vodafone Warriors’ Intrust Super Premiership side for their seventh-round clash against Newcastle at Mount Smart Stadium No 2 (12.00pm kick-off).

Hurrell, used off the interchange in the club’s last three NRL matches, starts in the centres with Matt Allwood joining the NRL side as 18th man for tonight’s game against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in Wellington.

The rest of the backline is as selected but there is some shuffling in the forwards with 21-year-old Toafofoa Sipley brought up from the bench to start at loose forward in his third match back from surgery.

It results in Ali Lauitiiti moving to the bench and captain John Palavi going into the second row with Shaun Lane.

VODAFONE WARRIORS v NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS

Mount Smart Stadium #2, Auckland

12.00pm, Saturday, April 16

Referee: Jamal Thompson

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 HENARE WELLS

2 KEN MAUMALO

3 CHARNZE NICOLL-KLOKSTAD

20 KONRAD HURRELL

5 TOMAS AOAKE

6 ATA HINGANO

7 MASON LINO

8 JAMES GAVET

9 JAZZ TEVAGA

10 ALBERT VETE

12 SHAUN LANE

13 JOHN PALAVI (c)

15 TOAFOFOA SIPLEY

Interchange:

11 ALI LAUITIITI

14 VILIAMI KAVEINGA

16 SIONE LOUSI

17 JAMES BELL

COACH | STACEY JONES

https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2016/04/16/isp_late_mail_v_newc..html
Has Allwood been promoted to first grade?

Reaction score
OMG

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I cant remember ever being so pessimistic about a win.

You'd hope the pack doesn't turn up like they did last week, or not turn up as it was.

They are the biggest problem with this team, consistently inconsistent and they never really dominate a team the way good packs do, our middle in particular is probably consitently the worst despite being able to leak tries on fringes the way we do.

Going through our line up on paper you can see there is skope for a win but also a very good chance we could post a record score of some type in the Doggies favour.

Reaction score
wallacenz

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Wellington should be sold out tonight just like mount smart should be every week I can't understand how a 1 team country doesn't have sell out crowds you'd be suprised how the warriors would play with a sell out crowd
who wants to visit the buffet when they are serving turd sandwiches

Reaction score

5tees

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Reaction score

phil.kingston

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Has Allwood been promoted to first grade?
Hes 18th man...promotion or not depends if you wana put a positive spin on it or a negative one...
positive spin...its a promotion cause if someone gets injured in warmup he will play and cappy thinks he can perform at FG level..also, if that happens and allwood puts in a good performance maybe he can make it hard for the coach to drop him
Negative...he could very well have left hurrell out as 18th man...the only reason for the switch is so Hurrell can get 80mins at centers...so the move is more about Hurrell than Allwood...

Reaction score
janfin

janfin

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Sure hoping that the Warriors will be on their guard to stop those Doggies snapping at their heels and that the Warriors dog ranger is there to keep them under control Warriors to take it out by 6 hi fives ;);)

Reaction score

Jordan G

Warriors by Six.
Feeling comfortable about this game as well. Maybe my expectations have just gotten that low I'm not getting any feelings at all.

I'm thinking Warriors fast start, Dogs grind back into it, 2 points in it either way going into the last 20 and then two quick tries helps us to pull away at the end before a lazy consolation try makes the score look closer at the end (plus gives us all those Warrior feels of screwing it up that we're all used to by now).

Reaction score

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Those attacking stats of ours...second in points only to the Cowboys, equal top tries, the most line breaks along with the Broncos.

Look at where they are on the ladder compared to us and that pretty much highlights why defense matters above all else.
Hilarious isn't it, we have no problem scoring points, yet all we hear around here is how we need these attacking players back in the side, never mind the fact that they cant defend for shit or hold onto the ball...bring back Konrad!!! Vatuvei goes straight back on the wing, move Lolohea out of a position where he's formed the best outside back combo we've seen in years into a position were he'll be targeted mercilessly, while having to bring in yet another weak defender to cover his vacated wing spot, all in a misguided and unnecessary attempt to score more points.

We dont need to score more points, we need to defend at an NRL level for the full eighty and hold onto the goddam ball.

Reaction score
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Not even close to a sell out...last I heard was about 17k tickets sold which to be honest is more than I thought.
Will still be half empty...or should I say.... Half yellow seats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom