Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The alarming thing to me is the fact he was looking into Port privatisation & most of the other councillors didnt know.
Start of a slippery slope I think.
His campaign team - right wing stooges

They've all been around the traps, all involved in Dirty Politics for the National and Act party hit squads.

Matthew Hooton, Ben Thomas and others

Let's also not forget Maurice Williamson.

There's a privatisation agenda in play in local and national government.

The same neoliberal zombie economics.

Hey Mike - IT IS THE GREEDY LANDLORDS. But anyway, try building new, and regulating air bnb, also a bed tax for travellers.

Housing is a need mate.
Housing is a need but it’s still subject to supply and demand with the same drivers.

Why treat it differently to food, cars or clothing, which are provided by profit driven businesses but the competition drives as small a profit margin as is viable. Embrace competition to get low prices. Interfere (taxes; disincentives) and get higher prices… as we’ve found out.

Treating it as non profitable won’t supply the housing we need - why build at a loss? Taxing alternative uses is ‘fiddling while Rome burns’ as it doesn’t solve the actual problem of being uneconomic to supply more housing stock.

His campaign team - right wing stooges

They've all been around the traps, all involved in Dirty Politics for the National and Act party hit squads.

Matthew Hooton, Ben Thomas and others

Let's also not forget Maurice Williamson.

There's a privatisation agenda in play in local and national government.

The same neoliberal zombie economics.
Cannot stand that Hooton cunt.
Sells his soul to the highest bidder.

Housing is a need but it’s still subject to supply and demand with the same drivers.

Why treat it differently to food, cars or clothing, which are provided by profit driven businesses but the competition drives as small a profit margin as is viable. Embrace competition to get low prices. Interfere (taxes; disincentives) and get higher prices… as we’ve found out.

Treating it as non profitable won’t supply the housing we need - why build at a loss? Taxing alternative uses is ‘fiddling while Rome burns’ as it doesn’t solve the actual problem of being uneconomic to supply more housing stock.
My thinking is housing is all a supply problem. We provide enough housing and competition will lower pricing and rent. We have had decades of chronic under supply.

In my opinion both sides of governments have been happy to kept prices high and growing, through very restrictive planning and building laws.

Capital gains taxes, bed taxes, foreigners buying,, greedy landlords, etc are all deliberate distractions because our politicians don’t want to address the actual problem.

It’s better to build an economy on rising immigration and house prices. Short term easy road with long term negative consequences.

Please stop falling for the greedy landlords or more taxes being the fix for anything.

My christmas gift:
Supply and demand? Not when you artificially lift immigration, create monopolies on building supplies, take away apprenticeships, allow leaky building syndrome to cost us 50bn and counting and just basically nz can't build on scale in the private sector, only the govt can.

We don't buy second hand food. Or 50 year old run down mouldy second hand cars and clothing at highly exaggerated prices driven by artificial demand, tax free to make the wealthy even wealthier. They actually depreciate

Cannot stand that Hooton cunt.
Sells his soul to the highest bidder.
I thought a few weeks ago you were turning around to Brown and had respect for what he was doing, even if you don’t like the guy?

Or did I get that wrong.

Years of living beyond their means in our main cities prioritising nice to haves over essentials is catching up to our broke councils now isn’t it?

My christmas gift:
Supply and demand? Not when you artificially lift immigration, create monopolies on building supplies, take away apprenticeships, allow leaky building syndrome to cost us 50bn and counting and just basically nz can't build on scale in the private sector, only the govt can.

We don't buy second hand food. Or second hand cars and clothing at highly exaggerated prices driven by artificial demand, tax free to make the wealthy even wealthier. They actually depreciate
Houses depreciate but the land under them goes up more than the building drops.

We have a land problem in NZ not an house problem. Artificially restricted by urban boundaries and planning rules.

I thought a few weeks ago you were turning around to Brown and had respect for what he was doing, even if you don’t like the guy?

Or did I get that wrong.

Years of living beyond their means in our main cities prioritising nice to haves over essentials is catching up to our broke councils now isn’t it?
That's what happens when you allow massive untrammelled growth while at the same time not charging developers for infrastructure, heaping more strain on the existing and having mass immigration forced on you.

AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!! MUST. LEAVE. NZWARRIORS AND KEYBOARD UNTIL JANUARY.

Houses depreciate but the land under them goes up more than the building drops.

We have a land problem in NZ not an house problem. Artificially restricted by urban boundaries and planning rules.
We can't keep sprawling and not building viable infrostructure, while using up land that should be food production only

We can't keep sprawling and not building viable infrostructure, while using up land that should be food production only
I agree… if we allow 30 story towers everywhere; high density; zero concern for neighbours or affects on the community…

But to do anything has barriers upon barriers upon barriers. Nothing is as of right. All council controlled to limit housing to where and how council wants it

Which is all good except they have either failed… or succeeded in deliberately keep supply low.

I agree… if we allow 30 story towers everywhere; high density; zero concern for neighbours or affects on the community…

But to do anything has barriers upon barriers upon barriers. Nothing is as of right. All council controlled to limit housing to where and how council wants it

Which is all good except they have either failed… or succeeded in deliberately keep supply low.
I thought the new coalition government were passing legislation to force TA's to plan infrastructure for up to 50 years in advance of sprawl. Does that sound right?

I thought the new coalition government were passing legislation to force TA's to plan infrastructure for up to 50 years in advance of sprawl. Does that sound right?
I think there’s already 30 year plans in place - future urban areas.

If 30 year planning isn’t achieving enough supply then 50 years won’t help much 🤣

To give councils their dues, I don’t think they can afford the infrastructure to open up the land in advance.

I think there’s already 30 year plans in place - future urban areas.

If 30 year planning isn’t achieving enough supply then 50 years won’t help much 🤣

To give councils their dues, I don’t think they can afford the infrastructure to open up the land in advance.
Yeah I believe the central government is leading local governments to sort their shit out, get their house in order. The budgets and planning need better planning and allocation across ALL public service needs reigning in and to be targeted at fundamental needs.
Super City really is a crock and Auckland has a big target on its back..

My christmas gift:

We don't buy second hand food. Or 50 year old run down mouldy second hand cars and clothing at highly exaggerated prices driven by artificial demand, tax free to make the wealthy even wealthier. They actually depreciate
The Govt can't build large scale developments. They are piss poor developers even on their own land, slow and expensive. They rely on private sector builders anyway. Quite a few of these have gone under recently as they have tried to tailor their business and resources that haven't aligned with the HNZ contracts because HNZ has dithered about having no regard to private sector overheads.
In the old days of State Advances (HNZ )they employed their own building teams and houses could be built without any resource or building consents, they were exempt.

The Govt can't build large scale developments. They are piss poor developers even on their own land, slow and expensive. They rely on private sector builders anyway. Quite a few of these have gone under recently as they have tried to tailor their business and resources that haven't aligned with the HNZ contracts because HNZ has dithered about having no regard to private sector overheads.
In the old days of State Advances (HNZ )they employed their own building teams and houses could be built without any resource or building consents, they were exempt.
The government are multi dimensional. We as a nation have done it before.

As I've stated, quite a few times now, all of these things have complexity and depth, which seldom get explored here because anyone sane would actually want to spend time with their families and watch the warriors, and the black caps (well, maybe not lately) :)

And State Advances iirc would accept a deposit based on Child Welfare payments capitalisation.
Pretty sure that was how it worked

Yeah I believe the central government is leading local governments to sort their shit out, get their house in order. The budgets and planning need better planning and allocation across ALL public service needs reigning in and to be targeted at fundamental needs.
Super City really is a crock and Auckland has a big target on its back..
Super city was Rodney Hide

Back