General Bulldog Vs Skinner.

da mad maori

Gentlemen Are you ready. Ladies and gentlemen you want to know what posting is, then read what these two have to say about this topic. It is a beaut. Remember gentlemen, 500 words or MORE.

Should Mick have RETURNED to defend his actions re-salary cap'.

Bulldog you have drawn "negative'. Tell us why it best he stayed away

Skinner, in your own words, tell us why he should have returned.

Good luck gentlemen.

You have up to and including thursday to reply to this topic.

Iafeta_old

Skinner, and Bulldog. Skinz mate, you have a Wests Magpies logo in another forum, and Bulldog, well, Bulldog the nickname need I say anymore.

I'm already deducting a point each off you :p

Bulldog_old

..err DMM, just one question before the fingers hit the keyboard brother- who are the judges again? I've got your good self, Iafeta & Mosh - any others?

Skinner_old

Bulldog said:
..err DMM, just one question before the fingers hit the keyboard brother- who are the judges again? I've got your good self, Iafeta & Mosh - any others?

Ah......I see, the old playing the game to the referee trick.....

A typical Doggy game plan....

Iafeta_old

Bulldog, almost sounds like you want to cater to who your judges are... Tsk tsk tsk.

By the way, I'll PM you my bank details, should oh I don't know, monies accidentally find their way into my account Australian Wheat Board style, just like Alexander Downer we'll all say "I don't recall how it got there.." :)

Skinner_old

Iafeta said:
Bulldog, almost sounds like you want to cater to who your judges are... Tsk tsk tsk.

By the way, I'll PM you my bank details, should oh I don't know, monies accidentally find their way into my account Australian Wheat Board style, just like Alexander Downer we'll all say "I don't recall how it got there.." :)

.....but my people did a great job.....unbelievable

da mad maori

The judges are, LeagueNut, IanS, Polar Bob, and Iafeta.
I have nothing to do with the judging cause you fulla's might use long words that I dont understand.

da mad maori

SPECTATORS, THE COUNT-DOWN HAS STARTED. THERE WILL BE NO MORE POST'S TIL AFTER BOTH CONTESTANTS HAVE SUBMITTED THEIR ENTRIES.

I MEAN BOTH CONTESTANTS.

Skinner_old

Mick Watson : Case for the prosecution
(Words 602)

On the 21st of February this year, the National Rugby League announced that they were investigating the New Zealand Warriors for "a number of previously undisclosed issues announcement went on to say that "the Warriors underwent a significant restructure of senior management positions last year".

Thus the Rugby League public and specifically the NZ Warriors fan base were alerted to the fact that all was not well with the franchise operating out Penrose in Auckland. Current senior management and the Board of Directors for Cullen Sports immediately laid the blame firmly at the feet of former CEO, Mick Watson, and denied any knowledge of wrong doing.

Whilst keeping their cards close to their chest, the NRL, through it’s Auditor, Ian Schubert, indicated that there were issues with player payments and benefits not being fully declared and certain issues pertaining to player agents. The Trans-Tasman media were widely reporting that the alleged offence would attract a very heavy fine plus a loss of competition points prior to the season commencing.

Watson, who had just arrived back from a business trip to Canada, initially told the Sydney Morning Herald (23/02/06) that he had nothing to hide. He said that “if it was about technical disputes or some sort of mistake of that nature†then he would take ownership for that. He indicated that he would be “willing†to talk to the NRL. To this day, he has not, nor has he publicly admitted any wrong doing.

All of the above, of course, is now fish and chip wrapping, and everyone knows that the NZ Warriors were fined $430,000, docked four competition points as well as having their salary cap spending capacity effectively reduced for the 07 season.

Everyone also now knows that the NZ Warrior’s two, high profile, signings of Steve Price and Rueben Wiki and their respective managers were implicated in the salary cap breach determined by the NRL Auditor. The other damning fact that is in the public arena, is that a sum of money ($40k) was diverted through the Sydney marketing company owned by Mick Watson’s brother-in-law, Perry Lopez. This money was passed on to George Mimis, Steve Price’s manager.

Throughout the entire agonising process, almost every finger of guilt has pointed very firmly in the direction of Mick Watson. From the initial hand written notes on players files, that led to the investigation, to the final, damning, discovery of money diversion to his relation’s company in Sydney, his culpability has been ubiquitous.

After initially saying he was happy to front with the NRL, he backed away, hiding behind the fact that he no longer worked for the company (although, you would have to imagine he did this following legal advice). By doing this, he has not afforded the fans, the very people who helped paid his salary, any sense of closure whatsoever. The fans are left, hollow and empty, and watching their team compete in a season with little or no hope of being successful.

What is done, is done, and cannot be undone, and the current management is to be congratulated for their transparency in dealing with the audit. The same cannot be said for Mick Watson. Apart from the moral aspect of the breach and his unpaid debt to the fans, there is a legal aspect that does not seem to have been examined.

Currently, in the US , former senior executives of the Enron Corporation are on trial for “accounting fraudâ€Â. Watson’s crime is no less than these individuals.

Mick, for the fansyou ignored for most of your tenure, come back and “fess upâ€Â

Bulldog_old

Should Mick Watson Return to Explain? Pleading the Negative.
(600 words or thereabouts)

My friends, there is an old saying – “There are none so blind as those who will not see.†I put it to you my fellow league followers, that we have all covered ourselves under a veil of darkness, ignoring the very fact that every single club in the NRL are rorting the salary cap! “Goodness gracious me, no that’s not possible!!†I hear some of you say. Good people, how many times do we need to hear it from former players, administrators, and even current club bosses (admittedly under anonymity) that this dreaded breach of the salary cap is an institution in itself! They have been doing it for years! We have even heard from our own former league great, Matthew Ridge, of how his former club, Manly, “topped†up his salary by arranging employment with a brewery where all he had to do was walk in one door and out the other to complete a hard day’s work! Remember, that was some 16 years ago, so they’ve been at it for some time.

Wake up my friends, the NRL is an Australian set-up. Yes, “Australianâ€Â, which means of course, it’s from Australia (no second guesses there), that former penal colony, now filled with the sorry descendants of those sheep stealers and generally dishonest scum jettisoned by Mother England so long ago. So when Mick Watson (say, isn’t he Australian?) decided to “bend†the NRL rules a little by channeling funds through his brother in law’s company, the man was simply following good old Aussie tradition, for crying out loud! It’s in his blood! I mean, has anyone ever met an honest Australian? Its second nature to these fellows let me tell you.

So, how did all this “rorting†by the Warriors come to light? Was the information extracted from Mick Watson through means of slow and painful torture? No, certainly not. Did Mick all of sudden, without logical explanation, fall on his knee caps shaking, crying out “I have seen the light!!†a la Jake Blues and then proceed to confess past misdeeds? I think not. Remember what I said, Australians and honesty don’t go hand in hand. No my friends, you see even before the 2006 season has come to an end, and well before all the awards are handed out for on and off field achievements, one distinct award has already been given out. The “Whistle Blower of the Year†award goes to none other than that former shampoo salesman, now current Warriors CEO, Wayne Scurrah. Mr Scurrah uncovered Mick’s plan of “circumventing†(please, I do not want to hear anyone say “cheatâ€Â) the salary cap. Our Wayne went further of course, and hung out all the Warriors dirty linen in full view of salary cap sheriff, Ian Schubert. Suddenly, and quicker than you can say “tie me Warriors down sportâ€Â, the Warriors are not only minus 4 points before the season has kicked off, but they are also out of pocket by some $430,000! The question is, could all the Warriors salary cap problems have been avoided if Mr Goody Two Shoes had just kept quiet and let Mick’s plan proceed unnoticed? I plead an emphatic “Yes!â€Â

Did anyone notice any other NRL club CEO hanging out their dirty washing? Nope, not a single one.

Ladies and gentlemen, the question is asked - should Mick Watson come back and explain himself? I say no. Mick Watson didn’t open the can of worms, so why should he be asked to come back and close it? Why play under a different set of rules and punish yourself unnecessarily when its obvious all the others play to another set of rules?

da mad maori

Well, well, if these two submissions are the fore-runner of whats to come, then I would say "bring it on. Well done gentlemen. I congratulate you both on what you both have submitted.
I now leave it open to discussion, from the members and then I'll let the judges make their call.
Glad I aint a judge.
Once again...WELL DONE.