Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be a global 1 percenter, you need a net worth of over $1.0 mill USD ($1.7mill NZD) and you are amongst those who own over 45.8% of the world's wealth.
To be a global 12 percenter, you need a net worth of between $100,000 to $1.0 mill USD ($170,000 to $1.7 mill NZD) and you are amongst those who own over 39.4% of the world's wealth.
To be a global 34 percenter, you need a net worth of between $10,000 to $100,000 USD ($17,000 to $170,000 NZD) and you are amongst those who own over 13.6% of the world's wealth.
But over 53% of the world's population have a net worth of less than $10,000 USD ($17,000 NZD) and they own only 1.1% of the world's wealth.

Figures are from the Global Wealth Report 2023.

We talk about how poor New Zealander's are at saving, yet globally NZ ranks 6th in the world for mean net worth and 4th in the world for median net worth....

View attachment 4030
Eye opening disparities Mike. NZ is up with the rich listers yet we still have degrees of poverty, food & housing insecurity.

Self-sabotager with low self-worth aye. You're pretty hard on yourself bro, if it makes you feel any better you're probably still the 1% in terms of relative global incomes. Practically an elite when you look at it like that.

Yeah, self sabotager hard.

I'm about halfway between median wage and a 6-figure income and fully aware I'm way better off than many in NZ let alone most of the third world.

Gratitude is still hard though when your brain is chocka full of couldashouldawoulda's.

Anyway, back to politics, I'll leave the sob story there 😅

To be a global 1 percenter, you need a net worth of over $1.0 mill USD ($1.7mill NZD) and you are amongst those who own over 45.8% of the world's wealth.
To be a global 12 percenter, you need a net worth of between $100,000 to $1.0 mill USD ($170,000 to $1.7 mill NZD) and you are amongst those who own over 39.4% of the world's wealth.
To be a global 34 percenter, you need a net worth of between $10,000 to $100,000 USD ($17,000 to $170,000 NZD) and you are amongst those who own over 13.6% of the world's wealth.
But over 53% of the world's population have a net worth of less than $10,000 USD ($17,000 NZD) and they own only 1.1% of the world's wealth.

Figures are from the Global Wealth Report 2023.

We talk about how poor New Zealander's are at saving, yet globally NZ ranks 6th in the world for mean net worth and 4th in the world for median net worth....

View attachment 4030
Are these statistics as bullshit as the statistics that say there is a pay disparity between genders?

Are these statistics as bullshit as the statistics that say there is a pay disparity between genders?
They‘re from the UBS 2023 Global Wealth Report…..

Winston going a bit off the deep end with this one:

1698254278844.png

Is it right. that in one of his last official roles as Sports Minister, GrantR should be flying across to Paris to watch the final of the Rugby World Cup when we have an Ambassador to Ireland who was a former Sports Minister and Speaker of the House and a former Deputy Leader of the Labour and Foreign Affairs Minister in London who is the High Commissioner to the United Kingdom.... both less than 2 hours flight time from Paris? Or is this just further proof that GrantR isn't as fiscally responsible as he claimed to be?

I was watching a YT video who just introduced a song with lyrics about someone saying "What dumb shit did she say this week".

Could easily be re-worked for NZ politics.

Mark Mitchell cover up gang tattoos with foundation.

Peters take on the March 15 attacks. He was in the government at the time he would have been briefed on everything at the time. I haven't been reading anything on this inquiry but surely if something like this was disclosed it would have made headlines. He tweets like something scandalous was exposed instead it is denounced with facts that were announced at the time.

I was watching a YT video who just introduced a song with lyrics about someone saying "What dumb shit did she say this week".

Could easily be re-worked for NZ politics.

Mark Mitchell cover up gang tattoos with foundation.

Peters take on the March 15 attacks. He was in the government at the time he would have been briefed on everything at the time. I haven't been reading anything on this inquiry but surely if something like this was disclosed it would have made headlines. He tweets like something scandalous was exposed instead it is denounced with facts that were announced at the time.
Winnie worked out long ago that sensational headlines brings him the limelight his ego desires. Remember his claims that the Pike River mine could be made safe and he was going to be the first person down it?

Last edited:
The leniency shown to gangs over the last 6 years has been abhorrent.

The more done to give police more options against them and make life uncomfortable for them the better.

If you are dumb enough to get yourself tattooed with gang insignia then bad luck.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The more done to give police more options against them and make life uncomfortable for them the better.

If you are dumb enough to get yourself tattooed with gang insignia then bad luck.

Unfortunately with Mitchells ''shit for brains" remark it seems like nothing much will change.

Winston going a bit off the deep end with this one:

View attachment 4077
I knew she got sent the video. I read it at the time.

Winston might be having memory issues as he gets older 😳

This is the one you blame on a junior staff member posting in error… come to think of it, it’s more than likely the old geriatric doesn’t actually do his own social media posts!

I'm curious to hear other party leaders responses....
When questioned on Breakfast this morning all Simeon would say "you better get Winnie on your show.
Hes head of his on party"or similar.
Augurs well for the future .;);)

What I find interesting there's a problem with what Jacinda said at the Press Conference the next day after the shootings (as released this morning from the PM's office). She said that nine minutes before the shooting started, some thirty people received the gunman's manifesto and, at the press conference, she stated the email didn't identify any targets.

Yet, at the Coroners Inquiry, a Parliamentary staffer who received the same email, phoned the Police on the 111 service and identified the mosques that were going to be attacked. Last night the News played the 111 call stating the targets BUT the PM said the email received didn't include targets.

Little wonder that the Royal Commissions brief didn't include when that email was sent out and it's subject.

What I find interesting there's a problem with what Jacinda said at the Press Conference the next day after the shootings (as released this morning from the PM's office). She said that nine minutes before the shooting started, some thirty people received the gunman's manifesto and, at the press conference, she stated the email didn't identify any targets.

Yet, at the Coroners Inquiry, a Parliamentary staffer who received the same email, phoned the Police on the 111 service and identified the mosques that were going to be attacked. Last night the News played the 111 call stating the targets BUT the PM said the email received didn't include targets.

Little wonder that the Royal Commissions brief didn't include when that email was sent out and it's subject.
Guess it will be the equivalent of the pike river mine for the previous government where some will say more could have been done.

I’m see you have a keen understanding of the socioeconomic psychology of gangs. I got a revolutionary idea, let’s be tough on crime!!! Let me know what you think.

I’m see you have a keen understanding of the socioeconomic psychology of gangs. I got a revolutionary idea, let’s be tough on crime!!! Let me know what you think.
IMO the socioeconomic psychology of gangs has no impact on whether we as a society should be lenient on law breakers.

Being tough on crime is one aspect of addressing a massive problem we are currently having. It certainly shouldn't be the only option.

Guess it will be the equivalent of the pike river mine for the previous government where some will say more could have been done.
I get the feeling Ardern was very careful in the words she choose. The manifesto was attached to the email. She said the manifesto didn’t identify the targets but never mentioned the email. It certainly doesn‘t look good for her since a Parliamentary staff member phoned the police about the email.….. something she “ignored” at the Press Conference.

Got to wonder why the others who received an email identifying targets didn’t bother phoning the police.

But I guess that wouldn‘t have helped her “they are us” and international Christchurch Call profile.

Back