Pick Your Team 2023 Warriors vs Knights - Week 2 Finals (Pick Your Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox sports have reportedly changed their kick off time for next Saturday to 4:05pm AEST…
Screenshot_2023-09-10-15-28-15-29_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

From their website.
Obviously not "official" but looking verrrry likely now

I see our left edge players are copping a lot in here.

They were targeted and fatigue got them in the end. It happens, exhausted players against the best side in the comp will get carved up.
You are having an absolute laugh mate.

Pompey didn't even get off the plane, he got an absolute bath for 80mins out there up against a stop gap second rower. The amount of times he got burnt for speed yesterday was unreal, he looked like he was running in quicksand, and his decision making was horrendous. You can't use fatigue as a factor, go back and watch what he did during the first try 6mins in. That continued for a further 80 minutes.

I was honestly shocked with his lack of speed in defence yesterday.

Not even going to get started on Ford over Curran.

Pompey didn't even get off the plane, he got an absolute bath for 80mins out there up against a stop gap second rower. The amount of times he got burnt for speed yesterday was unreal, he looked like he was running in quicksand, and his decision making was horrendous. You can't use fatigue as a factor, go back and watch what he did during the first try 6mins in. That continued for a further 80 minutes.

Fair

This isn’t anything we didn’t already know

Webby knows it

Pompey has flaws

That’s why we recruited RTS

But we have to make the best of what we have now.

Finals is no time to be making unnecessary changes to the line up

Fair

This isn’t anything we didn’t already know

Webby knows it

Pompey has flaws

That’s why we recruited RTS

But we have to make the best of what we have now.

Finals is no time to be making unnecessary changes to the line up
Definitely not saying needs to be swapped, as that wouldn't fix anything at this stage.

Just calling a spade a spade, it was deer in the headlights stuff.

Watch the highlights and watch Ford standing doing nothing because he was clueless on all those movements.
Pompey had a horrid game but to his right the problem starts.

Ford doesn't know where to stand and he doesn't know how to chase inside out till too late.

BTW the Panthers first try our entire line was a cluster fk I spose that is Pompeys fault too.

Watch the highlights and watch Ford standing doing nothing because he was clueless on all those movements.
Pompey had a horrid game but to his right the problem starts.

Ford doesn't know where to stand and he doesn't know how to chase inside out till too late.
I think they are both as bad as eachother for different reasons.

Why Curran didn't/doesn't start over Ford I will never understand, and then only get what 25mins taking Niukore off not even Ford.

We showed some really good defence and also some bad decision making. Cleary beat Barnett twice running inside the 20 in the first half. Almost like he was looking for that option

We showed some really good defence and also some bad decision making. Cleary beat Barnett twice running inside the 20 in the first half. Almost like he was looking for that option
Those incidents of Cleary vs Barnett and some others were terrible.

Pretty sure we can sort our defence this week for a Knights or Raiders opponent and then we will be fine the week after, whoever we play.

Picking Johnson to start but doubt he'll last the game. Bench absolutely critical this week.

Who's on it? NFI but a genuine half would be good.

Real left field but Farr to me is one of the unrecognised stars in the reggies. Covers stand off, half, wing, fullback, can kick and puts in

Does anyone know if Tuaupiki has a boot?

Dude has a clean record

There was nothing in it

Even webby said he looked at the replay 4 times and was absolutely fine with it

All youse asking to drop Pompey and Montoya and everyone else you don’t like. You fuckers really have no idea do you?? 😂
Exactly mate. These are the guys who got us to fourth place.
Now everyone is putting shit on them.
Fuckin short memories.
We are supposed to be a close club.
Nothing good comes out of shitting on your teammates after an unsuccessful game .
Good people close ranks and support the guys.
Don't forget Penrith is quite possibly the best team in the modern era.
Sorry guys but some of your posts are unintelligent

Last edited:
If SJ is 50-75% then put him on the bench in Lussicks spot.

The Mt Smart roar when he comes on would be as legendary as the Steve Price walk around the field pre-Roosters Semi Final in 2008

Anyone who has Siro over Ale, please explain what Siro has over Ale that Walker and Curran don't already cover.

Watch the first game vs Knights when Egan was off, check Walker and Jazz’s services to SJ compared to Siro.

Night and day. Rainbow lollipop vs Egan lite flat bullets. And you also keep Walker in the role he does the best.

Yes, and we have been running teams off their feet by interchanging players with good leg speed. Hard to get over the top of teams if we are leaving Curran on the bench until late in the game and Lussick only get a handful of minutes. Panthers were clinical and we made too many errors, but they managed their interchanges well and didn't get put under fatigue or pressure often enough because of it.

Get Walker back on the bench and playing in the middle. Sironen OR Lussick not both. I go with Sironen because he can cover hooker but is utilised as a second rower - Lussick I like, but he is an out and out Hooker only. Curran or Ford, I don't mind who starts or who is on the bench but Curran needs more minutes. Barnett off the bench lifts us and Bunty can absorb 20 minutes of early game intensity.

It's worked well for us the majority of the season yet we seem to have gone away from it and our process for the last few games. Hearing Webster and Tohu talking about players going away from what we want to do raises so many questions. Are they not mentally tough enough to handle being where we are? Do they not believe in themselves and their team mates despite our great results? Have they just been hidden by the good results and not targeted by weaker teams? Whatever it is, AW has a week to get them back on track.

I really want to know specifically what they meant by going away from the system. Is it the defense marking? Is it the attacking moves? Barnett got a rare offload away and we scored 😂

Curran was involved with 2 long range tries in 2 weeks, maybe he needs to come on with Walker and Barnett at 20min and blitz the other team away. Don’t know about Ford on the bench, no attacking impact lol

I guess there is a fine line between loyalty to individual players, and what is best for a team.
The season is on the line next week, so based on who is available, the best players for the game plan, should be picked.
Hastings isn't 100% and is playing today because it's a sudden death match, SJ will do the same unless he is actually proper injured.

knights in the lead who do u want to meet with any of there injuries that might help us 21mins to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back