Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Yep and to put it into context, people who are calling for Su'a, Su'a has lesser statistics in most of those areas than Taumalolo in 2023, in what was one of Jadyns better years. Su'a is reportedly on 600k a year.

Su'a - 2023
Ave Metres: 91m
Offloads pg: 1.5
Tackle Breaks pg: 1.9
Ave Mins: 74

Not sure why we would even want him as he plays predominantly second row. Not even worth a trade as he is offcontract in 2024 anyway. Really strange that he is even being mooted as trade bait.
I’m guessing it’s all just journalists trying to guess what’s going on - they need a player from the Dragons to fit the narrative & Su’a is the best they could come up with.

Sheesh, Scraping the bottom of the barrel with this Su'A talk. Capewell would be a good signing. But these rumours sound like we need more experience in our forward pack. Like Tohu, Barnett , Niukore & Afoa aren't experienced enough? Lol.

What's the fascination with Terrell May? Great potential. Haven't seen enough of him to make me think ' Yes, Fuck Afb lets sign him!" Lol.
He's around 6ft - 6ft-1. 108kg. Marata is just as big and just as abrasive at 6ft 3 - 106 - 108kg. And has the frame to put more weight on.

If we are stuck with Afoa, Barnett & Niukore as our prop options. Can we please at least target one different body shape , Big tall & heavy fuck off prop. A Utoikamanu, Nas type. Someone over 110kg please lol.

There's no way I'd say no to Taumalolo. Injuries have hit him hard. End of this season he looked good off the bench. And can still make yards better than anyone. He still has tremendous footwork & speed for a big fulla. If we can get him and Cowboys pay some of his contract to ship him off to us. Then we can go after someone like May as well?

Do we actually think these reports of us looking at Su'a, Kikau and Paps are true, or is the media basically naming any brown fulla who plays in the forward pack of the teams who are interested in AFB?

While Papa has been spoken about, I haven't heard Su'a or Kikaus name thrown about until this article....does the writer have some inside goss or is this a crock of shit?

For me, Uale-Hamlin is off contract and has NZ connections. If we could sign him (or som one else) for 2025 seperate to the AFB drama, it gives us a bit of a buffer as in were not trying to get 2 players to jump ship, or not try and get a 'like for like' player back for Addin. For example it would be much easier going to Tigers or Dragons for Paps or Lawrie.

Also, not sure if anyone's considered Jackson Ford in any of this - signed for the end of next year too, if he was hoping to come over here and play a few years and try and earn a contract back home, he could be a bargaining chip too? I'd prefer to keep him but if that was the case and he wanted to head home, a forward pack of:

BHU
Egan
Niukore
Papali
Capewell
Tohu

Walker
Barnett

Looks pretty good to me

“If he wants to come and talk to us about this year we’re certainly willing to but we respect the fact that he has a contract with Brisbane.”

He also revealed that the Warriors’ offer was still on the cards for the 2025 season and beyond amid emerging frustrations at Red Hill.

“We’ve (offered) a longer-term option here for him, he’s on the market for 2025 and that’s what we’re looking at,” George said.

“If that was to eventuate and him and Brisbane decided that there an option for this year for us to talk about, we’d be happy to do that.

Apparently looking at Capewell for 3 years from '25 as well.

Scrap this Taumalolo talk, it's never going to happen.

Go hell for leather for Terrell May.

Then get a depth prop as swap for AFB and bank the cap space.
Shit I’d say there’s even less of a chance of getting May here- he’s got no connection to nz and Trent Robinson has big wraps on him- the roosters don’t lose the ones they want to keep- and if he was looking for big money offers there’d be plenty in Sydney.
Taumalolo is the more realistic option- the cowboys would love to offload him.
Wether he’s a good option is another question…

“If he wants to come and talk to us about this year we’re certainly willing to but we respect the fact that he has a contract with Brisbane.”

He also revealed that the Warriors’ offer was still on the cards for the 2025 season and beyond amid emerging frustrations at Red Hill.

“We’ve (offered) a longer-term option here for him, he’s on the market for 2025 and that’s what we’re looking at,” George said.

“If that was to eventuate and him and Brisbane decided that there an option for this year for us to talk about, we’d be happy to do that.

Apparently looking at Capewell for 3 years from '25 as well.

Mm, surely it would be 2 years from 2025, or 3 years from 2024?

If it was the case that we have offered 3 years from 2025, I’m gotta say, I do not trust Webby on that

Back