Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Before a St George, I think, game last year someone visited their forum and they called our back line potent. The only potency we had at the time was SJ and Dallin with perhaps a pass mark to CNK.
Next year, and the 2024 season is still called next year until Jan 1st, we will add RTS to our strike in our backs. Counting the halves there are 7 back positions. We will have 3 out of 7 with strike. Giving a pass to CNK that is 4 out 7 with good strike. If next year is to be our championship window then we need 5 out of 7 or 6 out of 7. We need a standoff who offers something. Perhaps this could be Metcalf? It won't be TMM based on this year's season. Can CHT break out? We need either Montoya's position or Pompey's centre position to pay off next year. Broncos only had one passenger in their backline. The rest of the Broncos backline was strike right across the field.
"Personally am happy with our outside backs"
For a top 8 finish we are set like a jelly. We want to push for the gold medal next year and Starford could help by providing genuine strike power on Montoya's wing.
Leiataua could be that guy though. Would make a play for Taruva or may from the Panthers though 😎

Some pretty big movement with the roster this year. Wiliame released, both Kepus released, Vailea released, Curran and Volkman released, Berry, Sifakula, Laban and Zyon Maiu’u given contracts/extensions, RTS, CHT and Capewell signed with SJ, Harris, Pompey, Montoya all extended too. as well as Ford Cappy and Webby making some pretty significant changes, seems they've got a good idea of what they're after.

Seems to me a bit more of a focus towards Kiwi talent and players who want to be here. Professionalism and guys who want to win but also have to be good blokes, really like what they're building.

I reckon a monster prop signing incoming for 24 to replace AFB…

It feels like moves are being made with Ronnie going…
My hunch is that I doubt we initiated the Dragons acquisition - however now that it has opportunistically arrived we will indeed do something with the spot

Leiataua could be that guy though. Would make a play for Taruva or may from the Panthers though I c😎
I believe this. But can't get past my nagging hunch he will never have an NRL career and be like Nathaniel Roache. A what might have been player. Right now he has one legendary and amazing NRL game to his credit. And then he got injured. Some guys are just injury prone. Part of being successful is just avoiding injury.

I believe this. But can't get past my nagging hunch he will never have an NRL career and be like Nathaniel Roache. A what might have been player. Right now he has one legendary and amazing NRL game to his credit. And then he got injured. Some guys are just injury prone. Part of being successful is just avoiding injury.
Which, even though I offered him in a trade a few posts earlier, Pompey is so valuable. He turns up every game with an honest performance.

Leiataua is a gun. Let's eat!

Last edited:
Can the Warriors please come out and say he wasn't in our plans for 2024, sounds like the Dragons stole him from us

(The Dragons have reportedly poached Warriors halfback Ronald Volkman with an immediate switch to bolster their playmaking depth for 2024.)

He asked for a release, and we granted it. Dragons were not allowed to even talk to him without our permission. Bit of a shame, he was probably the 2nd best kicker in the squad. But it's the best for Volkman. After being overlooked for Walker last year, writing on the wall with where his development is. With CHT basically taking the back up 7 with Metcalf and TMM at 6, it makes sense for him to go. Hopefully one of the 2 young Aussies half's shine this season and lock in a Volkman like role for 2025.

My Wishlist for AFB replacement.

One of Either....
G Neame
L Thompson
R C Gillard
S Utoikamanu

Make it happen, Cappy!

I just had a little look, and Utoikamanu was resigned in Jan 22, prior to playing origin and the Tigers getting back to back spoons. He has a mutual option for 2025 with tigers at this stage.

Not sure how much he's currently on but I doubt it would be much higher than $400k as he had only played one year of NRL, so that would mean if the Tigers want him they probably need to offer a couple more hundred K from 2025.

I wonder if Tigers have another poor start to the year and we start well, that an offer for 2025 of say 750k from us would be attractive - would be close to double what he's getting now and could play for a team that looks on the up.

Anyways, just one more present in hoping for under the Warriors Christmas tree in 2024 haha

I just had a little look, and Utoikamanu was resigned in Jan 22, prior to playing origin and the Tigers getting back to back spoons. He has a mutual option for 2025 with tigers at this stage.

Not sure how much he's currently on but I doubt it would be much higher than $400k as he had only played one year of NRL, so that would mean if the Tigers want him they probably need to offer a couple more hundred K from 2025.

I wonder if Tigers have another poor start to the year and we start well, that an offer for 2025 of say 750k from us would be attractive - would be close to double what he's getting now and could play for a team that looks on the up.

Anyways, just one more present in hoping for under the Warriors Christmas tree in 2024 haha
I could be wrong but pretty sure I read he was already $750k. His contract has clauses that meant he would have been a free agent if the tigers didn’t make the top 8 this year. He then chose to remove those clauses as he wanted to stay with the tigers 🤪🤪 not sure if they ended up getting removed or not.

Back