Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
That's quite generous Wrighty...I wouldn't list our other halves as B+ level at all. So far anyways.

Metcalf - looking good at the moment but still only 30 odd games. Some good moments but plenty to work on. C-

TMM - looks like a classy player with deft touches, but so far hasn't evidenced that he can lead a team around. C-

CHT - All heart no skill. Haha no, I jest. Yet to see what the 2024 version offers but the one before that had great D, great heart but not much as a half. D

Hanson - still young, I don't think he sees regular first grade til at least 2026. Can't give him a rating.

Hastings - kicks well. Former man of steel. Can lead a team around the park. Full time arsehole tho. B rating.

Him and Metcalf would be a pretty decent halves combo imo, assuming Metcalf continues to grow this year. But yeah, again I think he'd be one of the best options to replace SJ when he hangs the boots up.
But again, I don't think it will happen. Wouldn't be mad at it if it did tho.

Nas and Hastings to replace AFB and SJ....I'd take that in a heartbeat haha
On Metcalf's kicking game, does he have a long punt, high bomb, spiral kick? Haven't seen much of it in first grade, be interesting to see him have a crack at 7 at some stage to assess.

So many plausible destinations for Terrell and Taylan May. Dragons reportedly into the mix and bulldogs interested again too. Certainly sounds like panthers won’t keeping Taylan so then there’s potential of him joining Terrell at the roosters? Then there’s the eels who have released a couple of top 30 players being props and keen on an outside back but perhaps still would be short of cap with some expensive players? Most interesting is the storm who are interested in Taylan reportedly and wonder if that’s where NAS on the outer comes from if the May brothers go as a a duo to a club? But is Sydney where they want to be where their family is?

Last edited:
So many plausible destinations for Terrell and Taylan May. Dragons reportedly into the mix and bulldogs interested again too. Certainly sounds like panthers won’t keeping Taylan so then there’s potential of him joining Terrell at the roosters? Then there’s the eels who have released a couple of top 30 players being props and keen on an outside back but perhaps still would be short of cap with some expensive players? Most interesting is the storm who are interested in Taylan reportedly and wonder if that’s where NAS on the outer comes from if the May brothers go as a a duo to a club? But is Sydney where they want to be where their family is?
I thought the latest rumour was that Taylan was signing with the Roosters?

I thought the latest rumour was that Taylan was signing with the Roosters?

Certainly seems the case but could end in a bidding war being it’s for two players that look the goods and a package deal. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is all apart of the story of NAS on the outer, had seen late last year that storm were interested in Terrell May and reports show they are chasing Taylan May. They apparently keeping an eye on Zac Lomax so are keen on a centre but maybe if they can get a front rower too it might deem them interested to shift NAS on. Would have to think roosters front runners though with all that cap space coming up and Terrell May already settled

Wonder if Souths will look at TMM, at least on a loan, if I were their officials I’d be sacking Mitchell and Walker, and bring back Burgess, why keep them when you can get the same quality with the same money with normal ethics?

Too bad Volkman has a chocolate shoulder right now

Wonder if Souths will look at TMM, at least on a loan, if I were their officials I’d be sacking Mitchell and Walker, and bring back Burgess, why keep them when you can get the same quality with the same money with normal ethics?

No loans

Trade for a big bopper middle

Or even titans regarding TMM. Boyd got absolutely owned by the bulldogs yesterday

No loans or swapsies for TMM. We are a single injury away from either a guy with a history of hammy issues, or an aging SJ from needing him in first grade!
I see Jake Arthars has asked for a release from manly. Would say there are clubs watching what halves aren’t making their clubs first grade team making approaches behind the scenes with halves in need at some clubs

I see Jake Arthars has asked for a release from manly. Would say there are clubs watching what halves aren’t making their clubs first grade team making approaches behind the scenes with halves in need at some clubs

That's interesting. I can't think of a team that would take him as a starting half right now. Maybe Raiders, but can't see it with their positive start to the year.

That's interesting. I can't think of a team that would take him as a starting half right now. Maybe Raiders, but can't see it with their positive start to the year.
With Brooks starting so promising, that might see him with limited opportunities and it’s looking like you need 4 decent halves for depth for which hopefully we stay with a complement of. Also heard that RCG could up at the dragons next year in some sort of deal to get Lomax to the eels, although Talagi having a decent debut could change things? On RCG though, I really hope we’ve got something in the works in terms of a front rower or two with some decent options continually coming up but going to other clubs