Player Brett Seymour

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/ex-nrl-player-seymour-hurt-in-uk-car-crash/tabid/10874/newsid/70947/default.aspx

Hull's Australian halfback Brett Seymour was set to be released from hospital on Monday afternoon after being involved in a car crash, the Super League club have confirmed.

Seymour was admitted to Hull Royal Infirmary after the accident involving his BMW, which occurred at Hessle in Yorkshire on Sunday night, and was visited on Monday morning by family, close friends and club officials.

"Medical examinations have revealed he suffered no serious injuries and he is expected to be discharged on Monday afternoon," said a club spokesman.

Hull say the 28-year-old Seymour will be placed on leave with immediate effect.

The former Cronulla and Brisbane NRL utility back, who joined Hull from the Warriors at the start of last season, played in Saturday's 36-16 defeat at Widnes.

Reaction score
Ranger

Ranger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Andrew Voss saying he was trying to commit suicide. Very sad, hope he gets the help he needs.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Two Players in a short period of time going into the dark suicide space.

The league might have to step up it's level of alert for the domino effect a spate can trigger.....just keep a closer eye on the lads....boost the support for all.

Reaction score

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Man I hope Buster can fight through this! I really hope he does. Really sad hearing this.

Reaction score
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Shit I thought this was just another drunken episode and was down on him for not sorting his shit out, but suicide attempts are another story. Poor bastard obviously has demons to face - I was hoping he'd have done that in his time here, as I really rated him highly. :(

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Sorry to go against the tide here but I have little time for idiots who attempt or even succeed in doing this shit...

Reaction score
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Sorry to go against the tide here but I have little time for idiots who attempt or even succeed in doing this shit...
Plenty of people get into a dark enough place to do it though mate, and it's not like they're thinking straight when they do it. So many reasons why people get into that space too - no shit, I suffered from depression and other health problems so freaking bad I spent 30 years fighting the urge to top myself (tried and luckily failed no less than 3 times). Turns out it was the effects that an undiagnosed mineral deficiency had on me, and a dollar-a-day supplement fixed it within 48 hours.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Plenty of people get into a dark enough place to do it though mate, and it's not like they're thinking straight when they do it. So many reasons why people get into that space too - no shit, I suffered from depression and other health problems so freaking bad I spent 30 years fighting the urge to top myself (tried and luckily failed no less than 3 times). Turns out it was the effects that an undiagnosed mineral deficiency had on me, and a dollar-a-day supplement fixed it within 48 hours.
What mineral is this?

Dont mean to be harsh but I had a very close family member who committed suicide and it left a huge scar on me and our family. To this day I never understood why he did it and always hated him for doing it...

Reaction score
Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Reaction score
Agreed. I can completely understand being upset at someone for committing suicide - luckily I've never been in a situation where someone I knew well did it (or attempted it) - but I think it's naive to judge someone with depression without experiencing it first hand. Suicide may not be rational, but neither is a depressed person's thought process. Both of the long term relationships I've had (and currently am in) were with people with severe depression and it's not easy.

Reaction score
Evil_Mush

Evil_Mush

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Damn, definitely feel for Seymour and his family in particular, especially with it playing out on a worldwide scale (as far as media is concerned).

Myy older brother took his own life just under 3 years ago (I'm now older than what he was when he died, which is always gonna be a strange feeling), after suffering depression most of his life, but also did so in a way that there was a degree of local coverage (newspapers) which in itself definitely had a massive effect on me and my immediate family in particular.

While you may often see them in a dark place, and while they may have help from all sides (family, medical, social, etc...), it's still definitely hard to reconcile what a person in that state is going through for them to actually come to the decision to take their own life, so I don't blame anyone for being angry or calling them selfish or whatever.
But yeah, you can't just say "BE HAPPY ALREADY!" or give them a magic potion (although it sounds like you got a lucky break there R_M!, glad to hear), mysteries of the human mind.

Hope Seymour is able to bounce back for him and his family's sakes.

Reaction score
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
What mineral is this?

Dont mean to be harsh but I had a very close family member who committed suicide and it left a huge scar on me and our family. To this day I never understood why he did it and always hated him for doing it...
I fully understand your reaction mate. It leaves a massive scar, and often has flow-on effects that do massive damage.
The mineral was magnesium mate - the deficiency ended up with me in hospital from time to time with random problems, and caused so many health defects that I was at the doctor at least 3 times a year for weird things. I'd learnt to handle the depression side of it, but it took a heavy toll on me. A sheer coincidence lead me to look into magnesium deficiency after yet another hospitalisation. Started taking magnesium citrate about a year ago and haven't had a single one of the previous symptoms. Haven't been near a doctor in the past 12 months

Reaction score
Kendrick

Kendrick

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I have huge sympathy for people who commit suicide. Depression just creeps up on you, then before you know it its invaded every aspect of your life. You don't really know why it's happened and you can't seem to stop it or find a way out. The harder you try to push yourself out of it the more exhausted and depressed you become. Then everything you used to know and take for granted gets picked up on dumped on its head, you feel like you'll never be yourself again and everything seems empty and pointless. Then the anxiety sets in.. because you're trapped, running into wall after wall trying to escape it, to the point where the anxiety and depression is all you know and your brain won't even function, you're convinced you're going insane. You believe you're a total burden to yourself and everyone around you. Unfortunately people at this stage just can't comprehend any other option and it's one of the saddest downward spirals you'll ever encounter. The sad part is most of the suffering is kept inside and not shared because of shame and confusion. Can happen to the happiest person and just strike them down. I hope he's given the support to help himself back to the light all the best mate

Reaction score
Eva

Eva

NSW Cup Player
Reaction score
I see where you're coming from. I had a cousin commit suicide a few years ago. He had a rough life but I always thought he would make it through it all. But it left a lot of hurt amongst his family, his friends and a lot of people were blaming his gf when it wasn't her fault. I sometimes get angry at people who commit/attempt suicide, I honestly don't think they know how much of an impact it will have on those around them and how much they really mean to their loved ones. But they get to the point where they can't see any of that. I just hope that THIS helps Brett Seymour get the help he desperately needs, but it really shouldn't have taken something like this to happen for his club to realise he needed help.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10872218

League: Former Warrior books into clinic

10:41 AM Tuesday Mar 19, 2013

amedia.nzherald.co.nz_webcontent_image_jpg_201310_seymour_220x147.jpg
Expand

Former Warriors halfback Brett Seymour has been booked into a clinic set up by former Arsenal defender Tony Adams to tackle his depression after he recently crashed his BMW into two parked cars.

The 28-year-old was taken to hospital on March 3 after crashing his car a day after he was heavily criticised for his performance for Hull in their defeat to Widnes. Humberside police are investigating the circumstances leading to the crash.

The Guardian newspaper reported Hull have placed Seymour on indefinite leave and that his wife Roseanne revealed on Facebook that he has been receiving help from Sporting Chance, the organisation founded by Adams to offer counselling and treatment to sportsmen and women who are struggling to cope. In 1996 Adams admitted he was an alcoholic and sought professional help.

"Brett has been getting the help he needs through a wonderful organisation called Sporting Chance and will be entering a 21-day rehabilitation clinic for his depression with them in April,'' Seymour's's wife wrote. "I pray that everyone who suffers this dark illness finds light and happiness.''

Seymour has been sacked by Brisbane and Cronulla for alcohol-related incidents and was banned from driving for seven months by New Zealand police after being convicted of drink-driving and failing to stop for police in November 2011.

He joined Hull for the 2012 season.

Reaction score
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Sad to see the bad state he's gotten into, glad he's got the chance to turn things around.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Glad he's in a Rehab clinic and not a psyche unit.

That's taking the greater problem by the horns , the addiction stuff , going to the Root cause....some people self medicate when they are depressed.

If you are an alcoholic then you can't get near / put a dent in any depression while you are in the throws of the disease

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Australian scrum-half Brett Seymour released by Hull FC

Last Updated: April 17, 2013 2:59pm
ae2.365dm.com_13_03_660x350_Brett_Seymour_Hull_FC_2909737.jpg_b9a6a5c6c072aaeb168811728649a7eb.jpg
Brett Seymour: Was involved in a traffic accident in March
Hull FC have released scrum-half Brett Seymour from his contract with the Super League club.

The 28-year-old Australian has been on compassionate leave since being involved in a traffic accident in Hessle in March.

"I wish to thank all the FC fans for their ongoing support," Seymour told the club's official website. "I have never experienced such passionate, supportive people and we are forever grateful.

"Our daughter Monroe Maria was born in Hull so this city will always hold a very special place in our hearts.

"I now focus 100 per cent on getting well.Thank you for everything."
Best wishes

Hull's director of rugby, Shaun McRae, told the club's official website: "Brett is at a stage where he needs to be concentrating on a number of important aspects of his life, other than rugby league.
"He leaves Hull FC with our best wishes for the future."

Seymour joined Hull from New Zealand Warriors on a three-year deal at the start of last season but has struggled to hold down a regular place in the team.

Last month, it was revealed he had booked into the Sporting Chance clinic to tackle depression.

Seymour has previously been sacked by two Australian clubs, Brisbane Broncos and Cronulla Sharks, for alcohol-related incidents.

He was also banned from driving for seven months by New Zealand police after being convicted of drink-driving and failing to stop for police in November 2011.

https://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12196/8645568/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hope he can find his way back and fight his demons. Probably be the end of his professional League career...

Reaction score
Beefcake

Beefcake

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Its a shame, he was one of my favourite players for the Warriors. Part of me wishes he could come back, but he needs to address other parts of his life right now.

Top Bottom