ryan1_old

I have no qualms about Tate leaving. He has too many 'big' injuries to sustain top dough. It's not a value for money proposition going forward as he further ages.

The one question I do have is, I know he's trotted out the Queensland line... but fair dinkum, North Queensland would be nigh on the last club I'd want to go to. They're far too reliant on Thurston and have a succession of neville-nobodies in and around him. I can't see them seeing finals football anytime soon. They look like an incredibly frustrating team to play for, Thurston is playing at a level so far ahead of his team-mates that the opportunities he creates the rest of the team is so far behind the 8-ball in thinking it through that it hardly ever comes off.

See ya Brent. Good luck with those lemons up in North Queensland.

In my opinion, Townsville's a bit of a dump too. Even if I had family/kids, it wouldn't rate very highly for a place to be bringing them up, although it's not a bad place to visit for a holiday.

Iafeta_old

Carney has a lot of potential. He was hot to trot when he came into first grade.

Some of those blokes you list daj... miles past it. Webb, Kaufusi, Mason... Yuck. Tonga, Thurston, Scott, at times Bowen, good players. Some of the rest, barely have reason to be fed.

By the way mate, Bolton hasn't played Origin.

They look a terribly disorganised unit. I just find them near impossible to watch. I reckon Thurston has been close to boiling point this year, his shots at the refs have to be partially down to frustration with those around him.

Spence_old

I wouldn't mind picking up Carney. With their discovery of Thompson, he probably wouldn't get jumper (barring injuries) over there. He has scored some great tries, very strong in the tackle. What's his defense like? I never really noticed.

blain91_old

Carney would be great!! Give us some good options

Locke
Carney/Inu
Inu/Moon
Ropati
Vatuvei

Then the young guys, Niko topou and ah van as back up. Carney wouldnt cost too much, 200k? Leave us plenty to get a young gun hooker and star prop.

Magic Stick_old

Fetu Talanoa and Taniela Tuiaki are off contract and could be easier too entice home,both quality wingers

But havent heard if the Warriors are interested in either of them

Iafeta_old

I heard there was a serious question mark on whether Taniela Tuiaki would play again. Certainly the Tigers have depth in wingers don't they... Tuiaki, Tuqiri, Tame Tupou, Beau Ryan, Mitch Brown.... A few good options out there.

Gundog_old

How about Michael Gordon still waiting on Penrith to sign him up as they are holding to make a play for GI. Gordon, fast, safe, kicks goals too.
We need a good hooker, we should get that Brisbane hooker, good player, McCullough or something. If we can't secure a good centre looks like Mannering may be heading back there just as a defensive centre ala Beau Scott. (If anyone of Inu, Moon, Ropo gets injured) Hopefully Locke will be ready for fullback next year.

ryan1_old

How about Michael Gordon still waiting on Penrith to sign him up as they are holding to make a play for GI. Gordon, fast, safe, kicks goals too.
We need a good hooker, we should get that Brisbane hooker, good player, McCullough or something. If we can't secure a good centre looks like Mannering may be heading back there just as a defensive centre ala Beau Scott. (If anyone of Inu, Moon, Ropo gets injured) Hopefully Locke will be ready for fullback next year.

Ouch! Watch it, or certain dorks will start raving on about Flash Gordon again!

Iafeta_old

Flash Gordon is a fine player. If he came over it'd be somewhat of a pity, because either way 3 quality goal kickers would be missing out - we'd have Seymour, Maloney, Gordon and Inu.

Carney strikes me as the best option thus far.

Magic Stick_old

Carney and Vatuvei would be scary combo for teams to stop.Warriors would really have to work all there right wing attack to fully ulitilize both threats

scottyb_old

I just hope this doesn't start a bidding war and we end up paying overs for someone that in a couple of years time will end up being an overpaid journeyman, because if every team is waiting for the storm players to come on the market then bidding is going to go through the roof. Personally i cant see Slater, Inglis, Cronk or Smith leaving the Storm, so they will need to get rid of the others. If i was to rebuild the Storm I'd do it by keeping those four and building the team around them. Their young guys step up to grade quickly with the structures in place there. So that leaves the second tier players such as Blair, Lima, Hoffman, White and others, I dont believe any of them deserve to be paid more than $300,000 (and even then only Blair and White would command that). If we paid more than that i reckon we are overpaying. But in saying that if i was to pay overs for anyone at the moment it would be Blair