Northern_Union

Yep saddle up cause Tate will be bucking a Bronco next year.

And on a side note i'm getting sick of these money hungrey loyalty lacks c***s in our game. Get out and stay the f*** out is how i feel....but i've had a temper when i feel the great game is not being given it's due respect.

Lego_Man_old

I assume you're referring to Folau, not Tate.

But yeah Hunt and Folau are homofags for joining a rival code. They've pretty much destroyed their potential great legacy in the game. At least SBW and Gaz had the courtesy to go to another hemisphere to play their trade...

ToiletDuck_old

And on a side note i'm getting sick of these money hungrey loyalty lacks c***s in our game. Get out and stay the f*** out is how i feel....but i've had a temper when i feel the great game is not being given it's due respect.

Well...if someone offered you 3x the pay to switch your profession, you'd say no? This is also taking into account you have maybe 10 years where your earning potential will be this high..

Northern_Union

Haven't been offered 3 times my wage but i have knocked back more money and improved conditions to remain loyal to an employer.

ToiletDuck_old

All I know is, if someone offered me 3 mill over 4 years or whatever it is...I'd be gooonnnee..

Iafeta_old

I too have turned down bigger pay packets, but I wouldn't turn down three times as much for a similar pursuit.

Northern_Union

No you're both right, i wouldn't turn down three times my current wage but as i had said i have and i would turn down larger offers and better conditions to remain loyal to my current employer.
By the way Iafeta, i hope stress levels have decreased for you with your job. I ment to say that in another thread but never got around to it.

Jesbass_old

I'd never accept an offer of tripling my wage to shift employers or career fields. This is because my loyalty to my boss far supercedes my loyalty to my family. How dare Folau put his family first! Ali Lauiti'iti tried doing that and he got justifiably sacked! I'm heading out now to find a puppy to kick!

RRG_old

Has anyone else heard Brisbane are looking at Inglis? I heard a very loose rumor that they were chasing him. I think this could be the only way that we may be able to keep Tate

Viking_old

I'd never accept an offer of tripling my wage to shift employers or career fields. This is because my loyalty to my boss far supercedes my loyalty to my family. How dare Folau put his family first! Ali Lauiti'iti tried doing that and he got justifiably sacked! I'm heading out now to find a puppy to kick!

Folau's immediate family live in Brisbane which is why he moved back there from Melbourne in the first place. He was born in West Sydney and his extended family are still there but he moved to Brisbane with his family at a young age. I don't think family was the primary reason to play AFL in Blacktown. Money might be though.

Hunt's French rugby club are going to move heaven and earth to try and keep him apparently. He'll probably play for France in the RWC next year and score the winning try that knocks the ABs out of the finals.

Jesbass_old

Folau's immediate family live in Brisbane which is why he moved back there from Melbourne in the first place. He was born in West Sydney and his extended family are still there but he moved to Brisbane with his family at a young age. I don't think family was the primary reason to play AFL in Blacktown. Money might be though.

Hunt's French rugby club are going to move heaven and earth to try and keep him apparently. He'll probably play for France in the RWC next year and score the winning try that knocks the ABs out of the finals.

Mine was more a general statement on loyalty than the specific example of Folau. It seems that every time someone leaves our code, the loyalty card gets played. I just question whether one's loyalty should be to football before family, much as I do as to whether it should be to code before country. Hence it becomes a cue for me to be facetious.

Viking_old

Mine was more a general statement on loyalty than the specific example of Folau. It seems that every time someone leaves our code, the loyalty card gets played. I just question whether one's loyalty should be to football before family, much as I do as to whether it should be to code before country. Hence it becomes a cue for me to be facetious.

What is this loyalty thing you speak of?

Seriously though, I've got no problems with Folau going somewhere else, it's one less threat for the Kiwi's to deal with. If any league player was made to play AFL it's Folau I suppose.

I know of a few Tongan boys who play AFL here in the off season to stay in shape and the difference in their leaping ability and safety under the high ball is quite noticeable. I'm in Melbourne next week on a course for work and plan to go to my first AFL game ever at Etihad on Friday night. Not expecting much of a game but the atmosphere should be good.

Swanley_old

This is a completely different career path. Good luck to him. at least it is not Rugby.

Would people on this forum be complaining if it was that boring game call Gridion? I think not.

I beleive his salary is only 2 times what he is on.

If I was offered double trouble, then I would be foolish not to consider. but sometimes the grass is not always greener.

ToiletDuck_old

Good news for him is he's 21, can try his hand at AFL for 3 years then come right on back at the ripe old age of 24/25.

aussie_warrior_old

Good news for him is he's 21, can try his hand at AFL for 3 years then come right on back at the ripe old age of 24/25.

Exactly what I was thinking, and it's not like Rugby League hasn't taken back people who left for other sports... Tuqiri, Rogers, Tahu,Sailor....

KeepingTheFaith_old

AFL will eventually learn what Rugby Union is only just discovering.

Publicity stunts can be very expensive.

aussie_warrior_old

AFL will eventually learn what Rugby Union is only just discovering.

Publicity stunts can be very expensive.

While that is possible, I think there is a big difference between AFL and Union. The main one is that the AFL is bringing in Rugby League players into AFL teams in Rugby League strong areas (Western Sydney and the Gold Coast). This is very smart by the AFL as they are very likely to draw Rugby League supporters with them and as long as the product is good, they may stay. Secondly, the majority of both Hunt's and Folau's pay packet is made up from media and PR activities, so they will be out trying to strengthen AFL in these areas. This could very well be a master stroke by the AFL, and lets be honest, they are doing much better in Australia to expand the game than the NRL and RU.

Obviously, RU just bought league players and then put them in already strong union areas. If the Rebels got some great AFL players, then that would be interesting!