Spence_old

He didn't get a mention in their romp on the weekend, not that that really means anything.

RRG_old

Scurrah said that the club had been anticipating Wade staying till the end of his contract. He had earlier said that we have money to sign two more big names. Surely with wade gone this will stretch to 3? If tate is 1 white is 2 what would you be looking in for a 3rd. I wouldn't mind a hooker, anyone decent coming off contract?

warriors4life_old

Yeah, I'd love a hooker who provides quality service and gets the job done with no fuss.

Heremaia and Henderson just aren't doing it for me right now.

Iafeta_old

I'm getting a feeling it's not going to include Brent Tate. There was an article today that thought it's 50/50 at best. Falou turned down union, so I'm guessing that's probably going to knock Brisbane out, and I'm surprised the Cowboys have room given the massive contract Thurston goes under from next year, but there you go.

insulinboi_old

The cowboys wanted to sign him as a winger and Tate has previously said that he prefers playing centre, to wing.
Also, the cowboys are now trying to lure antonio winterstein. So I wonder if Tate is off their radar now.
I really hope we resign him, and use Mckinnons, lillymans and royals cash on 2 props.

romel_old

lets be honest tate has played average at best for us by his standards, you could blame that on the quality ball yes but still. theres a reason why hes not getting selected for origin or australia anymore.

Iafeta_old

I personally don't think he's shown bad form at all this year romel. I'm quite happy with his performances. Not out of this world, but solid and at times very strong.

Northern_Union

As far as runs out of dummy half and a burning passion to win Tate has been great but as for playing as a centre i get sick of seeing him running his winger out of room and when he plays on the wing for us he doesn't have the pace he used to have to burn off tacklers.

Jesbass_old

As far as runs out of dummy half and a burning passion to win Tate has been great but as for playing as a centre i get sick of seeing him running his winger out of room and when he plays on the wing for us he doesn't have the pace he used to have to burn off tacklers.

I'm fairly certain that's a set play...it certainly looks like it. He runs to the edge, sliding the opposition defensive line with him in the process, then passes on the outside to the winger who cuts inside where there should in theory now be a gap created in the defensive line for the winger to run through.

ToiletDuck_old

I'm fairly certain that's a set play...it certainly looks like it. He runs to the edge, sliding the opposition defensive line with him in the process, then passes on the outside to the winger who cuts inside where there should in theory now be a gap created in the defensive line for the winger to run through.

Dude...it's a set play because Turtle has spent his whole career on the wing and as such uses up all the room ;)

Jesbass_old

Dude...it's a set play because Turtle has spent his whole career on the wing and as such uses up all the room ;)

Ha...quite possibly. I didn't follow him at Broncos except to watch him get smashed by France Is Smelly.

It's obviously considered part of the attacking arsenal, though, hence why it gets used so much.

Northern_Union

Who would have thunk it, a set move to run your winger out of room. Monty python stuff.

playdaball_old

With Folau likely to sign to AFL he should be dumped immedialtely from the Qld SOO meaning that Brent Tate could be called into the side to replace him. If this is the case we'll then be down another player in upcoming Warriors matches.

KeepingTheFaith_old

Lote Tuquiri would be ahead of Tate in all likelyhood.

2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Tonga
5. Tuquiri

RRG_old

Who would have thunk it, a set move to run your winger out of room. Monty python stuff.

The problem is not with the play, most NRL teams will do the exactly the same thing at times. The problem is that is the regularity of the play. But still I would have liked them to resign tate but hope we don't get caught in a huge bidding war. We will not def lose him as I hear that Brisbane are pretty keen on signing GI. If that went ahead then they may not table a huge offer for tate

PB_old

Now that the overrated and mercenary headline hog has gone all AFL bogan on us I expect Tate to be Broncos bound.

ToiletDuck_old

The reason is...because Turtle used to have the speed to literally get on the outside and run 100m...I remember one such try against the Kiwis. He's not so confident beating someone 1-on-1 with footwork, fend etc, hence why his go-to play is try run around them. Much the same way J-Ro knows he can't pass so his go to play was the dummy.