Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dean, you don’t understand. A family buying exercise books from Warehouse Stationery is inflationary…. a school purchasing the same exercise books directly from the supplier and selling them cheaper to another family isn’t.
Thanks. I can clearly see where the inflation has gone.

Is that what's actually being campaigned on? Or are you just high on weed?
Have you been asleep? Where do you think the proposed income from wealth taxes is going. Even when stoned I understand the meaning of redistribution. Try it, you may be enlightened but I don't hold too much hope.

Have you been asleep? Where do you think the proposed income from wealth taxes is going. Even when stoned I understand the meaning of redistribution. Try it, you may be enlightened but I don't hold too much hope.
Are you asleep and still so blazed you don't realise the elections pretty much a foregone conclusion.
The Greens and TPM are pretty much almost certainly not going to be back in government. That should take your edge off.

Its ok to admit Nat's tax cut plan doesn't stack up and that goldman sachs are warning its inflationary anyway...

Are you asleep and still so blazed you don't realise the elections pretty much a foregone conclusion.
The Greens and TPM are pretty much almost certainly not going to be back in government. That should take your edge off.

Its ok to admit Nat's tax cut plan doesn't stack up and that goldman sachs are warning its inflationary anyway...
I wouldn't have picked you as someone that trumpets what Goldman Sachs says.
I hope your lot are voted out but the election hasn't happened yet.
I don't believe all the wonderful promises made by the various parties two weeks out from an election but you are welcome to.

Isn't that the Liz Gunn party?
You would be the "Lizard of Tauranga "
😉 😉
Yea, I don’t know man, I’ve seen it on billboards but I Google ‘1% tax policy’ and even ‘one percent tax policy’ and it doesn’t bring up the party?

It’s like they don’t want my vote… I’ll go investigate that Tamaki party instead. He’s an interesting character and does so much for his community!

Yea, I don’t know man, I’ve seen it on billboards but I Google ‘1% tax policy’ and even ‘one percent tax policy’ and it doesn’t bring up the party?

It’s like they don’t want my vote… I’ll go investigate that Tamaki party instead. He’s an interesting character and does so much for his community!
Just looking into the new nation party - sounds good but I might be labeled a white supremisists, colonist. 🤔

Tough choices out there

I guess Australia is looking even better for you now.
The "Wizard of Oz".
😉 😉

Take down Sue Grey's number while you're there, might need her when you end up on a watchlist for all that googling.
Don’t worry I’ve found my party… the animal justice party! Save the sheep!

Animals are important… no more hitting the Tigers with wooden spoons.

Edit… just realised I violate many of their principles by not liking my veges 🤔

Last edited:
The small parties can basically promise anything they like, knowing full well that they will never have to deliver on it. They just need enough people to like what they say to get over the threshold and into a negotiating table

End co governance, end trans rights, wealth tax, free dental care, whatever.

Throw a few ideas at a wall, see what sticks. Hopefully something gets over 5%. They don’t even need to cost anything

all of the small parties are guilty of doing it

I made the mistake of heading out to get my chocolate milk from the supermarket just as they were heading down Willis St (where I work) - if there's any social media footage I'll be the one walking in the opposite direction through the procession trying to cross the road 😅
Youre not 12 anymore bro, give the chocolate milk a miss and have a cuppa 😁

Thought for the day - the Nazis tried eugenics to our horror…

Are we doing the same thing in reverse when we have all the smart women study and work during their fertile years, and the woman who are dysfunctional enough not to be able to sustain themselves - we give money and support for every children they have.

Hmmm… how’s this going to work out 🤔

I’m guessing that Goldman Sachs looked at what happened in NZ after the Nats brought in tax cuts in 2010 and saw a 1.7% rise in inflation for the next twelve months to come to their conclusion…. while totally ignoring the 2.97% fall over the following twelve months after that.

While most families will need to use any tax cuts for day to day living, we’ve decided not to spend the $50 pw tax cut (if that happens of course) but to reduce the debt on investment property. That means we won’t be seeking a rent increase which would have been inflationary but “reinvesting“ back into the property.

I‘m guessing a small percentage of people will use the tax cuts for investing or retirement savings but I think most will just be able to cope just a tiny bit better each week.

A few people I’ve spoken to have decided to vote Act this election because they’re pissed off that National aren’t changing the top tax bracket…. poor little dears. They may not have noticed but their aren’t too many up their with them earning over $180,000 per year.… and Nationals tax cuts aren’t aimed at them, they’re aimed at middle NZ.

Back