General Boxing

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
Looking forward to this fight, interested to see how he goes with a new trainer. Always believed he had the skill was just getting a bit stale with the old trainer.
This is make or break for Parker.
I'm thinking Parker wins by knockout. Would be great for his career

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
He was lucky there. That second scorecard was a bit out there,

Down in the first 10 seconds all be it with a punch in the back of the head. But still it means you behind on the scorecards.

He did well coming on stronger in the later rounds but still is missing the killing instinct. He had an aging fighter who was slowing and needed to take advantage. Had him in trouble with some flurries but would then stop himself.

Chisora put on a good fight. Even managed to will himself to a big effort in the final round. If they did run it back I wouldn't have an issue with it. Parker probably needs another fight at this level with his new team before progressing to the fights they are probably after.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Seems Parker's ass is aging like wine. Turning to vinegar.

You have to wonder how much mental strength/interest in boxing his attempts to keep his name supression up took out of him.

Reactions: PNG Kiwi

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
One only has to look at the Compubox figures to see that Chisora got a Warriors decision from the judges
1619924606125.jpeg

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
Is this for real?
Paul managed to sucker someone with pedigree into his circus. Terrible decision from Mayweather.

Last edited:

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Anyone see the scuffle between Canelo Alvarez and Caleb Plant. It was quite funny.

"Canelo what did he say to upset you."
"He insulted my mother. He called me a mother F@!*ker."

I think that got lost in translation.

• Haha
Reactions: john nick

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
A hell of a performance from Usyk over the weekend to out point Anthony Joshua. Was partly expecting the score cards to be closer or we'd get a dodgy hometown decision. Probably would of it was in America.

If he activates his rematch clause it gives Eddie Hearn another big fight to promote.

I know its different to MMA with different promoters and contracts with rematch clauses that stopped the unification bout. But this has delayed the big British heavy weight bout between Fury and Joshua a bit longer. It was on until Fury had to fight Wilder again due to contractual commitments.

Now it will be that fight and the winner needs to wait for the Joshua vs Usyk rematch or they need to defend against someone in the meantime.

The UFC learnt years ago when they would try and match up two fighters by getting them wins first to build it up that you should just book the fight when you can as often there would be an upset and your fight isn't as marketable. You then need to just roll with it and promote the winners.

Reactions: Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
A hell of a performance from Usyk over the weekend to out point Anthony Joshua. Was partly expecting the score cards to be closer or we'd get a dodgy hometown decision. Probably would of it was in America.

If he activates his rematch clause it gives Eddie Hearn another big fight to promote.

I know its different to MMA with different promoters and contracts with rematch clauses that stopped the unification bout. But this has delayed the big British heavy weight bout between Fury and Joshua a bit longer. It was on until Fury had to fight Wilder again due to contractual commitments.

Now it will be that fight and the winner needs to wait for the Joshua vs Usyk rematch or they need to defend against someone in the meantime.

The UFC learnt years ago when they would try and match up two fighters by getting them wins first to build it up that you should just book the fight when you can as often there would be an upset and your fight isn't as marketable. You then need to just roll with it and promote the winners.
Terrible fight from a viewing pov.

Always frustrating when a heavy weight contest is so careful until the last round and you see them finally go for it and run out of time.

Still, Joshua's legacy is not looking too flash as far as any hope of being remembered in the hall of fame.

Fury will kill him. AJ has been so exposed since the Ruiz loss. Everyone can catch him and then he starts wobbling and is in big trouble. Terrible defence I spose.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Anyone see the big fight today?

Lennox Lewis "Wilder needs to keep aiming for the belly" LOL.

It was a hell of a fight. The start reminded me of the last Connor McGregor fight. The beaten fighter from the previous fight with holes in his game came out with new tricks they had learned. McGregor with kicks to keep distance and Wilder with jabs to the body. Both didn't last.

Wilder pretty much gassed and resorted to his old habits. He did well getting up in the 3rd and scoring two knockdowns of his own in the 4th. After that it was pretty much all Fury.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Anyone see the big fight today?

Lennox Lewis "Wilder needs to keep aiming for the belly" LOL.

It was a hell of a fight. The start reminded me of the last Connor McGregor fight. The beaten fighter from the previous fight with holes in his game came out with new tricks they had learned. McGregor with kicks to keep distance and Wilder with jabs to the body. Both didn't last.

Wilder pretty much gassed and resorted to his old habits. He did well getting up in the 3rd and scoring two knockdowns of his own in the 4th. After that it was pretty much all Fury.
I was sorry to have missed it, I watched the knock downs.

Waiting for a highlights vid from Youtube.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
If he's going to take this loss better he didn't start on the best foot. Telling Fury he wasn't going to congratulate him and show good sportsmanship (can't remember exactly how Fury phrased what Wilder said).

It looks like he has a broken hand. There was conjecture late in the fight and afterwards as he has a bit of a nervous twitch he does with his hands which people pointed out he does in previous fights. But we did have the doctor looking at him before one of the later rounds.

The details on his hand came from his trainer Malik Scott so its more valid. That sounds strange as it would be better from Wilder himself but after his excuses last time.

On his excuses last time he was when asked that there was no proof he'd respond that which has been seen does not need to be explained. Seen by who the trainer he didn't sack was the one who monitored the glove. I watch a nutritionist/bio chemist a lot on YouTube who critiques crazy nutritional advice and he'd often dismiss their claims with that which not be proven with evidence cannot be dismissed without evidence.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
It will be interesting to see where Wilder goes from here. There was a lot of speculation about retirement after the 2nd fight. That was probably due dealing with his first loss.

If he comes back the level of competition will be interesting. Besides some of his later defences his opponents haven't been the best. He started his career late and had a longer padded record than normal. Even went into his first few title defence's. That probably helped with his confidence as he often quotes it.

He wasn't the biggest draw even at the start of his reign. As he was only pulling crowds of 5000 or so in his home state of Alabama. That started to increase as his title reign went on as he'd have the Tyson thing going where you are likely to see a knockout. He is probably a better draw now but to get similar money to the Fury fights he'll need a decent opponent. Typically after a few losses and big holes in your technique you would take a step down for a fight or two. He's too old for that.

He did show a ton of heart in that fight.

Last edited:

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Have to love all of the fun Fury has had with Wilders excuses in the last fight. The gloves were tampered with, "your man was right there watching, you should of fired him as well".

This fight "You missed the "knuckle dusters last time".

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
So Wilder sacked Breland for throwing in the towel. Jay Deas got an air full.

To cover the gloves he said Jay Deas is inexperienced with gloves. So he gets the same guy to inspect Fury's gloves.

Oh well at least he can't blame his heavy suit this time.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings