General Boxing

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Great, you now have a fat overweight world champion. Sums up boxing in a nutshell.
He may be fat but hes fast and a great counter puncher, and he has a better gas tank than most of the muscular guys in the division. Ruiz is massively underrated just because of his appearance. Glen Lazerus was never the most buff guy in the NRL but he was the best prop for the same reasons. Being fat isnt necessarily an indication of a lack of fitness or skill.

Reactions: BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
He may be fat but hes fast and a great counter puncher, and he has a better gas tank than most of the muscular guys in the division. Ruiz is massively underrated just because of his appearance. Glen Lazerus was never the most buff guy in the NRL but he was the best prop for the same reasons. Being fat isnt necessarily an indication of a lack of fitness or skill.
Totally agree with you.

Nevertheless he’s still fat and overweight.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I just read on Stuff that they think this somehow brings Parker back into the division.. no chance.. he has lost 2 fights in a row against quality opposition, and Ruiz wont give him a fight when he can make millions elsewhere, and he probably feels like he was on the wrong end of a home town decision here anyway. Parker will need to beat Wilder or Fury to get a shot and they have bigger fish to fry too.

If anything this may be bad news for Parker because his new promoter is in danger of losing his cash cow, so they will have to push Joshua again instead

Last edited:

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
I just read on Stuff that they think this somehow brings Parker back into the division.. no chance.. he has lost 2 fights in a row against quality opposition, and Ruiz wont give him a fight when he can make millions elsewhere, and he probably feels like he was on the wrong end of a home town decision here anyway. Parker will need to beat Wilder or Fury to get a shot and they have bigger fish to fry too.

If anything this may be bad news for Parker because his new promoter is in danger of losing his cash cow, so they will have to push Joshua again instead
The only way I could Parker gaining from this was if Joshua wanted a step down in competition and work his way back. Like you stated no way he'd be Ruiz's next fight. Not enough money in it and I doubt Parkers' camp would of been interested in a rematch up until yesterday. It looks like they will exercise their rematch clause. That makes sense from a business perspective and also as a fighter wanting to put things right. A rematch could tell us a lot about Joshua. Does he come back motivated and fix any holes in his defense to stop Ruiz's hand speed and combinations, can he stop him getting into range.

Lennox Lewis didn't have the best of chins but he managed to come back from losses as an improved fighter.

FAN

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2014
I still can’t believe the AJ result, it’s like a fat bloke from the pub beat him
I remember back in the day when I was fighting at the ABA. We had this big guy, full of muscle and you could clearly see he was a gym junkie. Anyway, as good as he looked, he was ALWAYS gassed, he just never had anything past two rounds. Looking at the dude you would think he was the next best thing, but out of shape looking fighters would just wear him down and leave the guy breathless in the corner.
AJ just looked so out of breath, and almost like a dear in headlights from disbelief as to what was happening to him.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Parker you silly lad.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Evander Holyfield was on the Joe Rogan Experience the other day. It's a good discussion, just over an hour.

Goes over the Bowe fight where the parachutist disrupted the fight, the Tyson ear biting and how he spent his money.

The Tyson stuff was great. "I wanted to bite him in the face" and "No I didn't want them to call the fight off, at least let me kick him in the balls or something first".

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
I need to re-watch that JRE with Holyfield. I brought my mamma a big house but my mamma wanted to be near the bus stop.😆

A good few weeks of heavyweight boxing. Had the Wilder vs Ortiz rematch. Ortiz did well for 7 rounds but Wilder finally got range and the first punches he pretty much landed the whole fight got the win. He's hardly ever going to outbox anyone but one mistake he makes you pay.

Now the Joshua vs Ruiz rematch. An interesting fight. Does Ruiz have his number or will the favoured outcome from last time happen?

Had to laugh seeing articles today with all of the speculation of Ruiz being lighter and faster then he weighs in heavier. His excuse was he had to wait around so he ate while he was waiting. Eddie Hearn's response what did he eat his trainer.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
What is happening with Parkers career, its Tua all over again, gets to the top and disappears

How can he still be fighting no names at this stage.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
I thought he was scheduled to fight one of the British guys Chisora? Then I see all sorts of other names being thrown around.

See Ruiz was talking about Parker as well a few weeks back. The fight business is interesting. This time last year Ruiz would of wanted the rematch while Parker would of been looking at bigger things. Then Ruiz beats Joshua, Parker would want the rematch while Ruiz could like at better opportunities. Now Ruiz is talking about it and it on the come back trail. Parker needs a fight it could make sense now.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Boxing’s all about finding a mismatch where your odds on favourite to win.

To much protecting your record to allow regular even matchups.

Good for the individual, killed the sport (note the past tense).

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012

DragonFly

Warriors Bench Player
Aug 28, 2017
I saw Jimmy Thunder knock out a guy with the first punch of the fight.

Sad to hear of his passing.