General Black Caps...

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
I've never seen him bowl. So many saffas joining our ranks. That would have been harsh to deny him kiwi status because he left the country with a NZ provincial team to compete in a tournament. Glad common sense prevailed.

Reaction score

Danpatmac

Seen him play a couple of times, he is about Bracewells pace and lefty, bowls great lines and swings it both ways... he will take wickets for sure.

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
Lefty who swings the ball, always a threat. Problem with ours over the years is they haven't bowled above 125 km/hr, guys like Hayden just walk 2m down the pitch and negate any swing benefit. Ok so that's not entirely true but they haven't been menacing enough.

Reaction score

Danpatmac

Lefty who swings the ball, always a threat. Problem with ours over the years is they haven't bowled above 125 km/hr, guys like Hayden just walk 2m down the pitch and negate any swing benefit. Ok so that's not entirely true but they haven't been menacing enough.
True, Shayne O'Connor, Murphy Su'a, Franklin, Bates are all fairly docile.

This guy is high 130s and would creep into 140s on a good day, much more threatening, and has control unlike a McKay

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
How has Trent Bolt been playing? I haven't seen much of him since the test in Hobart (missed most of the Saffa series - didn't miss out on a lot though looking at those results lol). He'd enter that about group of players too.

Reaction score
Lego_Man

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Reaction score
Boult was unfairly dropped i thought. He's got some good zip, and though he's a complete rake at the moment, will solidify physically as he gets older.

Reaction score

Danpatmac

Boult was unfairly dropped i thought. He's got some good zip, and though he's a complete rake at the moment, will solidify physically as he gets older.
yeah i rate boult personally.

We need Wagner and Bracewell to develop their batting also, we will end up with a really long tail

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
So Southee has well and truly fallen down the pecking order then? Not the next Chris Cairns as some were claiming? Though the first time I saw him bat I knew he wasn't Cairns material, he can throw his bat at it but well and truly a bowler who bats a bit.

Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
He's very much a number 10 batsmen. Once people saw he scored 90% of his runs on the leg side he was buggered. He is only 22, so theres still hope.

His bowling was getting very round arm late in the season, meaning no swing or seam movement @ 135k vs SA and Aus = Punishment. He's still up there, just was in shit form.

I rate Boult also, cant believe they dropped him for Arnel. Wagner, Boult, Bracewell, Southee, Milne, Small and even McCleneghan should be our future pace bowlers coming through. Could probably add Henry as an all rounder and Jacob Duffy in a couple years.

Reaction score
Mixmasterreece

Mixmasterreece

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Bloody good news, this guy is a pretty handy player. He isn't the messiah some make him out to be, but he will certainly make us better.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/6775111/Quick-bowler-Wagner-available-for-Black-Caps
Really think Wagner's career in black will be shortlived:

a.) I don't rate him. In my humble opinion don't believe he actually has control, and goes for far too many. 2 or 3 good balls followed up by 2 or 3 poor ones an over
b. ) We have a swag of young talent coming through: Duffy, Milne, Wheeler, Henry & Small to name but a few

I really feel that Wagner has been well and truly overhyped.

On the list you named Blain - can't agree with you on McCleneghan. His pace has well and truly dropped off and while I think he has the potential to be a domestic bully, I don't think he has the temperament or skill set to make it on the big stage.

And don't forget we still have Hamish Bennet to come back who has made a pretty handy start to his one day career (20 wickets @ 21).....

Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I have only seen Mitchell bowl once in the last 2 years (about 2 Months ago), and he seemed to be getting it through at a crisp pace and troubled all batsmen. He seems to be really hit or miss, takes heaps of wickets for not many or go for 100 off 22 overs. He is still only 25-26, so Im hoping if he can get a good couple of seasons injury free he could come good. You could probably chuck Sherlock into the same boat, started with a hiss and a raw but got injurred for about 2-3 seasons, and are slowly coming back now.

Bennet is a tough one, I really dont like his action, Im not sure if his body will hold up for a long career unfortunetly. Probably needs a re jig to takes some pressure off his back and front leg.

I like the look of Boam and Neesham, different players with similar roles, Boam the nuggety middle order batter and solid medium pacer and Neesham a aggressive middle order batter and a bit of a wicket taking Medium Pacer.

Reaction score
Mixmasterreece

Mixmasterreece

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Don't be pulling out the sherlock card. The kid is fucked, has come back bowling at Lance Hamilton pace.

Mitch will be the next Graeme Aldrige and might get a run in about 4 or 5 years once all of the sting has been taken out of him.

Dont rate Boam or Neesham, or Corey Anderson for that matter. Boams bowling is absolutelty sub standard, and Neesham has been hyped by a few in the online world. Neesham's batting is ok, but again is bowling is just absolute cannon fodder.

Real lack of genuine all round talent out there right now.

Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The Sherlock bomb was dropped because of the similar situation, I dont think he will get to international level. He was injured all last season to make up for his rep.

Yip, neither are much over 125kph unfortunetly. Boam seems more of a batter to me, and someone who can put in some overs, like a Scott Styris type.

Anderson, haven't ever seen him bowl, dont think he has for a couple years now. Ill start rating him when he actually scores some runs.

Nice to see Rutherford hit some form, I always liked the look of him but never kicked on. Hope he has a good back up season to show he's the real deal.

Reaction score

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Wasn't Milne the kid that had one 20/20 for the Black Caps, and was hitting 150k's+....he got carted around but still, the pace was there.

Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah thats him. Had solid season over 2011/2012, had some minor injuries. Hes still only 20 so going through a bit of a training programme you could say, which is the way to go so he doesnt snap himself.

Reaction score
vvvrulz

vvvrulz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just yesterday John Wright announced he is stepping down after the Windies tour, sounds a bit premature and fishy to me.

Reaction score
Rizzah

Rizzah

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah sounds like Wright wasnt keen on Buchanan's involvment to how Wright coaches the team, which is a shame. I'm on Wrights side tbh

Reaction score
Rizzah

Rizzah

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
Slightly Offtopic.. but has Warnie had a facelift?

a4.bp.blogspot.com__3EldnNzShCY_Th8jgB_RSEI_AAAAAAAACgU_rmACrB2Ccpc_s1600_Young_Shane_Warne.jpg

Top Bottom