Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's a difference, those in motels have nowhere else to live, the politicians have other options. I guess Luxon didn't expect it to take this long with his superior business and negotiating skills.
Not to mention it was a national initiative to house those with nowhere to go in motels that was put in place by them. Shame it’s still necessary, I’m amazed we avoided a tent city that many places do in the world. Sad state of affairs.

No you wouldn’t Frank
There s plenty of towns in Nz better than Tara.(qld)
I have no idea where that is so looked it up. Seems the public transport is a camel.

1700719972851.png

Who’s your pick for deputy?
Really not sure. I would have gone with Willis and given a proportional number of positions to ACT and WinnieFirst as per their election results but she's been ruled out. It's either Winston or a Winston/Seymour co-deputy combo.

Money would be with Winston and Seymour getting an extra ACT seat in cabinet than he had or something else to make up for it.

Who’s your pick for deputy?
My wife came up with something quite interesting. Because there’s usually a cabinet reshuffle in 18 months time, offer the first 18 months to Winnie. Then offer the second 18 months to Seymour. If Seymour has decided by then that he doesn’t want the role, Winnie keeps it. If Winnie doesn’t want the role in 18 months time, Willis or another National MP gets promoted to the role.

See Westpac have made a rather cynical attempt at trapping mortgage holders into long term mortgage periods by reducing their longer term mortgage rates…. but only by a small amount. Hopefully, not too many customers will fall for this by locking themselves into a long term when this is only the start of the reduction in interest rates,

The conventional wisdom is to lock a mortgage into shorter terms when rates are falling and only into longer terms when rates have either bottomed out or are rising again.. That way, you avoid being trapped in at 7.6% for two years when they’re already offering a six month special loan for 7.4%…. and that’s expected to drop even further before the next 24 months is over.

Expect the other major banks to follow suit soon in order to keep the profit margins high at the expense of their customers by locking them into longer term loans at a time when the interest rate reductions are only just beginning.

My wife came up with something quite interesting. Because there’s usually a cabinet reshuffle in 18 months time, offer the first 18 months to Winnie. Then offer the second 18 months to Seymour. If Seymour has decided by then that he doesn’t want the role, Winnie keeps it. If Winnie doesn’t want the role in 18 months time, Willis or another National MP gets promoted to the role.
So that sounds like the situation where everyone gets a participation ribbon, seems kinda "woke" don't ya think.
The next 3 years are gunna be freaking hilarious.

Hilarious would be a big improvement over whatever the previous 6 years can be described as.
We all live in hope 🙏
What pisses me off is half the country don't want what's actually best for the country.... they just want whoever the current government to fail so there's can get a turn.

That's what's happened for the last six years.... and now for however many years this one lasts.

Back