LoachNZ

LoachNZ

I really like omar he tries hard and he is young.. we cant bag him for not having enough experience :/ tupou is another strong player but it does come down to how our centres play

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I really like omar he tries hard and he is young.. we cant bag him for not having enough experience :/ tupou is another strong player but it does come down to how our centres play

While normally i would agree with you about the centers, last weekend Tupou had a foul game, the worst i have ever seen him play, given that he doenst get much chance to attack, he really does need to be strong on his defensive and support game. He has to learn to trust his inside man, or he needs to rotate with him, ala sharkey and inu last year to put the right person in the right positon at every stage of the game.

mode81

mode81

Dissapointed with management in regards to Tupou,I guess they won't drop him under any circumstances no matter how bad he plays, I think he's a weekly target for opposition teams and management still persist with him which is astounding. Tupou always looks dumbfounded after a try has been scored down his wing, the bloke doesn't seem to have a clue about spacial awareness or timing, I wish we made a play for Sam Perrett when he was available, he would have been perfect for this team with his experience and he's consistently good week in week out whereas Tupou is a real liability.

Danpatmac

Dissapointed with management in regards to Tupou,I guess they won't drop him under any circumstances no matter how bad he plays, I think he's a weekly target for opposition teams and management still persist with him which is astounding. Tupou always looks dumbfounded after a try has been scored down his wing, the bloke doesn't seem to have a clue about spacial awareness or timing, I wish we made a play for Sam Perrett when he was available, he would have been perfect for this team with his experience and he's consistently good week in week out whereas Tupou is a real liability.

I have said it before and I will say it again...

The guy is a gumby, uncoordinated and looks like a spazz on the right side of the field. He is so left hand dominant that stephen hawking would be a better right winger.

facefacts

I think thats a bit unfair, he's a reasonable defender, he has good hands in general, he has steady running meters per game, he isn't fast unfortunately and he's not very skillful...the
problem with Tupou is....he's average at everything, but to call him a liability i think is wrong.

Buck777

I'm still disappointed with the Tupou for Inu saga. But...Management for the warriors have a long history of not giving too much credence to what fans think. They know that they could field a Ngàherehere X111 and 5000 would still rock up as loyal fans.
I just don't see this super team that Owen is talking about. Other than about 3/4 players I don't even see a backbone. I don't have the patience to wait until 2015 for a GF. I just feel we've got a dud coach and it'll take all of next year for relations to sour, then it's 2014 to rebuild the mess, then into the finals. It shouldn't have come to this. Everyone around me feels the same way. Some are seasoned since 95 warriors fans. I hope they realise the support being eroded by what the bald ones doing.

shuffle

shuffle

I'm still disappointed with the Tupou for Inu saga. But...Management for the warriors have a long history of not giving too much credence to what fans think. They know that they could field a Ngàherehere X111 and 5000 would still rock up as loyal fans.
I just don't see this super team that Owen is talking about. Other than about 3/4 players I don't even see a backbone. I don't have the patience to wait until 2015 for a GF. I just feel we've got a dud coach and it'll take all of next year for relations to sour, then it's 2014 to rebuild the mess, then into the finals. It shouldn't have come to this. Everyone around me feels the same way. Some are seasoned since 95 warriors fans. I hope they realise the support being eroded by what the bald ones doing.

Yeep Brent Webb and Ali Lau'ititi to name two...

Up the guttz

Up the guttz

I like tupou. There are alot of NRL wingers that get by without blistering pace. Krisnan Inu is an example of that. Though he is a centre now.
What does Tupou ever do except fumble grubbers and miss tackles?

Totally agree!! The club will go downhill for the few years with Bluey at the helm then they will finally sack and we will need to go through a rebuilding phase......

I think the NYC players are far better when they have had a stint in the Vulcans. I remember a few years back when Isac John came in from NYC to cover an injury and was shocking, after a few games in the valcuns he came back and was alot more comfortable

Up the guttz

Up the guttz

Not to defend Omar entirely here - I just like him because of the name and it's relation to my favourite TV drama character - but bear in mind the difference between being bought into First Grade on say Saturday 5 March 7:30PM because you've been training for that the whole pre-season and being dragged in (and I sometimes wonder how much warning our debutants get that they are actually going to debut) with a few hours notice. And being picked on that kind of basis several times. Maybe the team need to say "Heck with it, let's treat Omar as if he's one of the regulars, let's really get him into the plan." Which to my mind means - he's contracted to first grade, he trains with the first grade squad and at this point in time is guaranteed either the Warriors (his appointment being related to injury to or form of other Warriors players at this point because obviously he's not first coice anywhere at this point) or the Vulcans every week (first choice)?

One of the things last night's game showed - and okay it may never well happen again for the next three seasons - was the importance of having an 18th man. Ivan made a thing out of having a 20 man bench. Now, obviously in Inu's case, he would be in the 18-20 list and lo and behold be one of the three to drop off, but surely doing that gives you cover for the exact type of problem last night - a player going down in the pre-match warm-up.

Am I correct in assuming that final team lists have to be given to the ground manager one hour before kickoff and after that, no changes unless for pre-game injuries ala Steve Rapira?
So surely, then, having an 18th player available and at the the ground (but obviously not in the 17 man list handed to the ground manager as per NRL rules) makes things easier?
Omar was the man on The Wire!!!!

Reactions: LoganBear
mrblonde

mrblonde

Sheeeeeeeeit! :D

Don't make me recreate the "F... Word" scene from Season 1.

Back OT: I wonder if Omar's ever watched Omar?

facefacts

Omars brother was on sky sport last night playing wing for AG or MAG....had to wait n see if it was a replay from 2-3 years ago :confused:

iago

iago

God, I would jizz everywhere if we signed Kevin Naiqama. Okay I wouldn't, but it would be nice having a winger capable of doing the 100m in under 15 seconds. I seriously hope Omar is still carrying an injury that's preventing him reaching proper speed, because if that's as quick as he is at his age, then he can kiss a career as an outside back goodbye. Was it the Sharks looking at signing him? Though they do love their shitty, slow outside backs (Pomeroy, Best, Covell etc).

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

God, I would jizz everywhere if we signed Kevin Naiqama. Okay I wouldn't, but it would be nice having a winger capable of doing the 100m in under 15 seconds. I seriously hope Omar is still carrying an injury that's preventing him reaching proper speed, because if that's as quick as he is at his age, then he can kiss a career as an outside back goodbye. Was it the Sharks looking at signing him? Though they do love their shitty, slow outside backs (Pomeroy, Best, Covell etc).
Souths were looking seriously at him as well, so the rumour goes. He was reported;y the fastest in the Juniors after Fish moved up. He was ranked for speed just behind Fish, Locke and Johnson in the scheme of the whole club. Clearly there is a leg problem causing this.

Danpatmac

Souths were looking seriously at him as well, so the rumour goes. He was reported;y the fastest in the Juniors after Fish moved up. He was ranked for speed just behind Fish, Locke and Johnson in the scheme of the whole club. Clearly there is a leg problem causing this.

or a stopwatch problem.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Been signed till 2014 but I personally dont think he should see out the season. Just doesnt have any X factor and would probably the most under performing wing in the comp. Just want to know your guys thoughts on him?

Numbnutsnz

Numbnutsnz

Dropped for who?

Fine and dandy to say he's not up to it but there is no one else. I don't think he should be dropped anyway.

Reactions: scottyb
wallacenz

wallacenz

i cant believe the dogs got inu and perritt cheap. Bluey better sort his shit out and start hitting up Owen for the cheque book to sign some fast outside backs who can read a defence and cover because this season has been un-fukn-believable

ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

Dropped for who?

Fine and dandy to say he's not up to it but there is no one else. I don't think he should be dropped anyway.

Thats the issue, I know its been bought up a million times but getting rid of Inu mid season just looks more ridiculous after every match......