Player Bill Tupou

Fazz_old

Bill Tupou

Bill Tupou 2013.PNG

Just watching the game again and I must say Billy Tupou is really underrated. His work in this game has been top notch, was very good after an early mistake last week too. Obviously he's not perfect and has the odd stuff up, but he's really settling into the team nicely and deserves to keep his spot. Will only get better too imo. I'd like to see him train at centre in the offseason as I think Tupou/Inu (switching back and forth) could be a pretty darn good combo.

Fish isn't really even in my calculations until he sorts his D. It's terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Est95_old

yeah he's improving, he suprises me how much he breaks the line or at least gets fast play the balls etc. good finish aswell to keep that ball in the in goal great athleticism

danpatmac_old

He has been very good. He is returning the football with a little bit of grunt, breaking a few tackles and making metres. He seems to be making better decisions on D and is taking all the opportunities that he should. He is a solid player and I reckon he is well worth the investment.

Ryno_old

yeah he's improving, he suprises me how much he breaks the line or at least gets fast play the balls etc. good finish aswell to keep that ball in the in goal great athleticism
His step is so predictable and awkward that I am always suprised when he breaks a tackle.

Has been going good though!

Fazz_old

Pure strength I guess? Haha. I was shocked when it actually worked last week (I reckon he would have been too tbh)

RobRoyMcCoy_old

I am really please for him. He has never been blessed with superstar skills or dominating size. He has been in and out of the first grade team quite a bit and this time I sense a real determination to do what is required to measure up as a first grader.

Good on you Bill!

fitzy_old

agree with all thats been said. I thought he had a good solid game, and that try was truly great. The athletic skills to do that would have been impossible back when I was playing.

Tyrael_old

Yeah, the only glitch was that try McQueen scored. Tupou wasn't even close to the ball. I am impressed tho. Better than Inu?

For me no.

Ryno_old

Yeah, the only glitch was that try McQueen scored. Tupou wasn't even close to the ball. I am impressed tho. Better than Inu?

For me no.
I think his average game is better than an average game of Inu though.

Tyrael_old

He's scored the most tries, he makes line breaks, he offloads and his leap is amazing.

He's definitely done something to offend Ivan.

Jesbass_old

He's scored the most tries, he makes line breaks, he offloads and his leap is amazing.

He's definitely done something to offend Ivan.
He hasn't scored the most tries any more. He's now 2nd= with Maloney.

I don't buy that he's done something to offend Ivan, who must be one of the hardest people to have a personality clash with.

Ryno_old

I definitely disagree. I'd say Inu's average game has been the bench mark as our best back.
Hmm maybe I should reword.

IMO Inu has a lot of upside and a lot of downside. One minute he looks like an absolute freak and the next he's having a huge brain meltdown, and the one thing that seems rather consistent with him is that he isnt 'switched on' for the whole 80 minutes. This is the reason I believe he has been dropped from the top side and Tupou has been the preferred option.

Tupou is a good young developing player who does the basics well, gives it for 80 minutes, chases on kicks and is really eager to impress.

So IMO regarding the Tupou vs Inu debate, I think we have enough attacking flair in the team with out Inu, so I can see the reasoning in behind picking Tupou.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spence_old

I know what you mean, but I think Inu's misdoings are magnified tenfold by the preconceptions he brought over with him.

Iafeta_old

He's improved enormously. I think he's put in some big yards in the gym in the off season. Really has powered up significantly. He used to get bundled backwards all the time, but now he pumps the legs and keeps driving. He's progressing into a very good player.

Fazz_old

That's a big change from last year to this year. He's starting to break the line a lot more, he generally looks more co-ordinated as well (A lot of times he looked like a bit clumsy last year)

If he keeps up his improvement then I think he could nail down a regular spot, either on the wing or in the centres.

BringBackRovelli_old

He was one of our best vs Souths, I was very close to giving him a point.

Spence_old

It does make the Inu exclusion slightly easier to bear, and if nothing else that is fairly good praise. I have been impressed with his defense so far. Have we conceded a line break down the fringes since Tupou has come in? Not that I am saying that he was the answer, but we have made some serious headway in that department in the last month, so I guess kudos to Cleary.

ToiletDuck_old

While I agree he's been playing well, I disagree with the comment that he's been underrated. Since he took Inu's slot this whole forum has been fapping so hard over him.

Upcoming Match

Penrith Panthers Central Coast Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

14 Aug

5.8 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings