General Benry.

Robster

Warriors Bench Player
May 13, 2012
He is okay on his best of days. Be imo he is not a centre!! Put him at lock and I believe he will be more effective but Benry is just not strong and fast enough to do damage on attack and is below par when it comes to his defense. We need a centre who looks like a centre.

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
He is okay on his best of days. Be imo he is not a centre!! Put him at lock and I believe he will be more effective but Benry is just not strong and fast enough to do damage on attack and is below par when it comes to his defense. We need a centre who looks like a centre.
That is also our problem on the other side, though one in. Mannering and Benry both kill attack. Though Mannering has an exceptional defense, I reckon Benry would be almost as good playing in the back row. His weakness in defence probably stems from the fact he has no clue what he should be doing. Clearly centre defence is not an easy task, as so many of our centres have struggled with it.

Magic Stick

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Henry is not a center...absoltue rubbish on attack. Cant recall someone getting so dominated physically in Warriors history.he would lead the nrl in going backwards in contact meters
I see last night he has added a hit n spin going into a tackle.just out of his depth at the mo

Danpatmac

No.

I dread the day Ben Henry is named in a Warriors forward pack or interchange forward position.

He is weak and we cannot carry another passenger.

Stop gap centre or nothing.

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
I think he needs to bulk up a tad to be physical enough for the forwards.

smac19

NSW Cup Player
May 18, 2012
No.

I dread the day Ben Henry is named in a Warriors forward pack or interchange forward position.

He is weak and we cannot carry another passenger.

Stop gap centre or nothing.
dude is the epitome of 'being manhandled' when returning the ball

Matulino's Left Shoulder

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 22, 2012
I hate it how he is the goto guy for cheap shots by opponents. Like that little shove last night.
He needs to wipe that dumb smile off his face that he has constantly and get some mongrel.

Reactions: Up the guttz

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 30, 2012
I hate it how he is the goto guy for cheap shots by opponents. Like that little shove last night.
He needs to wipe that dumb smile off his face that he has constantly and get some mongrel.
Yeah, but he some sort of Christian fanatic, so its all smiles and buggering children.

Probably explains why he wont give the ball to the terrorist as well.

smac19

NSW Cup Player
May 18, 2012
hes too much of a good samaritan type player

bro ' shove the dude in the face back'...i swear he's saying 'bless u brother' when he gets smashed by the opposition

warriors8

Warriors Bench Player
May 18, 2012
Sydney
Benry is a player that needs to pay his dues in the NSW Cup. If hes outstanding there then bring him upto first grade if not the vulcans he will stay. Inu was a far better centre and he played in the vulcans. This is 1 decision that Bluey should slit his wrist for because he was never gonna be a good centre no matter how good he can tackle. Benry NO GOOD

Reactions: Westiefan

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
its a moot point because henry wont be at centre next year anyway. hes just a stop gap measure because ropo got injured.. and we lacked centres.

Danpatmac

its a moot point because henry wont be at centre next year anyway. hes just a stop gap measure because ropo got injured.. and we lacked centres.
Didn't he start the first game at centre WITH Ropati?

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Didn't he start the first game at centre WITH Ropati?
yeah but that was because we lacked centres. with nielsen coming in and hurrell turning out to be a star when given his opportunity. ropati as backup. hes not gonna get the job.

Danpatmac

yeah but that was because we lacked centres. with nielsen coming in and hurrell turning out to be a star when given his opportunity. ropati as backup. hes not gonna get the job.
so then he is a bench forward, coz bluey ain't dropping him.

Oh dear god.

Stephen Hawking or Sir Douglas Bader have better footwork and speed.... not to mention power.

Reactions: Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Lacked centers??...Inu and Hurrell where available for selection...Benry is just Bluey's little bum boy project
This is the first post in ages that actually made me LOL - it's funny because it fits into the "sad but true" department.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Lacked centers??...Inu and Hurrell where available for selection...Benry is just Bluey's little bum boy project
hurrell wasnt a serious contender at the start of the year. the general consensus was that he was too green and lacked experience. he only got in because of an injury crisis at hooker and centre. and unless you havent been paying attention youd know that the last 2 coaches didnt rate inu for some reason.

edit: well i guess hurrell was a contender in the end , he got the first game