Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Warriors can only do so much to be fair. We've got some great prospects coming through,, can't fit em all in either.

Yeah fair call. I don't even know the player as such, just a bit annoying that old mates been down the road in Hamilton and the Titans have been able to nab him.

Just wondering though, have we ever had a top 5 hottest union prospect come through our systems before? If we did what ever happened to them

It would be interesting to see the state of the game in NZ for those playing league before going to secondary school and effectively being asked to play rugby or nothing at all.
It wouldn’t be ground breaking numbers but it could be significant to continued growth of the game and its playing numbers

Yeah fair call. I don't even know the player as such, just a bit annoying that old mates been down the road in Hamilton and the Titans have been able to nab him.

Just wondering though, have we ever had a top 5 hottest union prospect come through our systems before? If we did what ever happened to them

Yup and we Warrior'd them up good and proper which is why so many of them now avoid us.

PNG bid is as bogus as hell. PM Albo was salivitating over the Kumuls when they played the PM 13 invitational last year, some of the most pathetic commentary of league I have ever seen. Simply a move to get PNG onside, would be a disaster sending NRL teams to a country which isn't that far off a warzone every couple of weeks.

PNG bid is as bogus as hell. PM Albo was salivitating over the Kumuls when they played the PM 13 invitational last year, some of the most pathetic commentary of league I have ever seen. Simply a move to get PNG onside, would be a disaster sending NRL teams to a country which isn't that far off a warzone every couple of weeks.
Was watching bits of a game in PNG just today.
NRL teams would never ever let their players play on those grounds looking at their condition.
Wouldn't want to risk the injuries

I can understand your viewpoint, but bigger things are at play here.

The playing pitch would obviously have to conform to an acceptable standard. I suggest they are at the main stadiums in Port Moresby, as the Australian prime ministers selection v PNG is an annual event.

I am thinking. Even if we bring in Capewell, we will bring in a decent prop as well.
Someone to add to the rotation of AFB, Nuikore, Barnett, Harris, Ale and Zion.
We have halves galore and the addition of RTS and emergence of Ali L version 2 strengthens the outside back options. CHT could be the back up Hooker on the bench who can also cover the backs.
If CHT is on the bench you can’t have both Walker and Jazz.

I am thinking. Even if we bring in Capewell, we will bring in a decent prop as well.
We have halves galore and the addition of RTS and emergence of Ali L version 2 strengthens the outside back options. CHT could be the back up Hooker on the bench who can also cover the backs.
If CHT is on the bench you probably can’t have both Walker and Jazz so it’s just Walker.

If CHT is on the bench you probably can’t have Walker and Jazz.
Would hate to lose Walker. Yes we've used him as a utility but in his predominate role he's valuable. Why would you not consider him as a key player and one of the best at what he does. Doesn't make sense imo

Back