Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Sunday
Night
18:05

Knights

Team Lists

On paper, I think we are stronger in more positions than the Knights. I think their only clear advantage is at centre and possibly the huge threat of Ponga. I think Johnson will bomb Ponga to limit his threat if this is possible. Although come to think of it this aerial tactic which has been used a lot to good effect is probably better used against the wingers who are nearer the sidelines. I do think the 2 players who need a better performance are Montoya and Ford, the latter seems to be a bit too mistake prone atm. I am happy that Pompey gets his chance to start because he was definitely one of our most consistent performers last year. Ali will get his opportunities as he is still very young and biding his time will only increase his hunger to succeed and allow him more time to develop his defensive reads etc. I also think Afoa deserves his spot in the interchange ahead of Ale just based on his defensive qualities. The additions of Egan in the starting lineup and Niukore and Walker on the interchange ensure we definitely have our strongest 17 going into a game against another good side. I hope we lift a gear from the previous 2 games but more importantly come away with another 2 points.

Good analysis.
Especially the targeting of Ponga with SJs bombs. Works well for us thanks to Berry and his kick chase speed.
Often times teams try to kick away from Ponga which sees a Winger take the kick and then set Ponga up facing a one on one, he steps and hits the after burners and all of a sudden Newy are either way down field with a quick ptb or they score.
Thankfully Dom Young is gone, seems total bullshit that the Roosters could uplift him off a less cap pressured side like Newcastle.

The good thing about the side we are rolling out, is that the returning injured players don't have to necessarily play long minutes.

Tohu on paper can play eighty minutes, meaning Dylan Walker can have a gentle intro.

The same is true for Egan and Marata. Freddy can play an hour plus. And Marata can be used briefly because the options (thanks to two eighty minute backrowers and an eighty minute prop in AFB) mean Marata can just play a short spell as well.

Webster has a well balanced outlook to his teams, which is why Ale, Laban etc (or any of the Junior forward stars from cup) don't just get chucked in there in the fashion many fans who want exciting attack base their teams off.

You have to pick your teams based off a structured replacement plan. Team lists need to predict bad scenarios when people are injured or sent off etc...not just throw in Dimitric, Ale, Laban, Zyon Maiu’u (I will stop there, we have too many blockbusting forwards in the undergrades to name).

If I were a NSW cup forward, I would be trying to claim eighty minutes in cup footy from the coach, since eighty minute players are Websters preference.

Laban seems to be the player that gets it, he is trying to be a long minutes guy and probably will be the best of all the younguns at the Warriors based off working harder than Zyon Maiu’u, Dimitric, and Ale.

Last edited:
Silly bets for the weekend:

1000006841.jpg
1000006839.jpg
1000006837.jpg

I think I'm going to go with the triple triple. AFB RTS DWZ to score anyone and add the points start -7.5

Sounds as good as my bets haha.

Although I did just ask Chat GPT, apparently the odds of picking the winner of a match and 3 try scorers is about 1-2500 or so, with that going up to 1-8000 for 4 try scorers haha

Sounds as good as my bets haha.

Although I did just ask Chat GPT, apparently the odds of picking the winner of a match and 3 try scorers is about 1-2500 or so, with that going up to 1-8000 for 4 try scorers haha
Meh. What would Chat GPT know?

Although..... GPT is another triple 🤔

On paper, I think we are stronger in more positions than the Knights. I think their only clear advantage is at centre and possibly the huge threat of Ponga. I think Johnson will bomb Ponga to limit his threat if this is possible. Although come to think of it this aerial tactic which has been used a lot to good effect is probably better used against the wingers who are nearer the sidelines. I do think the 2 players who need a better performance are Montoya and Ford, the latter seems to be a bit too mistake prone atm. I am happy that Pompey gets his chance to start because he was definitely one of our most consistent performers last year. Ali will get his opportunities as he is still very young and biding his time will only increase his hunger to succeed and allow him more time to develop his defensive reads etc. I also think Afoa deserves his spot in the interchange ahead of Ale just based on his defensive qualities. The additions of Egan in the starting lineup and Niukore and Walker on the interchange ensure we definitely have our strongest 17 going into a game against another good side. I hope we lift a gear from the previous 2 games but more importantly come away with another 2 points.
I think it is a tie at prop and I think they might have us in the second row.
Hooker is interesting when you combine the back up hooker.
Who is better
a) Egan/Lussick
b) Crossland/Brailey

The good thing about the side we are rolling out, is that the returning injured players don't have to necessarily play long minutes.

Tohu on paper can play eighty minutes, meaning Dylan Walker can have a gentle intro.

The same is true for Egan and Marata. Freddy can play an hour plus. And Marata can be used briefly because the options (thanks to two eighty minute backrowers and an eighty minute prop in AFB) mean Marata can just play a short spell as well.
With this in mind, would you start Lussick so that Egan can ease into the game off the bench once their forwards tire a little? The downside being that you would have less time with Egan and AFB on the field at the same time, although AFB and Lussick have seemed to work ok together thus far.

I think it is a tie at prop and I think they might have us in the second row.
Hooker is interesting when you combine the back up hooker.
Who is better
a) Egan/Lussick
b) Crossland/Brailey

I think we're better prop wise, assuming Niukore is there as a prop. Even carrying Bunty we still look better.

AFB - 9.5
Barnett - 7.5
Niukore - 6.5
Bunty - 5.5

Saifiti 1 - 7.0
Saifiti 2. 7.5
Croker - 5.5
Hetherington - 6

That's based on performances this year, I feel dirty giving Niukore 6.5 but we don't know how he will go this year but even then, I feel were still miles ahead of what they've produced this year.

Same for our hookers, Egan looks elite and Brailey is still coming back from those injuries so has been below par imo

I think we're better prop wise, assuming Niukore is there as a prop. Even carrying Bunty we still look better.

AFB - 9.5
Barnett - 7.5
Niukore - 6.5
Bunty - 5.5

Saifiti 1 - 7.0
Saifiti 2. 7.5
Croker - 5.5
Hetherington - 6

That's based on performances this year, I feel dirty giving Niukore 6.5 but we don't know how he will go this year but even then, I feel were still miles ahead of what they've produced this year.
Yeah, this is a good analysis. I think we've got the edge at prop, personally. We have one of the two reigning Dally M props of the year in our rotation - there shouldn't be many sides that have a better prop rotation than us...

AFB - 9.5
Barnett - 7.5
Niukore - 6.5
Bunty - 5.5

Saifiti 1 - 7.0
Saifiti 2. 7.5
Croker - 5.5
Hetherington - 6

Same for our hookers, Egan looks elite and Brailey is still coming back from those injuries so has been below par imo
And that's not even adding Tohu at 8.5 when he plays front Row!

Yeah, this is a good analysis. I think we've got the edge at prop, personally. We have one of the two reigning Dally M props of the year in our rotation - there shouldn't be many sides that have a better prop rotation than us...

Although, let's be fair each week there's at least one guy in the other team who is on an absolute mission against the Warriors.

Talakai was great for the Sharks.
Hughes outstanding for the Storm.
Rapana outstanding for the Raiders.

I could deffo see one of the Saifiti boys making over 200m and playing a 9 or 10/10 game against us.

Ahhh to be the hunted this season. Not sure if I enjoy it lol

Although, let's be fair each week there's at least one guy in the other team who is on an absolute mission against the Warriors.

Talakai was great for the Sharks.
Hughes outstanding for the Storm.
Rapana outstanding for the Raiders.

I could deffo see one of the Saifiti boys making over 200m and playing a 9 or 10/10 game against us.

Ahhh to be the hunted this season. Not sure if I enjoy it lol
RTS is set to capitalise off Addins dominance. He is set to rip Newcastle's pack a new one and I respect their pack. But Addin is going to score maybe twice. Barney looks like a midget next to his Saifiti bros but he's going to score an all strength try. Addins will be prettier.

But yeah RTS as link that CNK can and TT can't be yet is going to click this week. Rogey knows how to link and will execute the catch and pass to sublime perfection that most will want him to stay at the back but I'm still in the RTS back to centre cohort.

Getting the pre game vibes now.

Back