Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
Seeing as the Storm game showed that when playing in the halves he hardly passes & never kicks, is his utility value on the bench that valuable when Tohu Harris could do a similar role if we had a mid game injury?

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Seeing as the Storm game showed that when playing in the halves he hardly passes & never kicks, is his utility value on the bench that valuable when Tohu Harris could do a similar role if we had a mid game injury?
He didn’t end up playing in the halves on attack, but if someone did go down I would imagine he would go to 6 and the other player would move to 7. If he drops off the bench it will likely be for a back so they would replace that role

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Jury's out for me on where he sits. Thought we could have a player on our hands after his first couple of games but never really kicked on from that......just didnt offer enough for me. Was disappointed given he used to play 5/8 that we didnt see more ball playing from him...especially before the line. Solid defence wise but no different to what Jazz could offer in that regard, Interchanged between 2nd row and lock a bit and seem to have a mortgage on a starting spot which im not sure was justified week after week given Brownies rotation looked a shamble at times.......and i think that'll be key next season in the jumble of backrowers is getting that balance right,,,,,,,,and some consistency......where Sironen fits in that im not sure.

Reactions: eudebrito

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
Too much was made of his ball playing & versatility when he was signed. He'd never actually started a game at #6 or Centre (despite being named there against the Panthers in the playoffs in 2020 Cam Murray lined up there) in the NRL. In his final year of the NYC he either played 2nd Row or off the bench so I don't know where his experience in other positions comes from

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Yeah I agree he didn’t seem to come on as much as I had hoped. Again, lots of injuries meant that no consistency for everyone across the board - he’s 25 in December so really hes not a young fulla any more, if he’s going to progress it has to be next year or not at all imo. He’s not really a meter eater, has buggar all offloads and tackle breaks in him so will be interesting to see how he goes. I feel the game has left the ‘Micheal Luck tackle bot’ player type behind. While Siro isn’t completely that mould, he’s not shown a lot of attacking attributes this year.
time will tell I guess

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Yeah I agree he didn’t seem to come on as much as I had hoped. Again, lots of injuries meant that no consistency for everyone across the board - he’s 25 in December so really hes not a young fulla any more, if he’s going to progress it has to be next year or not at all imo. He’s not really a meter eater, has buggar all offloads and tackle breaks in him so will be interesting to see how he goes. I feel the game has left the ‘Micheal Luck tackle bot’ player type behind. While Siro isn’t completely that mould, he’s not shown a lot of attacking attributes this year.
time will tell I guess
To small for a second rower at 95kgs. He kept getting run over in defence (93% tackle efficiency is low) and couldn’t make an impact on attack (57m per game ave).

To slow as a centre or halves. Potential as a small lock but we have better options there. Just doesn’t really have a clear position. Utility on the bench?

And we have him for 2 more years. Hope he was cheap as a bench/ reserve player.

Reactions: Sol Man

Ref

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Rotorua
To small for a second rower at 95kgs. He kept getting run over in defence (93% tackle efficiency is low) and couldn’t make an impact on attack (57m per game ave).

To slow as a centre or halves. Potential as a small lock but we have better options there. Just doesn’t really have a clear position. Utility on the bench?

And we have him for 2 more years. Hope he was cheap as a bench/ reserve player.
I suppose I see him as one of those steady, useful types to have at 13 if the props are getting great go forward and the 2nd rowers have flair or brutality or both and he is the "quiet achiever" who makes his tackles, takes it up when he has to, supports the other ball running forwards, runs some decoy lines, throws the odd dummy.
A good squad member to have but not good enough for our top 17 when we are injury free.
He needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
He’s a bit undersized, and went down almost every single game. Would like to see more of him hopefully injury free next season.

Seems intelligent enough on the field and has got some ball handling skills. I think he can play a part for us but unsure where he fits.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings