General Battle lines drawn for 2007 NRL

• Thread starter warriors4life_old
  • Start date

warriors4life_old

From www.warriors.co.nz

Newcomers the Gold Coast Titans will face the Vodafone Warriors twice in the enlarged 2007 NRL competition.

The National Rugby League today confirmed the pools for next season's draw.

The Vodafone Warriors, as a result of their 10th place finish in the minor premiership, sit in Pool B.

In 2007 all teams will play each other once (15 games).

To make up the remaining nine games each team will play all teams in their opposite pool a second time - that accounts for eight games - with the ninth game against the team they are bracketed with in their own pool. On the Vodafone Warriors' case, they're bracketed with Wests Tigers, who finished 11th.

So the Vodafone Warriors will have home and away matches against Melbourne, Newcastle, Manly, Parramatta, North Queensland, Penrith, Cronulla, Gold Coast and Wests Tigers. That accounts for 18 matches. The six teams they'll play only once are the Bulldogs, Brisbane, St George Illawarra, Canberra, the Roosters and South Sydney. Three of those matches will be at home and three away. That is yet to be confirmed.
It means for the third successive season the Vodafone Warriors will take on the Dragons and the Raiders only once. In both 2005 and this year, they played the Dragons in Wollongong while last year the only Canberra encounter was in Auckland while this year it was in Canberra.

The pools for 2007 are based on competition standings after 26 rounds of the 2006 competition as follows:

Pool A

1 Storm
4 Knights

5 Sea Eagles
8 Eels

9 Cowboys
12 Panthers

13 Sharks
16 Titans

Pool B

2 Bulldogs
3 Broncos

6 Dragons
7 Raiders

10 Vodafone Warriors
11 Wests Tigers

14 Roosters
15 Rabbitohs

Skinny_Ravs82

Hmm that's very interesting but am looking forward to it. Such a shame we haven't played the Dragons twice ina year for quite some time thou...want to be the crap out of them...lol

Northern_Union

I tell ya we'll have to watch out for the Rabbito's they are putting together a good squad.

Jesbass_old

Okay, so put simply, the Warriors will play:

Melbourne Storm (2)
Newcastle Knights (2)
Manly Sea Eagles (2)
Parramatta Eels (2)
North Queensland Cowboys (2)
Penrith Panthers (2)
Cronulla Sharks (2)
Gold Coast Titans (2)
Wests Tigers (2)
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (1)
Brisbane Broncos (1)
St George-Illawarra Dragons (1)
Canberra Raiders (1)
Sydney Roosters (1)
South Sydney Rabbitohs (1)
BYE (2)

Skinny_Ravs82

Oh I'm thrilled about the two games against Melbounre! Just means I get to see the boys again next year. Yah!

warriorfaithful*_old

Awesome cant wait for 2007. The new way of running the comp looks good to.

Northern_Union

Now all we need is for the Orcs to be brought into the comp.

MiXmasterreece_old

RS_Dragon said:
Now all we need is for the Orcs to be brought into the comp.

I was hoping for the Gore Gladiators, but the Orcas would do I spose.....

fiamacho_old

Damn the Warriors play the Broncos only once !!! I hope it is a home game at Mt Smart.

AmeriKiwi_old

I was hoping we`d be playing the Rabbitohs at least 6 times next year. The total score after 6 games would be Warriors 8,122 ... Rabbitohs 0.

Skinny_Ravs82

fiamacho said:
Damn the Warriors play the Broncos only once !!! I hope it is a home game at Mt Smart.

:p it don't matter where we play the Broncos. Just as long as we beat them!

*Kimmy*_old

Woo..they play the tigers twice..i hope 1 game is in christchurch..knowing me it wont be!!

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

AmeriKiwi said:
I was hoping we`d be playing the Rabbitohs at least 6 times next year. The total score after 6 games would be Warriors 8,122 ... Rabbitohs 0.

lol :lol:

warriorfaithful*_old

Go_The_Doggies said:
Woo..they play the tigers twice..i hope 1 game is in christchurch..knowing me it wont be!!

Im hoping one game is in christchurch to. :)

Northern_Union

AmeriKiwi said:

I think if you look at there playing squad for next season buddie you might find your tune changed a little, it's a pretty good squad.

*Kimmy*_old

RS_Dragon said:
AmeriKiwi said:

I think if you look at there playing squad for next season buddie you might find your tune changed a little, it's a pretty good squad.
Esp with the likes of Aso, Kidwell, Nigel!!...damn bunnies :cry:

Jesbass_old

fiamacho said:

Fia, are you based in Auckland or Brisbane?