General Baseball Thread

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Sorry if someone's started a thread about the Tuatara elsewhere so mods please move if so:

Following the Tuatara v Heat via the ABL official website. Tuatara 4-0 up at present http://web.theabl.com.au/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2018_11_17_aucwin_prtwin_1&mode=gameday.

Interesting following it via stats only rather than text commentary - which is what you get following football via https://www.skysports.com/football/fixtures. For me, with league/union/fooball stats only commentary is kinda scary because when the opposition are on attack, you don't know if they're right on your line or 40m out...

The organ music is the most prominant thing about baseball for me so far - don't think any other sport does that. And, boy, there's a whole heap of statistics to get into...

Anyway, good to have another Kiwi team in an Aussie competition, even if the teal looks a bit weird to some (I like it). I just hope the Voda Mightyfone Warriors nab a premiership before the Phoenix and Tuatara.

Last edited:
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
I just hope the Voda Mightyfone Warriors nab a premiership before the Phoenix and Tuatara.
I will bet on the Warriors, just don't ask me for a timeframe.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Followed the initial sports interviews.

Always felt like we played the wrong Sports....Softball....Cricket...Netball Rigby Union....

It would make a lot more sense to play US sports....and the world game Football.

Instead we play these daft British Empire sports by accident of history....I digress...

It makes a lot more sense to teach kids to chuck a pitch than do a inverted Cricket bowl weird movement.

Same goes for bowls....

While I'm digressing....Stephen King plays Softball.....bought a feild in his hometown so he and his Yankee old boys freinds since school can play their own games.

Anyway good luck to the Tuatara...nothing against the blacksocks....no disrespect intended.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
It makes a lot more sense to teach kids to chuck a pitch than do a inverted Cricket bowl weird movement.
I think there are millions more follow cricket than baseball...surely?
Instead we play these daft British Empire sports by accident of history....I digress...
Actually it is because the Maori took to rugby like a fish to water, and then had the foresight to tour England as a Native team with a style of play never seen before. That sparked the coalminers up North as to how to change their game when they broke away from union. Nothing to do with Queen Victoria, who as it happens was just a vertically challenged German short arse.

Reaction score
Big_Fattz

Big_Fattz

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
I will tell you now from experience that softball is 10x the game that baseball is, even more so in new Zealand. Although I am a little biased as I have played softball since I was 4 (tee ball until 10years old) but I joined a baseball team for a season and lasted 1 game

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
I think there are millions more follow cricket than baseball...surely?
I think Cricket would probably win thanks to the subcontinent but Baseball is HUGE is Japan/Korea and a decent amount of Asia - itd probably be closer than you think.

Top Bottom