General Bartercard Cup Round 2

tmaster_old

I think the competition is coming along nicely. Monday Night League I thought brought about a huge surprise with the Jetz beating Harbour League. Considering that Counties-Manukau are:

1) In all sorts of trouble of the field
2) Their new coach gary kemble doesn't even know half of the players on his team
3) They've only had about 5 minutes team training
4) They got smashed by the Stallions in round 1
5) Their chief playmaker and Captain Gavin Bailey and top point-scorer Lee Tamatoa left
6) And they played Harbour League who had a very good team and came off beating the Waitakere Rangers in Round 1.

It's also nice to see the Stallions doing the business. they have now officially equaled the number of wins they had all of last season. Lance should be playing for the Warriors but I'm stoked that if he ain't he's with boys from Waicoa Bay.

Anything else interesting happend in the 2nd round for your team?

AliN_old

Waicoa Bay won two in a row :)

How about the number 8 for the Jetz. 150kg of pure strength!

Skinner_old

RS_Dragon said:
Wheres Gavin Baily playing now?

What are the crowds like?

Bailey has gone back West to the Waitakere franchise and the
crowds have been small (in Auckland anyway - can't speak for
the other districts).

Cheers
Skinner

AliN_old

can't wait to shift north the end of May, then there'll be a few more to add to crowd figures :)

tmaster_old

Yep MNL is scheduled to have about 5 games out in regions and I think those will have good turn outs. The next Monday game will be at Erricson which the usual home for televised Bartercard Cup games and it's more central so hopefully there might be a few more attending. Not to mention the game should be awesome!

The Rangers vs Lions common think of the match ups

Buckingham vs Bailey
Start vs Nelson
Turua/Guttenbeil/Rua vs Fa'alogo/Swann/O'Regan
McClennan vs Perenara

This is the match that I've been looking forward to the most so far. Hopefully the Rangers have stateted to come together as a team and hopefully it doesn't rain so that the calss backs on both sides can reallly show what they've got.

Skinner_old

The problem with televised Bartercard at Ericsson 1 is that it
looks even worse than Nth Harbour when there is bugger all
folks there.

Hopefully with this being a real local derby there will be a reasonable
crowd turns up - I can't see it though. Franchise based footy doesn't
bring a crowd.

Cheers
Skinner

Bulldog_old

I was impressed with the Jetz second rower, Mark Suniula (sp?)..he was a hard man on defence, forcing a lot of errors and he pulled off a few good offloads as well. I can see him go further, especially with Gary Kemble there as coach. Is Kemble there for good or just for the interim?

tmaster_old

To the best of my knowledge he has signed for the year but I don't think it exyends any further than that at this point.

Fobin_Hood_old

tmaster said:
Yep MNL is scheduled to have about 5 games out in regions and I think those will have good turn outs. The next Monday game will be at Erricson which the usual home for televised Bartercard Cup games and it's more central so hopefully there might be a few more attending. Not to mention the game should be awesome!

The Rangers vs Lions common think of the match ups

Buckingham vs Bailey
Start vs Nelson
Turua/Guttenbeil/Rua vs Fa'alogo/Swann/O'Regan
McClennan vs Perenara

This is the match that I've been looking forward to the most so far. Hopefully the Rangers have stateted to come together as a team and hopefully it doesn't rain so that the calss backs on both sides can reallly show what they've got.

Who do u think will come on top?? I personally think the Lions have a little bit too much class especially with rampant forwards Stowers and McDade along with Misi Taulapapa and everyone else. I dont know anything about the new Waitakere franchise anyone wanna fill me in? I hear they have warrior Robinson Godfrey?? Game of the round I reckon!!!