DANNY BROUGH_old

Probably had the game of his life today! We beat Widnes 42-10.. Cas are back in SL!!
He scored 2 tries, and wasnt far off getting a hat-trick!
:rockon:
Ill post clips of them in a couple of days.
:D

rovelli_old

So he should. A true leader who stuck by them last year even though they were relegated. Good to see them back in the top league.

Jesbass_old

Great news for any Warriors fan.

Danny, how are the local Castleford fans responding to the co-captaincy being shared between a New Zealander and an Australian? Is it seen as a snub for any young English leaders?

DANNY BROUGH_old

Great news for any Warriors fan.

Danny, how are the local Castleford fans responding to the co-captaincy being shared between a New Zealander and an Australian? Is it seen as a snub for any young English leaders?

Most people are delighted by Guttenbeil's promotion - and some are unsure about Sherwin. Guttenbeil has already proved himself as loyal to the club, and he always seems to take charge for the team. (https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CiyCyfdoj3E)

The only reason why people are annoyed by the decision, is the fact that its been stripped from Andrew Henderson AGAIN. (Ths guy captained us both times we've been promoted to SL. People want his loyalty to be rewarded. Last time we were in SL, he got it taken off him and given to Danny Nutley.)

Jesbass_old

Most people are delighted by Guttenbeil's promotion - and some are unsure about Sherwin. Guttenbeil has already proved himself as loyal to the club, and he always seems to take charge for the team. (https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CiyCyfdoj3E)

The only reason why people are annoyed by the decision, is the fact that its been stripped from Andrew Henderson AGAIN. (Ths guy captained us both times we've been promoted to SL. People want his loyalty to be rewarded. Last time we were in SL, he got it taken off him and given to Danny Nutley.)

That truly is stunning footage. I'd love to see footage of my own team in that sort of raw quality.

Great words from Guts, too.

It's a pity for Henderson. I was worried that co-captaincy for two foreigners might not be the best thing. The Warriors had co-captains in 2001(?). One was an Australian - Kevin Campion - but Warriors fans embraced the decision because he had already shown his ability to literally bleed for the cause. And the other was a New Zealander. A Misseur S Jones. ;)

It's strange that the captain who has twice brought you guys back into the top flight loses his captaincy for whatever reason. I'm sure a Henderson/Guttenbeil co-captaincy would have been well received?

WarriorDiva_old

to me sherwin have never really been a leader. must of been a deal castleford made to get him to join the club. big mistake imo

DANNY BROUGH_old

That truly is stunning footage. I'd love to see footage of my own team in that sort of raw quality.

Great words from Guts, too.

It's a pity for Henderson. I was worried that co-captaincy for two foreigners might not be the best thing. The Warriors had co-captains in 2001(?). One was an Australian - Kevin Campion - but Warriors fans embraced the decision because he had already shown his ability to literally bleed for the cause. And the other was a New Zealander. A Misseur S Jones. ;)

It's strange that the captain who has twice brought you guys back into the top flight loses his captaincy for whatever reason. I'm sure a Henderson/Guttenbeil co-captaincy would have been well received?

That footage is from a show broadcast by the BBC. Called Rugby League Raw, and it follows the NL1 + NL2 play-offs. Its a fantastic show.
Henderson is the one who is saying ''We talk about making other people proud, we make each other proud out there. Whatever it takes - be remembered.'' in the group talk just before the teams go out. Andrew has a 2 brothers in SL, one who plays for Bradford and one who plays for Wakefield.
You could argue that we will still have had a foreign captain even if Hendo hadn't have been stripped of the captaincy. He was born in Devon (UK), but lived in Australia all of his life. I think the reason why he gave it up for Gutts and Sherwin is because of the fact that he's not going to be on the field as much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesbass_old

That footage is from a show broadcast by the BBC. Called Rugby League Raw, and it follows the NL1 + NL2 play-offs. Its a fantastic show.
Henderson is the one who is saying ''We talk about making other people proud, we make each other proud out there. Whatever it takes - be remembered.'' in the group talk just before the teams go out. Andrew has a 2 brothers in SL, one who plays for Bradford and one who plays for Wakefield.
You could argue that we will still have had a foreign captain even if Hendo hadn't have been stripped of the captaincy. He was born in Devon (UK), but lived in Australia all of his life. I think the reason why he gave it up for Gutts and Sherwin is because of the fact that he's not going to be on the field as much.

He's got a pretty strong Aussie accent, too. ;)

I'm guessing he's a forward, then? Any relation to Ian Henderson, new signing for the Warriors?

I see from the press release that if Guttenbeil was an 80 minute player, he probably would have been sole captain. Is that how you read the release?

DANNY BROUGH_old

He's got a pretty strong Aussie accent, too. ;)

I'm guessing he's a forward, then? Any relation to Ian Henderson, new signing for the Warriors?

I see from the press release that if Guttenbeil was an 80 minute player, he probably would have been sole captain. Is that how you read the release?

Im sorry, yeah Ian Henderson is the brother of Andrew. He used to play for Bradford, great player.
And Andrew plays at hooker, I think it tells you here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Henderson_(rugby_league_footballer)
I think Awen will be playing 60min+ in most of our games this year, but I dont think that if he was playing the full 80min then he would sole-captain. I still think Matterson will have had two captains.

Jesbass_old

Im sorry, yeah Ian Henderson is the brother of Andrew. He used to play for Bradford, great player.
And Andrew plays at hooker, I think it tells you here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Henderson_(rugby_league_footballer)
I think Awen will be playing 60min+ in most of our games this year, but I dont think that if he was playing the full 80min then he would sole-captain. I still think Matterson will have had two captains.

Fair enough. A pity he's injured, though. I hope he has a great season, that the Tigers avoid relegation, and that the adjustment from SL1 to SL isn't too large a leap for your team. Good luck for 2008. :)