General 2023 Home Semi Tickets - Member Presale

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only time I've bought a membership, being a non-Aucklander, was one of the years they offered a presale or discount or whatever it was to the Wellington game that year (probably the one where I picked up the yellow jersey proudly displayed in my profile pic heh).

If the money goes towards the Warriors, I'm not against it just as a bit of a 'thank you' for the epic season, but will be the first time I've paid for the privilege of being in a pre-sale (haven't done it yet but probably will)

The club have just started selling a finals pass membership that gains you access to a presale.
$49.95 though.
Guaranteed those feckers will be buying 6 each
1693812335407.png

I was a member last year and some of the years prior to COVID, but didn't get one this year as I was moving out of Auckland and didn't want to shell out when I couldn't attend most of the games this year.

If there are any members this year who wont be going to what ever home final we have, would anyone be willing to allow me to purchase a few tickets from your presale please? Cheeky I know, but I'm currently overseas and am flying home on the 10th September, returning on the 12th and am worried I won't get the opportunity to get any when they go on sale!

I was a member last year and some of the years prior to COVID, but didn't get one this year as I was moving out of Auckland and didn't want to shell out when I couldn't attend most of the games this year.

If there are any members this year who wont be going to what ever home final we have, would anyone be willing to allow me to purchase a few tickets from your presale please? Cheeky I know, but I'm currently overseas and am flying home on the 10th September, returning on the 12th and am worried I won't get the opportunity to get any when they go on sale!
Tookey 2.0
PM me

Yeah, just saw a link to the Finals FanPass popup on facebook, took me to this page below.

So is this basically a donation to the Warriors to get the chance for a ticket (actual seat not guaranteed?)

View attachment 157

Looks like they have gotten in a little trouble because of it

The Warriors have had to change their website’s wording around a controversial “finals fastpass”, which will see fans pay $49 for a chance to buy tickets to the upcoming NRL finals.

Initially, many believed the fee guaranteed a seat at the upcoming finals games, but this wasn’t the case. Instead, it meant customers got a better chance at securing tickets. Nothing was guaranteed.

The website now makes it clear that even if you pay the fee, you still might not get a ticket.

So, is it a good deal for fans? Joining Breakfast this morning, Consumer NZ’s Jon Duffy said it all “depends on how big a Warriors fan you are”.

He said that when he first visited the website, he was “confused” by the wording used.

“So I had to go and have another look at other reportings where journalists had asked questions to actually understand what was going on.

“It looked as if people were able to join the club for a fee and were guaranteed a ticket to subsequent games."

He said that when businesses are offering “representations in trade”, they are legally required to make sure their wording is unambiguous, honest and understandable.

And while the original wording was definitely confusing, Duffy says the changes they made were sufficient.

“It sounds like the amendments they have made to their wording have addressed that,” he said.

But for those who bought passes before the clarification, Duffy said "there might be a case” to take to the Disputes Tribunal to claim some expenses back.

“For example, if you’ve gone ahead and booked accommodation, if they’ve booked flights to Auckland if you live outside Auckland.”

1News reached out to the Warriors, who said they had no further comment.

I thought it was a little grubby when I saw it advertised, but considering they don't get anything from the gate or merch sales for the home final, can understand why they have done it.. Gotta pay for that private jet somehow lol

Is there a date set for us if we are in the Semi finals?
Friday 15th or Saturday 16th?

Also, is there date set for us if we are in the Preliminary finals?
Friday 22nd or Saturday 23rd?

Asking as I might book some accommodation ahead, that can be cancelled depending on what happens. But I think I'd rather book one night instead of two, as the rest of the travel costs will add up.

Is there a date set for us if we are in the Semi finals?
Friday 15th or Saturday 16th?

Also, is there date set for us if we are in the Preliminary finals?
Friday 22nd or Saturday 23rd?

Asking as I might book some accommodation ahead, that can be cancelled depending on what happens. But I think I'd rather book one night instead of two, as the rest of the travel costs will add up.
Nah, wont be confirmed till the week before. But potentially more likely to be Saturday, as i think the club will push for this 6pm kick off again

Nah, wont be confirmed till the week before. But potentially more likely to be Saturday, as i think the club will push for this 6pm kick off again
Cheers.

I had a good Google and couldn't find anything, but I thought I might have seen something on here during the week.

Also wondering whether I just save the cash for a trip to Oz 3 weeks from now ;)

I'm hoping the prelim (if we make it) is on the Saturday, I'm playing a pub gig on Friday 22nd and would rather not cancel that if possible.

Of course if the Warriors do play on the Friday I'm definitely canning it regardless if I can make the game, already warned my bandmates earlier in the season when our band dates were scheduled hah!

Looks like they have gotten in a little trouble because of it

I thought it was a little grubby when I saw it advertised, but considering they don't get anything from the gate or merch sales for the home final, can understand why they have done it.. Gotta pay for that private jet somehow lol
Cameron George again? 🤔

the club also just emails through this eDM FAQ

2023 Finals Series Need to Knows

Following advice regarding the pre-sale window for NRL Finals Series ticketing, see below for additional information to assist in the purchase process.

How do I access the pre-sale as a ticketed member? (Reserved Seat and GA Season Passes)

The NRL will send Members an email with a unique AAN number on Sunday 3 September. The One New Zealand Warriors will send members an email to confirm AAN numbers and a link to the pre-sale event each Monday prior to a Finals series game.

These AAN codes will be the same for all Finals Series games. The member pre-sale will be 12pm NZT each Monday.

How do I access the pre-sale as a non-ticketed member? (FanPass and Supporter passes)

The pre-sale time for non-ticketed members is 3pm NZT each Monday prior to a Finals Series game. The code for non-ticketed members is NZW2023

Can I visit Go Media Stadium Mt Smart or call the One New Zealand Warriors ticketing team to process the tickets for me?

No. The One New Zealand Warriors offices at Go Media Stadium, Mt Smart will notbe able to process any ticket sales for the Finals Series. Public access to Mt Smart will be limited to those with appointments during this time.

How many tickets can I purchase using the AAN/Access code?

Ticketed and Non-Ticketed members are able to purchase up to 6 seats for a finals game played at Go Media Stadium, Mt Smart, and up to 10 seats at all other venues.

Can I purchase my usual membership seats for a game at Go Media Stadium, Mt Smart?

Due to the Finals Series being operated by the NRL, we are unable to offer same seat redemption at Go Media Stadium, Mt Smart.

One New Zealand Warriors Members will be able to purchase up to 6 tickets in any available location via Ticketmaster once the pre-sale window opens.

My AAN code/Access code won’t work?

On the event page for relevant finals games, enter your AAN code anywhere it says Enter Offer Code or similar.

If your code is still not working, contact the One New Zealand Warriors Membership team via phone 0800839839 or email memberships@warriors.kiwi

Note that for any games played at other venues, another ticketing provider may be used so please check your email correspondence carefully.

Will there be a game at Eden Park?

At this stage, no decision has been made regarding the venues for New Zealand home games, but will be advised in due course.

Will my 2023 membership card be valid for any of the Finals Series games that may be played at Go Media Stadium, Mt Smart?

No. Your 2023 Membership cards are only valid for the 9 regular season home games during the 2023 season, with the last of these games being Friday 25thAugust.

Likewise, your membership card will not provide access to any discounts on Official Warriors Merchandise that may be sold at any of the Finals Series games.
Anyone know what the go is with Westpac early sales tickets? Is it if you bank with Westpac and is it oz or nz Westpac?

Anyone know what the go is with Westpac early sales tickets? Is it if you bank with Westpac and is it oz or nz Westpac?
The Westpac presale wasnt there at about 6am, then I saw it after you mentioned it, and now it's gone again.
I think it must have been an error. Westpac NZ doesn't sponsor NRL

Trying to remember from our last finals series, but I'm sure we could buy our existing membership seat. I thought we would have a reserved time on those seats. 26 years in the same seats and feels a bit of a bummer not sitting in them for the big games.
Also, is it 6 seats per seat? or 6 seats total?

Trying to remember from our last finals series, but I'm sure we could buy our existing membership seat. I thought we would have a reserved time on those seats. 26 years in the same seats and feels a bit of a bummer not sitting in them for the big games.
I'm with you on that

This was in the email from MRL on 3 Sept

Same Seat Member Option
Where Stadium availability allows, selected Club Ticketed Members will receive separate communication from their Clubs with a password to redeem your Same Seat each week of the Finals Series.

This in the Warriors email

Can I purchase my usual membership seats for a game at Go Media Stadium, Mt Smart?
Due to the Finals Series being operated by the NRL, we are unable to offer same seat redemption at Go Media Stadium, Mt Smart.

We are being treated abysmally

It's a real bummer they've not been able to offered your membership seat. Gus Gould was saying its a slap in the face for members on his twitter.

I'm pretty sure it's one AAN code and 6 tickets per membership / not per seat.

It's a real bummer they've not been able to offered your membership seat. Gus Gould was saying its a slap in the face for members on his twitter.

I'm pretty sure it's one AAN code and 6 tickets per membership / not per seat.
I'm not worried about buying extra seats, suddenly a lot of mates are messaging me........... but we should have first dibs on the seats we have every game.
Anyone can get the right to buy tickets early, become a season ticket holder, screw this $49 bandwagoner shit too :)

I'm not worried about buying extra seats, suddenly a lot of mates are messaging me........... but we should have first dibs on the seats we have every game.
Anyone can get the right to buy tickets early, become a season ticket holder, screw this $49 bandwagoner shit too :)
Its quite stressful isn't it. We should be guaranteed the seats we have during the year 100%

And yup the $49 is a bandwagon tax for sure.

And as for all the bandwagon crying about not moving to Eden Park. Suck it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back