Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What the hell happened to the legalize pot and euthanasia vote that labor made everyone do ? How much money was wasted on that ?

I know two couples, same age group, all professionals. Last time three voted Labour and one National. This time, three Act and one National.
They tell me most of their friends are voting the same. All these people are wanting to get ahead, work hard, own their own first homes after hard saving and study and keeping their pants up, or at least not having random kids. Their families although not rich have expectations unlike many Kiwi's.
Spot on. The alternative is I leave, which is already on the cards. I don’t want to be away from family, but there really doesn’t seem like much option at this point,

The young people I mentioned are all saying the same thing if things don't change. They are earning far less money staying here. We need people like this.
Young people have been moving to Australia in particular for many years and I am was one of those but many years ago.
Weather is the most likeable aspect for me.
Gold Coast now has 2 tent cities set up to accommodate people with no where to live. Loved my time there but have no regrets about being home.
Mates I have known for many years are complaining about exactly the same things we are currently seeing in NZ

Last edited:
The young people I mentioned are all saying the same thing if things don't change. They are earning far less money staying here. We need people like this.
There’s no incentive to stay. It’s not the NZ it once was where lower wages were accepted for an amazing lifestyle. This isn’t the case anymore. It’s shit pay & pretty average place to reside currently. Grass is greener etc, but I have close friends loving life overseas & likely won’t return

Mediocrity? Anything is better than the last few years & the votes will show this. People are done with this govt. crime is up, education success rates are down, mental health is stretched, the hospitals are running their staff to the ground & we’re poorer as a nation. A change in govt is required, at least give someone else a go because what they’re doing & were they’re spending our money clearly isn’t working.
Mate, some clowns just can't seem to grasp the reality of the situation. Don't want to vote for mediocrity despite it being a massive improvement on the alternative. So either they vote for the current mob, for what reason I'm not sure, or they don't vote at all. Please take that option! Maybe they might find some solace with Winston 😏

Mate, some clowns just can't seem to grasp the reality of the situation. Don't want to vote for mediocrity despite it being a massive improvement on the alternative. So either they vote for the current mob, for what reason I'm not sure, or they don't vote at all. Please take that option! Maybe they might find some solace with Winston 😏
Cool story bro🙄

I guess your post is directed towards me and some of my posts.
You probably missed my post today saying I would love National to take over and start sorting out all the problems we have in NZ.
With the inability of the Nats to verify their tax policy and therefore the financial process I have very little faith in them. However they will probably get my vote by default.
Luxon is waiting for the grandeur and Willis is waiting for him to slip up.
Oh and no Peters will never get my vote.
Mediocrity is what I said and what we can expect

I’ve seen him around town and he gives off bad vibes. Arrogance?
My thoughts also. Terrible communication with a country bumpkin type appearance. This is one of the reasons that I doubt Luxons ability that he has stood by a very poor candidate.
What was he thinking and that's not to mention what we now know about his past

Last edited:
Back