General Auckland Vulcans Vs. Cronulla-sutherland Sharks.

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Spence you're weren't supposed to agree with me!!!

You were supposed to swear at me so I can then use a witty pun about fishing and you taking the bait!!

Geez it's like preparing for a check mate 7 moves in advance only to win in the next 2!

Pleasing and disapointing at the same time.

You may have won the battle, but you have not won the war. Anyway, back on topic...

I might head out to this game, should be a good one. See you there ToiletDuck ToiletDuck?

I kinda think it would be better to give Locke one more week to freshen up. I think he should sit this game out and return to first grade the next week. I guess he is there for the same reason as Carlos. They feel they are fit to play but could benefit from the extra run in the Vulcans. If Locke isn't ready. I don't think it would be silly to run Omar at FB, if he is ready to return form injury. It will give him a nice step up and we get to see how he matches up against men. If he does well, and opportunity presents itself this season, we should give him a run in first grade, at either wing or FB. But we should get his scribble on a contract first.

best looking vulcans team of the year. if i had my chance to select tthis side i would have gone for fish at the back with locke on the wing i really think we need to look at moving locke to manus wing where he can be more of a try scorer and have manu move to the forwards. fish needs more time at fullback for him to get his combinations spot on. hope carlos gets a good run also.

Is Locke definitely sitting it out?
I pretty much busted when I saw Locke named. We need him vs the Storm. 3 games Fish has played, 3 games our backline D has been a shambles. I don't believe in coincidences.
With Steve Rapira continuing to play at prop, I think it's unlikely we will see him in the NRL side this season, save for another injury to Sam or Lillyman. Which, to be fair, is pretty likely.

best looking vulcans team of the year. if i had my chance to select tthis side i would have gone for fish at the back with locke on the wing i really think we need to look at moving locke to manus wing where he can be more of a try scorer and have manu move to the forwards. fish needs more time at fullback for him to get his combinations spot on. hope carlos gets a good run also.
I don't understand why someone would want to move such a dynamic fullback back to the wing, where he struggled, just to make room for a guy who has shown isn't up to first grade standard.

What does it take for some people to understand you need to play the best option in the position, not put two subpar options in, and hope for the best?

Locke is NOT a winger, if anything you would play him at 5/8th, where he is considered a genuine option. And Fish is not a first grader.

Reactions: BHP and Hitman82
locke scores more trys on the wing than what he does at fullback
Of course. All wingers score regularly. Locke was no different, but his defence was weak, and he struggled to secure regular first grade spots last year before his move to fullback. He may not score a lot from FB, but he is certainly involved. To consider him better on the wing simply because he scored more often is to ignore all of the benefits of his FB work.

I honestly believe that moving Locke back to the wing is one of the most foolish options available. We may as well have Manu at hooker, cos I've seen him run from dummy half.

locke scores more trys on the wing than what he does at fullback
You are just trying to wind Nig up I'm almost certain bigstu......Locke to the Wing would make sense If Fisiahi had turned out infinately better at fb....Locke while not a Winger was quite good at it towards the end....better than the incumbents this week...

lockes error rate at fullback is second worst in the team only to manu and how many games has locke played this year. when he was playing he wasn't half the player he was in 2012.

lockes error rate at fullback is second worst in the team only to manu and how many games has locke played this year. when he was playing he wasn't half the player he was in 2012.

Good fullbacks are always going to have more errors than other players, they handle the ball a huge amount of times per game, and a lot of the time under a tonne of
pressure...Slater has the most errors for the Storm, so does Barba and B.Stewart for their teams.
Fish is an over-hyped non event in first grade at fullback, and isn't half the player Locke is.....Lockes worst game at fullback is still better than fish's best.

thing is fish hasn't been in the side half as long as locke so how is supposed to have the same combinations. fish already looks to show better support play than locke something we have lost with hohaia now out of the team . people can bag lance all they want but atleast he knew how to be a support runner.

thing is fish hasn't been in the side half as long as locke so how is supposed to have the same combinations. fish already looks to show better support play than locke something we have lost with hohaia now out of the team . people can bag lance all they want but atleast he knew how to be a support runner.

Same old response...every time a Fish fan tries to defend him, they go straight to the try scoring and lack of combinations or poor go forward from our pack blah blah....
nobody cares about his try scoring ability, we know he's got speed and good support play (only in the Vulcans it seems)....it's his defense that we all have a problem with,
he's got no idea how to read the game, and his attitude is terrible, granted he tried a little harder versus the tig's, but it will take more than one game of slightly improved
effort to prove anything....and he was still woefully out of position all game.