General Auckland or New Zealand Warriors?

Auckland Warriors or New Zealand Warriors.

• Auckland

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
Kinda bit sad with Auckland tonight over the murder of that British backpacker in Auckland. :(
Just cannot vote Auckland & ticked "Don't Care"

Sorry to be on a downer.. I think most of the country is when they heard the outcome.

Maybe just the "Warriors"
Might attract more Aussie talent & fans if we take the NZ association away from the club.

Does NZ rep overseas no good either
Saw the headline for the missing lady on the BBC News TV this morning
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/worl...zealand-police-say/ar-BBQEQss?ocid=spartanntp

Last edited:

tajhay

🏉
Dont care really.

But prefer NZ rather than Australia for a few reasons. The club is part of an Australian comp, and plays half of its games here. I imagine its easier for other clubs to try to get expats to come support the team from NZ rather than from Auckland. The Breakers are known as NZ Breakers arent they but obviously Phoenix arent? As an expat if i had same interest in soccer and basketball, i would be more willing to goto a game involving the NZ team, rather than Wellington, or wherever.

People in NZ would never hear the 'NZ Warriors' though...it would always be the 'Vodafone Warriors'. Bit tacky but it is what it is. Publications would prefer change it to 'NZ Warriors' to avoid like they are advertising Vodafone.

I am happy for them to be called NZ Warriors, but if a second NZ license comes around (long way away IMO), then the club should revert back to Auckland Warriors.

bruce

Contributor
if a second NZ license comes around (long way away IMO),
Hell is going to freeze over?o_O
Kinda bit sad with Auckland tonight over the murder of that British backpacker in Auckland. :(
Just cannot vote Auckland & ticked "Don't Care"

Sorry to be on a downer.. I think most of the country is when they heard the outcome.
Tragic story but there are murderers and murderers all over the planet, not just here. There have been some tragic murders of young tourists in NZ, sadly this won't be the last.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Dont care really.

But prefer NZ rather than Australia for a few reasons. The club is part of an Australian comp, and plays half of its games here. I imagine its easier for other clubs to try to get expats to come support the team from NZ rather than from Auckland. The Breakers are known as NZ Breakers arent they but obviously Phoenix arent? As an expat if i had same interest in soccer and basketball, i would be more willing to goto a game involving the NZ team, rather than Wellington, or wherever.

People in NZ would never hear the 'NZ Warriors' though...it would always be the 'Vodafone Warriors'. Bit tacky but it is what it is. Publications would prefer change it to 'NZ Warriors' to avoid like they are advertising Vodafone.

I am happy for them to be called NZ Warriors, but if a second NZ license comes around (long way away IMO), then the club should revert back to Auckland Warriors.

As you said with the expat support in Aus Majority are there to Support because it’s a NZ team rather than an Auckland one...
I’m only a casual basketball supporter but will go see the breakers when they are in town but am yet to see the Phoenix (granted soccer is horrible sport lol)