General Auckland/New Zealand Warriors Autographs Open Thread

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by ¿N. ig-mah¿, Jul 14, 2013.

1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

Already hit a roadblock with Aaron Lester! Also Adam Blair has changed his autograph plenty over the years. Wondering if I just do his current one as that the only one Warriors fans will be concerned with...

2. Ever Hopeful
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Ever Hopeful 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

I have several other players in other team colours, but I have just stuck to Warriors and Kiwi, as that is all I now currently collect.

I used to (and probably still do have) each of the following in other team colours if you get desperate:

Cooper Vuna, Jason Bell, Beale, Perenara, Gavet, Sao, Matagi, Galuvao, J Wright, Foran, Oudenryn, M Carter (All Blacks), Spence, Whatuira, Hiku, Blair, Pethybridge, Likiliki, Green, Harris.

I was overseas a lot in the early days so missed most of the random one game wonders.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  3. Hardyman's Yugo
    Join:
    Jun 2, 2017

Hardyman's Yugo 1st Grade Fringe

You'll struggle. As far as I know he still lives in Whitehaven Cumbria, the same town as I grew up in. I don't go there often and I don't know anyone who really knows him either, lost touch with a lot of my old mates.

4. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Assistant Ballboy Contributor

Ever Hopeful those are impressive! Must have taken a huge effort to collect,thanks for sharing

5. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

You gotta be joking! Anyone who lives there and even casually follows the league team will know Aaron. He played there for a decade and been honoured as a Marra Immortal.

I'll have his autograph on a jersey or poster. Just gotta find it and take a pic...

6. Hardyman's Yugo
    Join:
    Jun 2, 2017

Hardyman's Yugo 1st Grade Fringe

I know full well who he is. If it's only a photo of a signature you need I'll see what I can do over the summer when I visit my folks.
    You have to remember though I follow the rivals, Workington. Rivalry on the pitch (and off it tbh) can be like Game of Thrones without the gratuitous sex

7. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

So, any signed #7 Jerseys going cheap?

8. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Always thought these would be my favourites but my Mannerings are much more treasured now...

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

9. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

Whoa. That is so awesome Mt Wellington ! Man, it must take you a lifetime of work to build and to maintain a collection like one that you have got. Seriously dude where do you even start ? That and does anybody else on here find it little bit funny considering recent spate of events surrounding his departure from club that commemorative 2015 Shaun Johnson Anzac Jersey talks about self sacrifice and laying down his life for his country ? No ? Just me. Alright ... :sorry:

10. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

My advice would be to start smoking crack instead. Much cheaper. ¿N. ig-mah¿ will tell you the same...

11. Eva
    Join:
    May 4, 2012

Eva NSW Cup Player

Hi All :)
    I was gifted a signed Jersey from my sister and I've been trying to figure out who's signature is who's. mt.wellington directed me to this thread. I have one pic that I took yesterday and added numbers to, in order to try and identify signatures and if need be I can take extra pics/close up pics tonight.
    Thanks for your help :)

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

12. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Ever Hopeful is best for the job...

13. Ever Hopeful
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Ever Hopeful 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Can't help too much on this one. I missed collecting signatures last year so don't know some of the younger/newer guys.

1. ? (but looks like a messy version of Green's old signature), 3. ? but reads Tevaga? 4 RTS, 5. Ayshford, 6. Harris, 7. Maumalo, 8. Lisone, 9. Kata, 10. Blair, 12. Roache, 13 Ah Mau, 14. ? But reads Keighran? 18. Pulu

14. Citygirl
    Join:
    May 3, 2016

Citygirl 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

You're good, I've got a couple of signed Jerseys hard to tell what's what

Worse I've got a hat signed by Simon and Bully and can't tell who's who lol

15. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

AusWarriorsFan 1st Grade Fringe

I tend not to go for signatures but I found a mint Stacey Jones legens of the game card in my old wallet the other day, I think I picked that up in Australia about 2004.

16. Eva
    Join:
    May 4, 2012

Eva NSW Cup Player

Thank you Ever Hopeful and mt.wellington for tagging. The could only guess two - RTS and Pulu! Thanks :D